Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 24

Author Topic: Blank Slate - Turn 35 (Jul 7)  (Read 37294 times)

HighEndNoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Blank Slate - Turn 31 (June 29)
« Reply #300 on: June 30, 2016, 02:04:30 am »

This is a great opportunity to learn about this black-hole world! I should be careful with what I ask.

Ask about what creatures and races live in this world.
(5) You manage to struggle free of the guards and sprint to a safe distance before tossing a knife at one! (5 + 1 = 6) The throwing knife zips through the air, slitting a guard's throat! It then travels around the group of guards like a boomerang. It (5) Slits another throat, (Three 6's in a row!) decapitates three more (!), (4) slices open the last guard's arm, and (2) narrowly misses a random bystander. It then flies back into your hand. Holy crap.

WunderKatze

• Bay Watcher
  • Brass serpent in tow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: June 30, 2016, 02:14:59 am »

"So you want me to stab myself?" Réoris says with a curled lip.

Comply.

Sigh, they always said that junk food was bad for you. I guess that leaves us with canabalism.

HEAVY DAMAGE
OPERATION MARKET STORM

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: June 30, 2016, 02:42:15 am »

Turn 32

"Oh. Alright. Well, I'll wait here then."

Wait for the tea, and then commune with the 'God of Metal'.

The shrine maiden brings a tray in one hand and a folding table in another. She sets down the table, flipping it down onto the ground, and watches as a spring-loaded mechanism inflates the table into a metal cube with a flat top, setting the tray on top.

Chairs follow shortly. They're carved out of a spotted wood, and you can see small bits of fungus growing out of the edges.

Afterward, the shrine maiden disappears and the God of Metal, Dregadeth, climbs into the shrine (from... below?) in a plated suit of armor emblazoned with an inverted cross, a shield coated in bloodstone, and a two-handed sword in its scabbard, with a hilt similar in style to Peacemaker. Bundles of metal chains hang from his wrists and feet, rattling as he walks with heavy gait.

"WIDE IS THE PATH THAT LEADS TO DESTRUCTION..." screeches a voice from deep within the armor, a sound that inflicts visible pain on those gathered in the crowd beyond the gate. "LET US HOPE, THEN, THAT YOU WALK THE PATH OF JUSTICE AND TRUTH. I SEE ONLY DEATH IN THE EYES OF THOSE WHO COME TO MY SHRINE, AND ASK FOR WEAPONS OF WAR. THEY ARE BOUND BY CHAINS WHICH WILL ONLY DRAG THEM DOWN THAT PATHWAY INTO THE PIT OF DESPAIR."

Kneel before her.

"I am Halcyon Adhil, m'lady.

I'm not as well off as I appear, I'm quite sad to say. I come from a place too far away to see and so difficult to enter that my colleagues and I almost died getting here.

In my homeland, there is no magic. No gods or goddesses. Only technology which would mimic this world's magical properties. I am here with naught but the clothes on my back and some coin from back home.  Aside from a wayward man tiger, you are the first being of this world I have met.

But. I digress. I have sought you out for help. The bridge crossing the chasm is missing. There was a sign that shewed me that if the bridge is out, I need to seek the Goddess for help."

The Goddess covers her mouth, and giggles briefly, her eyes fixed on yours.
"There is a reason that bridge is made of rope and wood. My abilities cause the Earth to grow and lend its bounty to the people."
She takes two steps toward the shrine gate.
"As a matter of fact, you are not alone. I also grew up in a land without magic, long ago, but now I work it all the same. But I'm not human.
You mentioned a Wayward man-tiger?"

She raises an arm, and fungi emerge from the dead soil, showing their bright colors and forming a sort of diorama depicting Guark in his human form, surrounded by Terran animals.
"This is him, correct? His name is Guark. I would not trust him, for he is of the host that take the form of animals. They eat humans to steal their life-energy."

This is a great opportunity to learn about this black-hole world! I should be careful with what I ask.

Ask about what creatures and races live in this world.

