Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 55

Author Topic: Wild Mages: Dominic, The Naked Mage  (Read 81866 times)

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Wild Mages: Continental scale TPK?
« Reply #270 on: May 01, 2016, 04:06:58 am »

Woo. Never thought this action could end the game. I really under-estimated the magnitude of magic. Will have to be more careful for the future.

The worst I expected was going to have my soul ripped and turned into spaghetti, thus the will :P

At least I will get a cake instead ! :D

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: May 01, 2016, 04:47:36 am »

You know what they say about cake...
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: May 01, 2016, 10:31:37 am »

N-no...not this...

((Just realized I switched from asking for answers to asking for a lie))

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: May 01, 2016, 10:34:16 am »

...Companion Cuuuuube....

~<3
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
Re: Wild Mages: Specicide strictly optional
« Reply #274 on: May 01, 2016, 01:06:11 pm »

Send a small thought of annoyance go see how Eleanora is doing.
Agreement. mommy sends.

Eleanora appears to be in process of telling tales of Arkean skies and saboteurs slipping past borderwatch into the Empire. Her references are rock solid as far as you can tell, and it seems others are buying the story with some reservations. She's living her dream. Maybe you should do same.

"Ah, there you are, handsome! Where you have been?"

"No, she may come.

Dwarves, fleeing, but trapped in stone...That reeks of mystery...

Plug the pipes for now until we know what they're for.  Unless they're serving a vital function."

Scry into the past of this fortress with the scrying orb.  Assuming I don't die.
Dwarves are strictly fantasy. No myth, legend, or historical record mentions such beings. Only some children's fairy tales talk about brave and stout mountain folks.

"The pipes are empty and corroded shut long time ago, so no problems there."

The scrying orb is slippery on more than one way. You must keep constant focus in order to make it look what you want to see. In particular you focus on the one skeletal arm you remember sticking from stone wall, seeking how it came to be. The orb displays the arm, the moment you found it, how it was day before, week before, month... Years turn into decades, decades into centuries, centuries into millenia and the arm remains same. Shortly after that the orb reaches beginning of the time.
  Interestingly this point is roughly 1097 years ago. A lot closer to present time than it has any business being. And there, at that point of time, the stone wall and the arm stuck in it is still there just like it was yesterday. Well, not exactly; the arm has flesh on it. Rotting flesh. That... can't be right. How about the main hall then? Again you begin scrying process from beginning, looking backwards from present ever further into history trying to detect any changes. You find none. The fortress has been like that since beginning of the time.

Which can't be true. There's just no way. To sum up creation myth, in beginning there was something. Chaos. Ever shifting thing that never remained same, never repeated pattern seen before. Then by accident Order came into being in form of pyrite crystal. It didn't like how everything constantly changed, so it begin fight against Chaos to protect precious state of life that was spawned from Chaos. Order made the Dice in order to find Order in Chaos. Using them Order threw full force assault where it knew it would win to maximize gains, and sent minimal force where it knew it would lose badly. This way it fought until Chaos was exterminated.
  The world was spawned from Chaos near beginning of this fight, but it was orderly. It was in motion, in change, but underlying pattern of Order kept in existance. Order saw this was good and spared it. Historians, chronologists and servants of Order have determined this was about 10000 years ago. So you can easily see the big conflict here.

Laudata storms in demon wolves right behind her. "My lord! What is happening..." She stops on her tracks the moment she sees avatar of the fortress next to you. Avatar grins ans waves at her. Her eyes jump between it and you, silently begging for indication how she should proceed.

Just before articulating his words, a terrible vision assails Soleus.

It is vivid. So real. So close.

The sky has turned into some endlessly deep dark plane.
Black arms and hands of gigantic sizes are descending from the heavens.
Innumerable tendrils of black murk are rising from the earth.

The same blackness he glimpsed at with the Eye of Forbidden Sight.

The souls of all people across the land are ripped off from their mortal vessel by thousands and thousands of wicked hands.

And then they come for him. Cold and screaming. They have waited for so long.

As this apocalyptic scene is unfolding, a stoic voice rising from the world resonates in Soleus mind.

It says :
You really want to die, don't you?

