Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 24

Author Topic: Blank Slate - Turn 35 (Jul 7)  (Read 37291 times)

WunderKatze

• Bay Watcher
  • Brass serpent in tow.
    • View Profile
Re: Blank Slate - Turn 26 (June 11)
« Reply #270 on: June 11, 2016, 02:28:30 pm »

Scavenge the trash pile for anything that could be used. Perhaps to make a bomb.
Sigh, they always said that junk food was bad for you. I guess that leaves us with canabalism.

HEAVY DAMAGE
OPERATION MARKET STORM

Sosoku234

• Bay Watcher
  • Shiny and chrome!
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: June 11, 2016, 06:07:11 pm »

Fish around in my pockets for some change. "Now, I know I had a quarter when I left."
Monster stowage inventory running low. Starting #2 Monster Pump, filling #4 Monster tank, via #2a Demonizer.

HighEndNoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: June 20, 2016, 04:29:02 pm »

Well... this is a problem.

Have the drone emit sounds while looking around the pool for anything that could remotely help in this situation.
(5) You manage to struggle free of the guards and sprint to a safe distance before tossing a knife at one! (5 + 1 = 6) The throwing knife zips through the air, slitting a guard's throat! It then travels around the group of guards like a boomerang. It (5) Slits another throat, (Three 6's in a row!) decapitates three more (!), (4) slices open the last guard's arm, and (2) narrowly misses a random bystander. It then flies back into your hand. Holy crap.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: June 20, 2016, 05:00:50 pm »

Sorry, finals plus some graduation-related stuff kept me busy the last few days.

Turn 28

Spoiler: Dictionary (click to show/hide)

Fish around in my pockets for some change. "Now, I know I had a quarter when I left."

[5] You have a pouch of coins made of Neo-Adamantium, an alloy of neutronium-doped buckyballs in a polyhedral nanotube lattice. It's ultra-dense, ultra-durable, and most importantly, its price doesn't fluctuate with the rate of supernovas in the galaxy, like Gold does.

Her hair shifted to a mix of bright green and yellow, showing her amazement. "......woah......"

She tentatively prods the rope bridge with a foot, and if it proves to be stable, she begins walking across it.

[1] It's difficult to prove the bridge's stability without putting your full weight on it. After all, rope stretches quite a bit when it's spread out over such a distance, and the actual properties of the rope aren't known to you. So when the rope snaps after you traverse halfway across, you find yourself dumbfounded as you swing over the abyss, holding on for dear life. Eventually it settles on the opposite size, and you climb up to, err, 'ground level,' that is, the ground level of the village.

The hand of a child greets you over the edge, helping you up.

And then, when you stand up and take a look at the crowd in front of you, an assortment of vagabonds and pariahs from what looks like a medieval age, their eyes meet yours in wonder. Slowly, that wonder turns to dread, as you notice some of the villagers turning to walk and/or run back to the huts behind them. Speaking of which, the 'village' as you see it consists of huts that are either hanging or resting on fungal platforms, connected by rope bridges. In the distance, through the loosely-spaced floorboards, you see a dark ring-shaped building hanging from the ground by a network of ropes, like a baby's toy caught in a spiderweb.

Scavenge the trash pile for anything that could be used. Perhaps to make a bomb.

[5] You dig down deeper in the pile. There's chemical residues and such, but it seems that the rains have washed away any actual remaining substance that's potentially explosive. All you have is the beating heart thing.
"Wait, I think I got something," says the fishman. "That beating... thing...'s got a lot of potency, for lack of a body. If you happened to give it some of your energy, it might actualize itself... and give off a lot of energy in the process. I think it just might be able to blow the door. How about it?"

If prompted, he notes that New Humans have a lot of latent energy in them. You'll need a former machine to channel that energy with, a 'Proxy' so to speak. When questioned about who'd make a good Proxy, he points at himself.

Well... this is a problem.

Have the drone emit sounds while looking around the pool for anything that could remotely help in this situation.

