Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 22

Author Topic: Lets have us an alien war: XCom2 modded  (Read 89530 times)

Rince Wind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Lets have us an alien war: XCom2 modded. M7 happens, Cypher hacks a MEC.
« Reply #150 on: April 21, 2016, 09:57:08 am »

If I can get a nickname, make it "Funky". Or "PunkNotDead". :)

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
Re: Lets have us an alien war: XCom2 modded. M8: A Kaos Storm of destruction
« Reply #151 on: April 21, 2016, 11:24:45 am »

We get a rumor for intel, excellent. 11 hours later the proving grounds is complete, and we'll have a skulljack in 7 days or so. The engineer in charge of the construction is put in charge of the production. The workshop is also begun construction in second row mid, with the new engineer getting it done in 10 days. Two days later the rest of second row has been excavated (gaining us 100 more supplies or so), a resistance comms is started construction in second row left (and should complete around the same time as the workshop), and we go to pick up that rumored intel. The fourth engineer is sent to start shielding the other power coil so that we eventually have a spot to put something high-power for free.

20 hours later we have mag weapons! Gauss is next, for mag snipers and mag cannons. I pick up the shard gun and the mag pistol, and plan to get mag rifles from some black market supply looting soonafter picking up that intel.

Sadly, we're 44 hours away from the skulljack. I don't think it'll wait that long for us, so instead we'll pick up a scientist, and I'll go to the black market early. 110 supplies purchased, plus 125 from selling 5 lockboxes later, and we now have mag rifles and arc blades (but not mainhand arc blades, because of the problem mentioned in the previous-previous post. I adjusted the normal-sword damage to work like in the workaround however.)
As for promtions, Athing gets Covering fire, Furtukan gets Schism, Kaladin gets Bladestorm, Sirus gets holo-targeting, and Drake gets Combat protocol.
For new weapon mods, Athing and Cypher get repeaters, Storm, Kaladin, Snow, and Kaos' pistol get laser sights (we had a lot of laser sights), Kaos' and Ann's pistols also get hair triggers. Pies and Drake get an auto-loader each.

Spoiler: Squad Loadout (click to show/hide)

Off we go. Ann climbs up and spots two turrets, which pretty clearly are going to be in our way.

Jopax spots some not too threatening enemies, tbh. I don't get any camera swerving towards the objective, so I'd assume nothing shot at it yet. As it turns out, Caroline finds a way around that doesn't involve running through the turrets, so I get people moving in that direction. The snipers stay on their roof. The objective gets damaged the next alien turn though, so they've clearly found it and we're heading the right way.

Not the enemies that shot it, but still up to no good. The hack turns out to have Distraction as an option, which would be very nice.

These guys are in about the right position. I have Caroline backup into better cover and bring up the Big flockin bird. The objective got banged up a little more, but now I've got a decent position. The enemy is mostly advent breakers, heavies, and vipers.

Rince Storm, obliterator of xenos! He got at least 4 kills out of one grenade, he is awesome. Unsurprisingly, Vipers are immune to poison.

Vipers are not immune to sniper bullets, however. Kaos gets himself a promotion from that shot.

Not to be outdone, Ann also snipes the first advent she sees.

The resulting situation. I move some people around, and then see if Cypher can pull of getting us Distraction so I have some real ap to work with.

Damn. Well, the enemy turn is full of overwatches.
Ann pulls off an impressively not-missing deadeye, smashing one of the turrets for 4 damage despite the thick armor...and then Jopax misses a 94% shot to finish it off. Bah.

Kaos, I'm not gonna say this is a bad thing, because its pretty awesome. But 88% crit chance is an obscene amount for an xcom shot!

He then crits it for exactly the damage needed to kill a viper in one shot, because he wanted to show off. Pies fries one of the turrets next (Kaos had shot it with lightning hands, but didn't do all that much to it)

Kaladin, showing off how good she is with the new shard guns. Furtukan picks up a whole bunch of loot from two drops: Advent lockbox x2, triage protocol, auto-loader, expanded magazine, liquid explosives, elerium core, adv. expanded mag, alien data cache.

Stun lancers, you will not get very far running into overwatches instead of just staying back and shooting.

This one is smarter, sadly.

Turret is of jerk!

