Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24

Author Topic: Blank Slate - Turn 35 (Jul 7)  (Read 37287 times)

HighEndNoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Blank Slate - Turn 34 (Jul 6)
« Reply #330 on: July 07, 2016, 12:29:30 am »

"...sorry, I was just thinking of a question. Anyway, my last question; How do land masses float in this world?"
(5) You manage to struggle free of the guards and sprint to a safe distance before tossing a knife at one! (5 + 1 = 6) The throwing knife zips through the air, slitting a guard's throat! It then travels around the group of guards like a boomerang. It (5) Slits another throat, (Three 6's in a row!) decapitates three more (!), (4) slices open the last guard's arm, and (2) narrowly misses a random bystander. It then flies back into your hand. Holy crap.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: July 07, 2016, 01:02:54 am »

Thennnnn.... Maybe open it but prepare to clobber?
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

spümpkin

• Bay Watcher
  • coming to you live from the action
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: July 07, 2016, 02:16:23 pm »

"Oh, yeah, that'd be great!"

Follow her to the merhcant, or use whatever details she gives ti find him on my own.
Quote from: Sergarr
When in doubt, use puns.
Quote from: Calidovi
in our own special way we are all shitpost
each day, when the sun shines and greets us with a smile, at least one of us finds that inner strength to spout bullshit on a forum revolving around the systemized slaughter of midgets
dont call me a shitposter, call me a spirit one with the shitpost atman
Quote from: Descan
that's pretty gay

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: July 07, 2016, 05:46:51 pm »

Turn 35

"...sorry, I was just thinking of a question. Anyway, my last question; How do land masses float in this world?"

"Aww, well, if you don't want to find out for yourself, I'll tell you. They're not floating. They're just falling, rather slowly I'd add. You've been to the Ceiling at least once in your lifetime, you should have noticed it looks like water, dripping slowly."

"Hm. This ink is nothing but a watery obituary. The souls of man wasted like this! Oh father, this flesh is pregnant with anger and wrath!"

"Tell me there is but some way to pry these souls from their descent into eternal fire!"

Raioyris gathers the ink and the paper.

"This power is drawn from the very life of man, I will not be rapt to this power of evil. I must undo this wicked abuse!"

An old-looking man walks past you and opens the locked door by twisting the doorknob. It squeals open pathetically, and on the other side you find an even older man, crying for mercy. (Read below)

Thennnnn.... Maybe open it but prepare to clobber?

[5] You twist the knob, ripping the lock apart with your bare hands. Whoops.

On the other side lies a cowering wretch of a man, clutching his various scrolls and apparati.
"Don't kill me, please! I do not make weapons, only medicines and charms! I wish to supplant the Harvest Goddess and her whims for the sake of the village!"

"Oh, yeah, that'd be great!"

Follow her to the merhcant, or use whatever details she gives ti find him on my own.

"There's another one like you coming. I have my duties here, but I'll write him a letter. Let me head inside..."
She comes back with a letter scrawled in the Higan alphabet. It reads:

From the keeper of the shrine in Steelhaven,

I have met an outsider on good terms with the God of Metal. She wishes to learn how to glide. Could you perhaps allow her to accompany you on your next journey? I shall repay you for any expenses.

Her initials are at the bottom. "There's another one like you coming. I have my duties here, but I'll write him a letter. Let me head inside..." she says, pointing to the large donut-shaped structure hanging from cables in the distance.

"When was the last time I ate?" Go to the food market.

You head to the food market. There are stalls lined up on both sides of the main street, but the whole marketplace hangs from several platforms made from planks suspended from pillars embedded in the ground above. It feels all rickety, with all the weight brought on top, but judging by how old everything looks it seems it's been here a while. You find that everything is organized by quadrant, the northeast containing meats, the southeast containing mushrooms and truffles, the southwest containing drinks, and the northwest containing herbs and rare foods collected from other islands. In the center is a stall, labelled EXCHANGE.

The peasants selling food act cautiously around you, and you're unable to speak their language. But you can read their signs and they seem to understand basic gestures.