"That's a great first question, since it worth two questions."
She sits up in the water, as if on a chair.
"This is a world of Gods and Men. Men live their lives and die. Gods live forever, and there aren't that many of us worth talking to so we do get a little lonely. Hmmmph.
The other things that live here are bioforms, human life-energy twisted into forms that manipulate earth-energy. Those are 'plants' I guess. Maybe animals, too. I haven't seen any."

She seems to remember something important.
"Also, be careful if you go fishing. Those fish belong to someone."

"So you want me to stab myself?" Réoris says with a curled lip.

Comply.

He speaks truth! The knife produces a spray of purple, which fills your vision as streamers which gravitate back into your body, except for some freed portions which are drained into fishman, who then redirects a torrent of water from the lake and inflates the soul-blob. There is a cold mist and a blast of fire, followed by a pillar which extends into the sky and into the bunker below, carving a hole into a candlelit apartment filled with decora and scrolls.

The new creature is born as a thirteen-year-old girl in blue modern clothing (TheMoonlitShadow), her big brown eyes and expression betraying extreme nausea. She is strangely unharmed by the blaze. (TheBiggerFish is inside)

"I have proven myself! Bestow me a name, that I may return to your calling. The knife is yours; as my master, it will slay all but you."

It hurts. It really does.

Who knows how long ago it started.

As you lay on the beach, bones broken from a great drop, an old man came to your assistance and promised you healing. He did not heal you. Rather, he broke every bone in your body and used you as a test subject for all sorts of alchemical experiments. None of these had a lasting effect on yourself; it seemed as if we was using you as a power source insidead. But you could do little to help yourself, drained of any ability to help.

Until now. With a crack of thunder and a blaze of light boring a hole in chamber just , you find yourself invigorated with a burst of energy. Your bones have healed and your body reinvigorated. For now, though, you lie in your bed as the Hermit prepares another cocktail at his slate desk.

Spoiler: Charsheet! (click to show/hide)

You come to your senses in a blaze of light, wondering what happened to you that kept you out for so long. You recall being in pain a short while ago, but are unable to form any particular picture of what happened. Your memories of this world since then? Not at all. But you remember your past before the plunge.
In front of you stand: a friar in black garb (Wunderkatze), and a towering man made of living fish, riding a typhoon of seafood across the ground like a gross sort of levitation. The fishman shouts to the friar:
"I have proven myself! Bestow me a name, that I may return to your calling. The knife is yours; as my master, it will slay all but you."

You find yourself nauseous, sitting next to a hole in the ground: a clean circle cut into a bunker below by something you don't remember. You feel chilly. Your equipment is also missing.

Spoiler: Dictionary (click to show/hide)

Brann Montoya's Status: Frostbitten finger (minor)

Halcyon Adhil's Status: Temple gash (minor)

Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

spümpkin

• Bay Watcher
  • coming to you live from the action
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: June 30, 2016, 02:50:54 am »

"Oh.... Uh.... Hi. I more so came here to ask you about these people, and also how to talk to them? And, I don't know, maybe you could give me magical language powers or something?"
« Last Edit: June 30, 2016, 02:52:36 am by DigitalDemon »
Quote from: Sergarr
When in doubt, use puns.
Quote from: Calidovi
in our own special way we are all shitpost
each day, when the sun shines and greets us with a smile, at least one of us finds that inner strength to spout bullshit on a forum revolving around the systemized slaughter of midgets
dont call me a shitposter, call me a spirit one with the shitpost atman
Quote from: Descan
that's pretty gay

Sosoku234

• Bay Watcher
  • Shiny and chrome!
    • View Profile
Re: Blank Slate - Turn 32 (June 30)
« Reply #304 on: June 30, 2016, 05:06:55 am »

"Yes, that is him. He gave me this gash on my head. He also explained to me what he is. He hails from the same place as I, however, he has changed much since then and is unrecognizable to any from my homeland.

But, be that as it may, I should be moving on soon. I  came to ask you to raise the bridge, m'lady."
Monster stowage inventory running low. Starting #2 Monster Pump, filling #4 Monster tank, via #2a Demonizer.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: June 30, 2016, 09:55:33 am »

Run.  Seriously, get out of there.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2016, 09:57:39 am by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

WunderKatze

• Bay Watcher
  • Brass serpent in tow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: June 30, 2016, 10:45:47 pm »

"Only Father knows your true name, but I suppose I have to call you something."