I have this simple classification system for spells, scaling from one to eight. Class 1 is what you lot have been casting mostly. Simple spells. Class 8 is where fundamental rules of reality are changed. Two highest levels cannot be archieved currently, and this spell actually ranks on class 7. And that's if you had magic roll 5 or 6. But you have 1. What I'm going to do? I didn't expect this kind of spell with this kind of roll. I probably should just outright rip your soul out. And Anna's. And probably do same for everyone in the entire continent too. Which also includes all players.

It's also midnight here. I'm gonna sleep over this and think about it more tomorrow. I'll give you opportunity to do same.

At this very moment, Soleus snaps out of the trance on his knees, shaken to the core by what he just saw.

Anna is here, embracing him strongly from the back, pleading with her eyes in tear to stop the madness he was going to do.
There is no way he could hide his intent from the perfect wife he asked. She could read into his heart like in a wide open book.

"I beg you Soleus, stop your madness ! Come back to me !"

He looks at the motionless dice with terror, then at his hands. Why did he even thought of asking for such a spell ??

With a weak voice, he says :
"DICE OF ORDER, BAKE ME A CAKE AND PLACE IT IN FRONT OF ME."
Dice of Order can't bake anything. They are dice. Very peculiar kind of dice, but still only dice.

1. Magic on the other hand finds this talk about dice and order rather annoying. Extremely so. Here! Have the god damn cake!

It is big. It is white and red. It looks absolutely beautiful. It looks outlandishly delicious. It smells desirable. You become hyperaware how hungry you are. Your salivary glands go into hyperactive state filling your mouth in mere moments. Anna is already moving towards it, albeit slowly.

Spoiler: The Cake (click to show/hide)

I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: May 01, 2016, 01:11:49 pm »

Cameron gives a small smile a twinkle in his eye and in a upbeat yet courteous tone.
"Talking and relaxing mainly it's quite nice actually.
Do the above!,
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: May 01, 2016, 01:17:31 pm »

Resisting with all his might, Soleus begins to extend his hand toward the cake.

"Must...not...take...lie..."

Order Tec to destroy the cake, not before rolling for my sanity. ((I would like to have a willpower roll to spice things up. If I fail, I give in to the deliciousness. If not, Tec tries to destroy the cake.))

Atian the Elephantman God

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: May 01, 2016, 01:43:36 pm »

*Elephant Noise*

"ARGHHHHHH"

cast "Drunken Rage" make the archers drunk and shoot at each other.

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: May 01, 2016, 01:44:56 pm »

Make a weapon-summoning scroll, then summon a rock.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2016, 03:27:23 pm by Whisperling »

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: May 01, 2016, 03:20:00 pm »

Make a summoning scroll, then summon a rock.
For scroll you need to specify what it summons on high level. Type of creature or object. As in Scroll of Summon Mammal or Scroll of Summon Weapon.
Old sigs.
Games.

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: May 01, 2016, 03:26:31 pm »

Make a summoning scroll, then summon a rock.
For scroll you need to specify what it summons on high level. Type of creature or object. As in Scroll of Summon Mammal or Scroll of Summon Weapon.

Edited.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: May 01, 2016, 05:17:57 pm »

"I decided to go airborne.  Fortress, Laudata, Laudata, the new avatar of the fortress, by the way.  Also, fortress, can you get me a path to the location of those skeletons?  But not too close."

Scrying, scrying...
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: May 01, 2016, 11:55:27 pm »

"I decided to go airborne.  Fortress, Laudata, Laudata, the new avatar of the fortress, by the way.  Also, fortress, can you get me a path to the location of those skeletons?  But not too close."

Scrying, scrying...
Scrying what?
Old sigs.
Games.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: May 02, 2016, 05:47:11 am »

Back.
Sigtext

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: May 02, 2016, 07:21:48 am »

(it would only end the game for these characters)

Alright ...

Dominic feels the dots on his next die very carefully. If it is 4 or 5 he casts Restore Eyes and Ears. If it is 6 he casts Lock the Gates: Prevent All Summonings. If it is a 3 he casts Gain Extrasensory Awareness of Surroundings. If it is a 2 he casts Find Elephant Mage. If it is a 1, he just throws it in the dirt and leaves it there.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 55