Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Decided to start a poll about it. Do you guys want intermissions, with both backstories and the events after a Chapter?

Yes. Backstories about our characters, which may answer questions? Seeing the world after the destructive chapters? Yes, please!
- 2 (40%)
Nah. We should just start Chapter 2/3/5/291, and put background info in the Chapter itself.
- 0 (0%)
Why ask, Greatness? It's your game, if you want this sort of thing, just do it already.
- 3 (60%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Voting closed: July 20, 2016, 05:13:00 pm

Pages: 1 ... 98 99 [100] 101 102 ... 106

Author Topic: Wiki Warfare: Cataclysm  (Read 141266 times)

GigaGiant

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering down at you
    • View Profile
Re: Wiki Warfare: Cataclysm: Chapter IV, Round XV (10/10, 0 On Waitlist)
« Reply #1485 on: November 26, 2017, 04:15:22 pm »

Can anyone join the duel, or just those who were involved in the last round? I'd like to join, if it's an option, but if not, that's fine too. I'm willing to wait for the next round.
Insert witty signature here

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
  • A sarcastic, weird nerd of many things. That's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1486 on: November 26, 2017, 07:24:15 pm »

Can anyone join the duel, or just those who were involved in the last round? I'd like to join, if it's an option, but if not, that's fine too. I'm willing to wait for the next round.

I've actually thought about that. Yes, new people may join. Your character sheet will be different then the one you get in Chapter V, though, so if you get a nice ability here, you won't have it next Chapter.
Offer them each a glass of a local drink, Rwandan Flower Wine, which contains secret ingredients to help calm the drinker such as crushed amethyst, dandelion wine and just the right amount of marijuana.
I desire, for whatever reason, to create Space Louisiana.

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1487 on: November 27, 2017, 12:10:21 am »

On one hand, I didn't really end up doing much that round. So it'd be nice to have a proper go at the competition. On the other, it feels weird from an rp stand point for some reason. Dunno why. Ah, what the hell why not.

Sign me up for this battle with the same sheet I had in the round. Probably don't need to say that but hey may as well. Put me in as a Herzog defender if applicable I suppose?
Please don't let textbooks invade Bay12.
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1488 on: November 27, 2017, 12:22:13 am »

On one hand, I didn't really end up doing much that round. So it'd be nice to have a proper go at the competition. On the other, it feels weird from an rp stand point for some reason. Dunno why. Ah, what the hell why not.

Sign me up for this battle with the same sheet I had in the round. Probably don't need to say that but hey may as well. Put me in as a Herzog defender if applicable I suppose?

Alrighty, then. Though, that does give me two questions.

1. Is GigaGiant a Herzog Defender or an Attacker?
2. If this is a team situation between Defenders and Attackers, who gets the wish? The last kill?
Offer them each a glass of a local drink, Rwandan Flower Wine, which contains secret ingredients to help calm the drinker such as crushed amethyst, dandelion wine and just the right amount of marijuana.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #1489 on: November 27, 2017, 01:10:49 am »

I'd like to join the duel thanks.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1490 on: November 27, 2017, 09:00:56 am »

2. If this is a team situation between Defenders and Attackers, who gets the wish? The last kill?
Whoever gets the most kills on their team, maybe.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

GigaGiant

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering down at you
    • View Profile
« Reply #1491 on: November 27, 2017, 09:05:38 am »

Alrighty, then. Though, that does give me two questions.

1. Is GigaGiant a Herzog Defender or an Attacker?

I don't have any preference. I'll be whichever role makes the teams equal.

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1492 on: November 27, 2017, 10:21:26 am »

At this rate the duel is practically its own chapter.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1493 on: November 27, 2017, 09:57:09 pm »

At this rate the duel is practically its own chapter.
So whoever wins, wins twice! Win for Chapter IV, and win for Chapter 4.5.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1494 on: November 30, 2017, 07:03:43 am »

Alright, we have seven competitors for Chapter 4.5! Let's show the split:

Anti-Herzog:
1. FallacyofUrist
2. Failbird105
3. Dolosus Doleus

Pro-Herzog:
1. GigaGiant
2. Person
3. NRDL

Anti-Operator:
1. piratejoe

When I next have a free moment, Chapter 4.5 shall begin. Stay tuned!
« Last Edit: December 01, 2017, 04:10:38 am by Greatness942 »

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Obscure References and Danmaku everywhere.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1495 on: December 01, 2017, 12:23:21 am »