The drone emits a squeal, although not due to the sound you make. Rather, the battery seems to be dying. [6] It seems you've overexterted it, and it's having a hard time staying aloft.

The sound wakes the woman anyway. She opens a pair of black-rimmed eyes and looks at your drone--or rather, it feels, at you. It gives you a bit of a chill.
She raises an arm, and a rivulet of glowing water grows out of the pond like a gravity-defying branch and supports your drone from falling. She sits up slowly, still staring into the drone, and straightens her hair.

"Are you new to this realm?" she addresses the drone. Or you.

Brann Montoya's Status: Frostbitten finger (minor)

Halcyon Adhil's Status: Temple gash (minor)
« Last Edit: June 20, 2016, 06:28:08 pm by _DivideByZero_ »
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

Sosoku234

• Bay Watcher
  • Shiny and chrome!
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: June 20, 2016, 06:27:41 pm »

"Haha. Your lucky day hermit."

Put three coins in the hermit's donation bowl. Venture through the cave.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2016, 01:33:30 pm by Sosoku234 »
Monster stowage inventory running low. Starting #2 Monster Pump, filling #4 Monster tank, via #2a Demonizer.

HighEndNoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: June 22, 2016, 01:29:45 pm »

"Uh, yes, I guess I am new to this realm. Are you alright?"

Have the drone set itself down on a rock, and use it as a speaker for me. Turn down the visual feed to save power.
(5) You manage to struggle free of the guards and sprint to a safe distance before tossing a knife at one! (5 + 1 = 6) The throwing knife zips through the air, slitting a guard's throat! It then travels around the group of guards like a boomerang. It (5) Slits another throat, (Three 6's in a row!) decapitates three more (!), (4) slices open the last guard's arm, and (2) narrowly misses a random bystander. It then flies back into your hand. Holy crap.

spümpkin

• Bay Watcher
  • coming to you live from the action
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: June 22, 2016, 01:41:54 pm »

"I-I'm friendly, al...alright? No... No need to worry."

Attempt to find a way out of the village.
Quote from: Sergarr
When in doubt, use puns.
Quote from: Calidovi
in our own special way we are all shitpost
each day, when the sun shines and greets us with a smile, at least one of us finds that inner strength to spout bullshit on a forum revolving around the systemized slaughter of midgets
dont call me a shitposter, call me a spirit one with the shitpost atman
Quote from: Descan
that's pretty gay

WunderKatze

• Bay Watcher
  • Brass serpent in tow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: June 23, 2016, 12:49:42 am »

"Uhhhh... We wouldn't be killing anyone right?"

"I mean, we'd not be sending souls off to judgement, right?"

Raioyris inspects the fleshy blob.

"I can't tell if this blob is a well hearted saint of Christendom."

If it will not release a soul then follow through with the plan.
Sigh, they always said that junk food was bad for you. I guess that leaves us with canabalism.

HEAVY DAMAGE
OPERATION MARKET STORM

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: June 23, 2016, 01:02:17 am »

Turn 29

Spoiler: Dictionary (click to show/hide)

"I-I'm friendly, al...alright? No... No need to worry."

Attempt to find a way out of the village.

[1] You find yourself surrounded by screaming peasants who can't speak your language, some running away while others flock to you with outstretched arms, begging for alms. It seems they take you for some sort of rich person.

Either way, every exit is blocked, and you see some guards in chainmail making their way over.

"Uh, yes, I guess I am new to this realm. Are you alright?"

Have the drone set itself down on a rock, and use it as a speaker for me. Turn down the visual feed to save power.

You hear her voice as if through your ears.
"Never been better,"
You feel like being picked up and moved around. Your body is not okay with this, and you feel a tad nauseous.

"You said you were new. Could you direct some peasants into this cave for me? I'd appreciate that."

"Haha. Your lucky day hermit."

Put three coins in the hermit's donation bowl. Venture through the cave.