Spoiler: Dictionary (click to show/hide)

Brann Montoya's Status: Frostbitten finger (minor)

Halcyon Adhil's Status: Temple gash (minor)

« Last Edit: July 07, 2016, 08:30:04 pm by _DivideByZero_ »
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

spümpkin

• Bay Watcher
  • coming to you live from the action
    • View Profile
Re: Blank Slate - Turn 35 (Jul 7)
« Reply #334 on: July 08, 2016, 05:17:28 am »

"Oh, another crew member...... Wow... Huh. Well, I don't have time to wait around for company!"

Head towards the glidesman, and learn to glide.
Quote from: Sergarr
When in doubt, use puns.
Quote from: Calidovi
in our own special way we are all shitpost
each day, when the sun shines and greets us with a smile, at least one of us finds that inner strength to spout bullshit on a forum revolving around the systemized slaughter of midgets
dont call me a shitposter, call me a spirit one with the shitpost atman
Quote from: Descan
that's pretty gay

Sosoku234

• Bay Watcher
  • Shiny and chrome!
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: July 08, 2016, 08:19:01 am »

Go to the exchange kiosk.
Monster stowage inventory running low. Starting #2 Monster Pump, filling #4 Monster tank, via #2a Demonizer.

HighEndNoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: July 08, 2016, 09:43:51 pm »

"Interesting, very interesting. Thank you for your time and questions."

Pick up the disabled hat drone and make to leave the cave.
(5) You manage to struggle free of the guards and sprint to a safe distance before tossing a knife at one! (5 + 1 = 6) The throwing knife zips through the air, slitting a guard's throat! It then travels around the group of guards like a boomerang. It (5) Slits another throat, (Three 6's in a row!) decapitates three more (!), (4) slices open the last guard's arm, and (2) narrowly misses a random bystander. It then flies back into your hand. Holy crap.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: July 09, 2016, 12:12:54 am »

"I'll answer more questions if you bring me more!" she pleads as you turn to leave.

Go to the exchange kiosk.

The man at the kiosk notices you and raises an arm. As you come closer, you see that he is polishing a gold-colored goblet with a microfiber cloth.
"Greetings!" he says in your language. "It's not too often we get travelers. What's your story? Or do you just want to get down to business, eh?"

Follow TBF.
See below
Quote from: TheBiggerFish's roll
[5] You twist the knob, ripping the lock apart with your bare hands. Whoops.

On the other side lies a cowering wretch of a man, clutching his various scrolls and apparati.
"Don't kill me, please! I do not make weapons, only medicines and charms! I wish to supplant the Harvest Goddess and her whims for the sake of the village!"
« Last Edit: July 09, 2016, 12:20:34 am by _DivideByZero_ »

Sosoku234

• Bay Watcher
  • Shiny and chrome!
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: July 09, 2016, 05:50:14 am »

"Well, hello. Since I may be staying here a while, I'm Halcyon. You can call me Hal if you like. I'm a traveler from an infinitely distant place. I came to this land looking for a fresh start.

"So, I guess I'll need to know the going price for NY money, right?
Show him one of my coins. "I don't know it's worth here."
Monster stowage inventory running low. Starting #2 Monster Pump, filling #4 Monster tank, via #2a Demonizer.

WunderKatze

• Bay Watcher
  • Brass serpent in tow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: July 09, 2016, 10:54:16 pm »

"Where is the master of this lair?"
« Last Edit: July 10, 2016, 09:16:05 pm by WunderKatze »
Sigh, they always said that junk food was bad for you. I guess that leaves us with canabalism.

HEAVY DAMAGE
OPERATION MARKET STORM

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: July 10, 2016, 05:51:24 pm »

"Why, then, do you do such harm in making them?

My name is Artemis.  Who are you?"
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: July 10, 2016, 07:57:45 pm »

Turn 36

"I'll answer more questions if you bring me more!" she pleads as you turn to leave.

"Well, hello. Since I may be staying here a while, I'm Halcyon. You can call me Hal if you like. I'm a traveler from an infinitely distant place. I came to this land looking for a fresh start.