Urist heals Ann, and Pies heals herself, while Jopax, whose been hanging back to support the snipers, gets a kill (and find loot on) the smarter lancer, but Furtukan (after grenading the turret) picks it up via the power of unexplained psi powers! :P And this loot has a scrollbar: Advent lockbox, hair trigger, adv. scope, adv. HEAT munitions, advent datapad, repeater, serrated edge. Our mec goes and picks up the loot in the gas (elerium core 2x, advent lockbox), but there is reinforcements incoming from behind us!

...Well, there was. Now its just two stun lancers. Overwatch kills go to the snipers and Storm. Storm then crits for 12, entirely overkilling a stun lancer, and Athing...doesn't crit. Which is odd, for Athing, but it kills the stun lancer anyway.

Spoiler: Mission End/Awards (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Loot (click to show/hide)

Promotions: Maj. Storm, Maj. Caroline, Cpt. Pies, Cpt. Jopax, Lt. Kaos.
Injuries (after pulling an engineer into the AWC): Lightly wounded, the both of you. 3 days.

I've been wanting to say 'And then we fought something more difficult!', but we keep not doing so. Good and bad, I suppose.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Rince Wind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: April 21, 2016, 12:04:34 pm »

I have become death, obliterator of xenos!

And I'd like me some rapid fire, please!

Also: Birdy  :-*

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: April 21, 2016, 12:17:14 pm »

That is a crazy amount of loot.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: April 21, 2016, 12:21:15 pm »

That is a crazy amount of loot.
Its honestly a lot more loot than I thought I'd get. I expected I'd end up with a big pile of lockboxes, but also just a whole lot of elerium cores and not many mods, like I'd gotten before I'd tried mod everything/grimy's.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2016, 12:23:13 pm by Aklyon »
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

A Thing

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm here for ya, kid.
    • View Profile
Wasteland 1 & 2
"Power Couple: Markus Athing & Cyborg 45"

Makes me curious, can cyborgs have future babies too?
On the offchance they can, I know who I want my daddy to be
(finished)Age of Decadence

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: April 21, 2016, 02:05:08 pm »

Merry murdertimes continue it seems. What choices do I have as far as skills go?
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: April 21, 2016, 02:22:46 pm »

I'll make a list of relationship scores the next time i have the game open.

Also that is a pretty great list, A Thing. I'll put that in the OP later.
@Jopax, you're a grenadier, so the same link I gave to Sirus applies. You've got between Volatile Mix and Chain Shot.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: April 21, 2016, 03:26:22 pm »

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

How could I lose "most high"?!?!?!?!?!!!

Hehe, "Heaving Tongue"...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Darkening Kaos

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Gibbering Idiot +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: April 21, 2016, 08:41:39 pm »

Finally found my groove, and those crits can keep coming, they're so tasty.

@RAM - yeah Heaving Tongue and a few of snehks, it's completely wrong.

Let's see, this promotion is Death From Above, seeing as I am the Most High.
     Next promotion, damn, hard choice - I like both, but I'll take Face Off this time.
So! Failed to make peace, war looms, kill the infidels... what are our plans for the weekend?
The Giant Moles in the caverns of my current fort breed like crazy, even while regularly being decimated by other beasts entering them...

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: April 21, 2016, 08:48:42 pm »

4/20 smoke ayys every day
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

A Thing

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm here for ya, kid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: April 21, 2016, 08:55:27 pm »

Operation Heaving Tongue could be worse, it could be Operation Twisted Scepter.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2016, 09:15:51 pm by A Thing »
Wasteland 1 & 2

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: April 21, 2016, 09:14:02 pm »

Operation Heaving Tongue could be worse, it could be Operation Broken Scepter.
Well, we have Op Twisted Scepter, Op Heaving Tongue, and Op Severed Paramour so far. Someone on the bridge sounds like they are having distracting problems.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

A Thing

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm here for ya, kid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: April 21, 2016, 09:16:51 pm »

Well, we have Op Twisted Scepter, Op Heaving Tongue, and Op Severed Paramour so far. Someone on the bridge sounds like they are having distracting problems.

Wait, it was Twisted Scepter? That is even more disconcerting, probably explains why my mind went to what it did when I read that.
Wasteland 1 & 2

Darkening Kaos

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Gibbering Idiot +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: April 21, 2016, 09:46:31 pm »

@Akylon.
     How many mod slots on the primary weapons?  I'd like to claim the adv. expanded mag if possible, but willing to wait for gauss if need be.
So! Failed to make peace, war looms, kill the infidels... what are our plans for the weekend?
The Giant Moles in the caverns of my current fort breed like crazy, even while regularly being decimated by other beasts entering them...
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 22