Wait, I'm Anti Herzog? I would have thought I was pro, or in some kind of weird Neutral party seeing how I only wanted to kill him after the book he had was safe.
Battleships Hurl insults from behind thick walls, Destroyers beat up small children, Carriers stay back in the kitchen, and Cruisers are a bunch of tryhards who pretend to be loners.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1496 on: December 01, 2017, 04:10:09 am »

Ah. Hmm, that's actually a really good point. And it'll make the teams more balanced. Sure, lemme edit that.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1497 on: December 07, 2017, 09:22:31 pm »

Chapter IV.V: Duel of the Runner Ups
Team Deathmatch
Part 0: SSD
What Remains of Geist Des Todes Manor, Near the Abisko Research Station, Sweden
Late Night, Starting to Rain, 7/23/2016

At first, the silence of the winner of the fourth battle was thought to be normal, a silent thought of what this newfound power would accomplish for them. But no, I was just wasting my damn time. "Um, Jess?" asked Jaws, before he dispelled the cloak allowing Jess Warner to peek in on it. OceanSoul was standing there, a glazed look in her eyes as drool fell onto the ground around her. It took him a second, but Jess recognized this. "Oh, my God," he said, "She just SSD'd" Confused, Jaws turned to him and asked "SSD?" to which Jess responded "Sudden Space Death, or something like that. It happens on Nanotrasen ships all the time. She just turned more derpy than the pony and there's no hope for recovery."

"Well, what do we do now?" asked Jaws. Jess said "Simple. We split the runner ups into teams based on whether or not they sympathized with him, and whoever kills the most assholes wins." And with a nod, Jaws waved his hand past the competitors. The ones for Herzog's life (including the still very-much dead NRDL) were given a blue armband depicting the family crest of the Geist Des Todes family, which appeared to be a hippogriff surrounded by green flame. Meanwhile, those who wanted to kill Herzog were given a red band depicting an illustration of The Operator, showing him hovering over the corpse of a human as purple souls flew around him. "And for that Pirate bloke?" asked Logan, pointing to Pirate Joanna. After a second, Jess said "Just make him-slash-her a neutral party. Easier that way." And so, PirateJoe got their own armband, purple in color. It depicted the Operator again, though this illustration was different. It depicted him with slicked-back hair as opposed to his spikes, and a brown trenchcoat instead of a torn lab coat. Instead of levitating, this version of them was standing before another human, the souls floating around both of them as equals.

"Okay, need to get something out of the way! When I first thought of this contingency plan, I expected to just give you the same articles and let you fight in the location of the battle. However, given how there are six of you, plus a seventh dude pulled from our pods to balance it out, we've decided to make it a mini-battle instead. So, new articles, new location. Whoever gets the most kills is the one who gets the wish, but you are on teams the whole way through. So, work with your team, or I'll kill you myself."

And with that, the participants were transported off.

Chapala, Jalisco, Mexico
Midday, Sunny, 7/23/2016

Soon, the now-seven Wiki-Warriors were dragged out to a town in Mexico, a country untouched by the battling before them. But now, that shall change...

BSN: Yeah, I decided to do new articles and a new map instead. I was already going to give Giga a different character sheet in Chapter V, and I was like "Should I do that for everyone else?" And then I thought "Well, there's six others. I don't see why not."

Sorry to spring that on you, but I hope you like the abilities you've been granted. TO THE SHEETS!

Spoiler: FallacyofUrist (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Failbird105 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: DolosusDoleus (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: GigaGiant (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Person (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: NRDL (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: piratejoe (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 16, 2017, 12:50:46 am by Greatness942 »

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1498 on: December 07, 2017, 09:57:03 pm »

I hope you like the abilities you've been granted.
((Ehehehehe... HAHAHHAHA!))

Sneak off. Try to find a secluded place with no Wiki-Warrior in sight. If my allies and my enemies are in sight right now, send my Viking to aid in the fight, otherwise, have him come with me. Once I'm hidden...

Generic Arms Race.

GigaGiant

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering down at you
    • View Profile
« Reply #1499 on: December 07, 2017, 10:17:28 pm »

Triforce of the Gods: By praying to a specific altar dedicated to Din, Farore, and Nayru, GigaGiant gains a +2 to his next action, and a +1 to the action after that.

(Do I have to locate and travel to this altar to get the bonus or do I just pray anywhere with this altar in mind to get that bonus?)
Pages: 1 ... 98 99 [100] 101 102 ... 106