"So, I guess I'll need to know the going price for NY money, right?
Show him one of my coins. "I don't know it's worth here."

"Infinitely distant, eh." He clears out the baubles from the counter, figurines and metal crafts from various sources. He straightens his cloak, a luminous orange weave, the same color as the man's thin layer of hair.
"You'll fit right in then. That coin is worth a lot. Passerby's tell me it's the only stable currency in the galaxy. Takes the same energy boiling an ocean to mint a back. I'd say..." He pulls open a drawer. You see more Neo-Adamantium coins inside, next to many shades of other coins: a lot of dark crimson, silvery coins made from an iridescent mineral, transparent coins that glow gold in the light, and gemstones of various colors shaped like coins.
"Most people don't carry enough Silvers to make up a Gold, and one of your coins is worth about fourteen Golds. That's a hundred and forty Silvers." He gets out a scale and begins measuring the amount.

"Who are you?"
I'm asking TBF.

"Oh, another crew member...... Wow... Huh. Well, I don't have time to wait around for company!"

Head towards the glidesman, and learn to glide.

The glidesman shall be found in the Torus. From a distance, it looks like an odd donut hanging from many strings. But as the fog clears, it becomes apparent this was no purpose-built structure. Its metal surface bears the old patterns of the Interstellar Empire, one of the first attempts at a multi-system form of governance in the galaxy. Its vessels, many thousands of years old by now, were mostly sold for scrap or dismantled. Seeing the habitat ring of one right here... it's a rare sight to say the least. Only a thousand were ever built.

The interior was designed with its own ecosystem of grasses and Terran creatures. Those haven't survived as long as the ship, but the denizens of this realm have taken to cultivating fields inside it, using the still-functional sunring whose light feels warm on your skin. The old architecture is there, old hangars and quarters connected by almost-levitating bridges held aloft across huge distances with no support. Stairwells made of wood were added in, and wedges were placed beneath structures to make them level with the downward gravity in this realm.

One of the old hangars and elevators of the Torus became a hub of commerce and travel thanks to its convenient orientation. There are loading bays, warehouses, everything already set for the purpose of imports and exports. You see an airship docked between two cantilever piers, having a wooden crane and an impromptu metal crane fitted from an old broken one. On a different pier, there are large folding hang gliders parked and hung upside-down from the ceiling. You notice a man tending to a glider that's heavily decorated, and almost half as wide as the others. Each one has a harness and a set of brass handlebars used to control it.

"Hey," he introduces himself as Aleph. "You got some business with me? I've got room for a few more trinkets," he points at a luggage bag next to his glider.

"Why, then, do you do such harm in making them?

My name is Artemis.  Who are you?"

My name is Soqhia. But I don't know how I got here.

Where is this place, anyway?"

Both of you were victims of the hermit. He did not subdue you through force, but through drugs and trickery, which blocked most of your memory for the most part. But it seems the exchange between the friar dude and the hermit may give some insight.

"Where is the master of this lair?"

"I... I... I... I am... sire..."

He's hiding in a closet full of equipment, glass containers, and chemicals or herbs isolated in vials. But now that he's cornered, it seems like he's given up. He has all of his scrolls in his hands, some crumpled by rough handling.

Spoiler: Dictionary (click to show/hide)

Brann Montoya's Status: Frostbitten finger (minor)

Halcyon Adhil's Status: Temple gash (minor)

Sosoku234

• Bay Watcher
  • Shiny and chrome!
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: July 10, 2016, 09:53:39 pm »

"Really? Hm. I guess it's that hermit's lucky day. I gave him one or two of these at the entrance of the cave with the Goddess's shrine.

Anyway, I'll cash in five of these for gold, two for silver, and, uh, what's below silver?"

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: July 10, 2016, 10:17:51 pm »

"Reds. Obviously. Tenth of a Silver."

Sosoku234

• Bay Watcher
  • Shiny and chrome!
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: July 10, 2016, 10:37:41 pm »

"Alrighty then. And one of reds."

Give him seven of the neo-adamantium coins.
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24