"Meeres. I shall call you Meeres. Grace to you my friend."

Réoris turns to the girl, "Now, who are you?"
Sigh, they always said that junk food was bad for you. I guess that leaves us with canabalism.

HEAVY DAMAGE
OPERATION MARKET STORM

HighEndNoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: June 30, 2016, 11:54:00 pm »

"Thank you for the knowledge... now wait just a minute! Creatures and races mean the same thing, putting an and doesn't change that! Creates and races both share..."

Go on a long legal tangent to try to make that count as 1 question, not 2.
(5) You manage to struggle free of the guards and sprint to a safe distance before tossing a knife at one! (5 + 1 = 6) The throwing knife zips through the air, slitting a guard's throat! It then travels around the group of guards like a boomerang. It (5) Slits another throat, (Three 6's in a row!) decapitates three more (!), (4) slices open the last guard's arm, and (2) narrowly misses a random bystander. It then flies back into your hand. Holy crap.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: July 01, 2016, 01:20:20 am »

Turn 33

"Oh.... Uh.... Hi. I more so came here to ask you about these people, and also how to talk to them? And, I don't know, maybe you could give me magical language powers or something?"

"...Oh." his voice is much more tempered now, but still carries with it an authoritative tone, befitting such an imposing figure.
"I see. Those who wish to seek, will seek, and those who seek, will find. Bring me steel!"

Some servants wearing full chainmail, masks hiding their faces, approach carrying bars of steel.

The God of Metal takes an ingot and crushes it between his hands. It immediately glows white-hot, and then cools to a warm blue glow as he stretches it between his fingers. The metal mask is keenly focused on the work; the semi-molten material changes unpredictably, seemingly defying physics. Finally, it cools into a green single-piece bracelet engraved with the magic alphabet: Higan.

"This will teach you, if you teach others. When you bring it back, I shall see the path you have taken. I cannot judge you now, for the nature of a color changes based on its surroundings."

"Yes, that is him. He gave me this gash on my head. He also explained to me what he is. He hails from the same place as I, however, he has changed much since then and is unrecognizable to any from my homeland.

But, be that as it may, I should be moving on soon. I  came to ask you to raise the bridge, m'lady."

"You are not bound to be well-received. Not in the village below. They are wary of outsiders."
Regardless, she comes down with you into the cave. At the rope bridge, (d8: 5) she raises it with many orange strings coming from the soil above. While the floor of the plane above was dead and filled with soft gravel and sand, the ceiling of this plane is alive and teeming with blue and orange spots.

"There. You may cross. I require nothing, for visits to my shrine depend on this bridge as much as you do. Let us meet again!"

"Only Father knows your true name, but I suppose I have to call you something."

"Meeres. I shall call you Meeres. Grace to you my friend."

Réoris turns to the girl, "Now, who are you?"

(d6: 1) She lunges at your knife. You keep her at a distance with an open palm, causing her shorter arms to flail wildly.
Fishman turns to look. "Relax," she says to her. "He gave you life again. Let us invade the lair of the wretched hermit below instead, and save the souls trapped within!"

You can see a thin mist of white Spirit emanating from the hole. It seems the whole compound is saturated with souls. A bad sign.

Move forward to listen closer, while staying hidden. Try to steal the knife if possible.

You're not exactly hidden, standing on top of the hill right in front of them. You try to steal the knife out of the friar's grip (d6: 1) but fail pathetically.
"Relax," says 'Meeres' to you. "He gave you life again. Let us invade the lair of the wretched hermit below instead, and save the souls trapped within!"
He slithers on toward you and the hole.

Run.  Seriously, get out of there.

You run to the compound entrance. It is a great slab of concrete, operated by runes which derive their power from a spiritual source.

The door no longer opens. It either won't open for you, or it won't open period. Something just blew open the ceiling after all!
The hermit does not follow you. In fact you hear a wooden door slam shut.

"Thank you for the knowledge... now wait just a minute! Creatures and races mean the same thing, putting an and doesn't change that! Creates and races both share..."