You wander through the cave and find that, at the bottom, the long downwards ramp terminates in an opening to the air below. You see a great chasm and two stakes in the ground about a meter apart from each other. To the sides, you see bright orange fungus hanging from the ceiling.

There's not much below. Just some brightly lit clouds. It looks like a long way down.
[4] You see a a note, charred into a block of wood.
"IF BRIDGE BREAKS, CALL THE GODDESS"

"Uhhhh... We wouldn't be killing anyone right?"

"I mean, we'd not be sending souls off to judgement, right?"

Raioyris inspects the fleshy blob.

"I can't tell if this blob is a well hearted saint of Christendom."

If it will not release a soul then follow through with the plan.

"Release? No, you've giving it a body. A better one at that."
Deciding to believe him, you go forward with the plan.

"Alright? We'll start."
Your vision blurs, and the colors of the world recede into the outlines of objects, as if a skin covering each tree, rock, and tool had been pulled back, revealing a dark and hollow core inside.
In this realm, the fishman appears ash-grey, though you can hardly make out his expression. Your own body has also taken on this altered form, but yours is snow-white.

The fishman grabs your hand... and kisses it. You notice a black smear on your wrist in the shape of a fish's lips, and stare at the fishman, who then outstretches his arm and sends forth streamers of water from the sea, which pour into the blob and drains into its skin. The world returns to normal, and you see the fishman's toothy grin made out of seashells.

[2/8] The blob slightly expands. You can now sort of make out facial features, and it seems to be trying to vocalize. You wonder what it's trying to say.

K͖͍̘̘͈̙̖I̼̘̝̹͚L̹̜̹̗̹̩L̹͎̝̝ ̲̤͓M̡͈̻̼E͍̦̙̥͕̳E͏̬̤̯͖͇͚E̮̰ͅE̴̜͕̮

Brann Montoya's Status: Frostbitten finger (minor)

Halcyon Adhil's Status: Temple gash (minor)

Sosoku234

• Bay Watcher
  • Shiny and chrome!
    • View Profile
Re: Blank Slate - Turn 29 (June 22)
« Reply #279 on: June 23, 2016, 10:19:41 am »

Kneel and try a fleeting prayer to the 'Goddess'. Failing in that, go get that priest guy and see if he can't help. Succeeding in calling the Goddess, get everyone together and tell them of the newly fixed bridge and inquire if we should cross to the other side of the bridge.

HighEndNoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: June 23, 2016, 03:07:41 pm »

Turning off sight was not a good idea. "Uh, sure. What do you define as a 'peasant' though?"

Turn the vision back to, and clarify the mysterious woman's questions.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2016, 03:48:17 pm by HighEndNoob »

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: June 23, 2016, 03:47:33 pm »

Turning off sight was not a good idea. "Uh, sure. What do you define as a 'peasent' though?"

"Peasent...? Human, I suppose. Now please go, I am quite hungry."

HighEndNoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: June 25, 2016, 02:21:13 am »

An odd request, but also an excellent way to learn duscover more about this world's behaviors.

"...sure thing!"

Think about where I can find peasants for the lady. Trun the drones vision back on and try to get it to return to the surface.

spümpkin

• Bay Watcher
  • coming to you live from the action
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: June 25, 2016, 10:12:45 am »

Oh bother.

Draw The Peacemaker, and wave it around threateningly.
Quote from: Sergarr
When in doubt, use puns.
Quote from: Calidovi
in our own special way we are all shitpost
each day, when the sun shines and greets us with a smile, at least one of us finds that inner strength to spout bullshit on a forum revolving around the systemized slaughter of midgets
dont call me a shitposter, call me a spirit one with the shitpost atman
Quote from: Descan
that's pretty gay

WunderKatze

• Bay Watcher
  • Brass serpent in tow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: June 25, 2016, 09:40:35 pm »

"Kill you? Not unless you surrender your soul onto this flesh."

"Now where's this blast you spoke of sir?"

HEAVY DAMAGE
OPERATION MARKET STORM
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 24