Go on a long legal tangent to try to make that count as 1 question, not 2.

[4] "Verbal agreements don't have legal st-

Fine. One more."

All that's left of the pheasant is several feathers. You can still feel its dying screams.

Spoiler: Dictionary (click to show/hide)

Brann Montoya's Status: Frostbitten finger (minor)

Halcyon Adhil's Status: Temple gash (minor)

spümpkin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Blank Slate - Turn 33 (June 30)
« Reply #309 on: July 01, 2016, 01:52:13 am »

Woop-de-doo, cryptic riddle advice. Whatever.

Wear the amulet, and then attempt to make contact with one of the foreign villagers. Greet them.
When in doubt, use puns.
each day, when the sun shines and greets us with a smile, at least one of us finds that inner strength to spout bullshit on a forum revolving around the systemized slaughter of midgets
that's pretty gay

Sosoku234

• Bay Watcher
  • Shiny and chrome!
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: July 01, 2016, 05:36:09 am »

"I'm sure we'll meet again. I promise that in the future, I'll come back to visit. Until then, farewell." Bow to the Goddess.

After that, cross the bridge.
Monster stowage inventory running low. Starting #2 Monster Pump, filling #4 Monster tank, via #2a Demonizer.

WunderKatze

• Bay Watcher
  • Brass serpent in tow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: July 02, 2016, 07:34:17 pm »

Enter the compound stealthily.

HEAVY DAMAGE
OPERATION MARKET STORM

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: July 03, 2016, 02:52:07 am »

Woop-de-doo, cryptic riddle advice. Whatever.

Wear the amulet, and then attempt to make contact with one of the foreign villagers. Greet them.

Your sword flashes white when you put the bracelet on. It then resumes its natural blue glow. You find that the blue glow is linked to the lanterns hanging from various posts in the ceiling. The lanterns feel warm to the touch, and seem to be burning candles with a bright blue flame.

You greet one of the villagers outside the shrine.
Villager: "Uh... greetings... are you a god? You have that weapon..."

Seeing that the artifact works, the God of Metal bows and humbly retreats.
"I shall keep my word. Until next time..."

"I'm sure we'll meet again. I promise that in the future, I'll come back to visit. Until then, farewell." Bow to the Goddess.

After that, cross the bridge.

You enter a village hung from the ceiling. Rope bridges make up a majority of travel, and platforms hanging from posts jammed in the ceiling create plazas and balconies. Houses are upside-down, and in-between rope bridges there are fields of orange fungus growing out of the blue soil. Some of the fungus has berries growing off of it.

There is a crowd up ahead. You look forward and see Soreli speaking to the villagers. They seem to understand her!

Enter the compound stealthily.

You hop in as stealthily as you can after a massive explosion. Touching down, you notice a weakened, somewhat aged man who seems to be in a hurry to get out of the compound. The girl hops in behind you, but Meeres remains up above.
"I cannot maneuver down there. If you want me to help, summon me when needed. Also, please bring whatever scrolls you can find."

You find lots of scroll-holders laid out on the desk, along with ribbons, stamps, ink spilled out all over, and drawers pulled out and thrown across the room. The one thing you don't find are scrolls, except for one crumpled up piece of scroll paper that shows a picture of a human woman lying on a bed with arrows leading out from her heart. At the top you read:
#import BioEnergy
#import BioEnergyIO
#import BioDrain

There is a locked door inside the compound, made of wood. It has a doorknob, though, and might not be barred.
"Do you have a weapon?"

Follow him!

He's quiet, trying to be stealthy, but there's nobody to evade that's present. (read post above for a description)

Sosoku234

• Bay Watcher
  • Shiny and chrome!
    • View Profile
Re: Blank Slate - Turn 33 (Jul 3)
« Reply #313 on: July 03, 2016, 12:35:11 pm »

Approach cautiously.

spümpkin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Blank Slate - Turn 33 (Jul 3)
« Reply #314 on: July 04, 2016, 01:47:23 am »

"Oh, uh, no. I... am a messenger of the God of Metal! I have been sent here to... protect you! And in return, you... shall offer me things!"
When in doubt, use puns.
that's pretty gay
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 24