Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 22

Author Topic: Lets have us an alien war: XCom2 modded  (Read 89516 times)

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
Re: Lets have us an alien war: XCom2 modded. M8: A Kaos Storm of destruction
« Reply #165 on: April 21, 2016, 09:56:23 pm »

Operation Heaving Tongue could be worse, it could be Operation Broken Scepter.
Well, we have Op Twisted Scepter, Op Heaving Tongue, and Op Severed Paramour so far. Someone on the bridge sounds like they are having distracting problems.
Clearly they need to be added to the field roster so that they can find a bondmate and deal with their issues ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
It's FEF, not FEOF

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: April 21, 2016, 11:28:09 pm »

@Akylon.
     How many mod slots on the primary weapons?  I'd like to claim the adv. expanded mag if possible, but willing to wait for gauss if need be.
1 on guns, 2 on mag weapons. Advanced Modular weapons is fairly expensive right now, so we won't have the extra slots for a bit.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: April 22, 2016, 12:23:32 am »

I guess I should get a nice scope at some point. Make that Deadeye shot somewhat useful.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: April 22, 2016, 04:19:31 am »

Hmmm, Chain shot is pretty damn dakka focused, but goddamn if bigger explosions aren't just as awesome :C

I'll stay true to my name though, more bullets! Go for chainshot, it'll be decent at taking out whatever is left uncritted I guess. Plus if sectopods ever become an issue this and bluescreen rounds work wonders at whittling them down quickly.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: April 22, 2016, 11:24:18 am »

I have become death, obliterator of xenos!

And I'd like me some rapid fire, please!

Also: Birdy  :-*

*Brofists

Erry birdie likes the Big Flockin Bird. The Big Flockinn Bird likes everyone. It's a magical relationship.
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
Re: Lets have us an alien war: XCom2 modded. M9: Heavy Agony of Terror
« Reply #170 on: April 23, 2016, 11:23:53 am »

Big Flocking Bird has a 37 relationship score with mostly everyone. Snow and drake are the only two significantly far away from that number.
Caroline has 40s-70s with the squad, but an 80 with Rince Storm and an 87 with Kaladin. This is not high enough though.
In a close second is Athing/Kaladin at 77.
In thirdish is the Urist/Storm pair, at 70.

Promotions: Fortress for Caroline, Rapid fire for Storm, Chain Shot for Jopax, Covering Fire for Pies, DFA for Kaos. Storm gets the Adv. Agility PCS, Pies gets the Speed PCS. Caroline is given the Serrated Edge, Storm is given the Adv. HEAT munitions

Supplies rumor! Good for after we finish the intel rumor.

Sometime later, we have obtained the skulljack. Progress! Also you two have healed, and we lack supplies for skullmining upgrade, so I put both engineers on power coil shielding. We also have gauss weapons. Still lack supplies, but the advent turret breakdown is now instant, so hey, free research. The Defense Matrix is now available to build. Next up: Elerium research, since its slightly quicker than psionics.

As much as I'd like to upgrade the rest of our weapons, I'd rather hold onto as many lockboxes as we can. It'll give us more chances for interesting loot once we get the african continent bonus. Fitting in with their nickname and combat hacking, Pies picks up the skulljack.

Spoiler: Squad Loadout (click to show/hide)

We're going to get ambushed by evil meanies, aren't we. Look at all those easily reached civs!

You are neither evil nor meanies, you're just a bunch of cannon fodder. However, that officer technically is our target...tempting. A codex in a terror mission could be almost as bad a a gatekeeper though...

...ah. Enter the muton! And its team of armed distractions. Caroline picks off one of the strikers with soulfire. I miiiight have been a little too eager to collect us some civvies. Jopax moves up a bit and blows up the gas tank one of the advent are hiding behind, killing it from the explosion and grenade and injuring another advent. Big Bird moves up and misses a different advent.
Furtukan gets off an incredibly helpful insanity, doing 5 damage, rupturing the muton, and disorienting it. Its still got 4 health and 2 armor though. Kaos misses his 55% chance lightning hands shot, but after getting into cover, does pull off his normal pistol shot, cleaning up the stun lancer Jopax had left injured.

Great shot, Cypher.
So, we're now down to 5 people of actions. Athing moves up and overwatches, I send Kaladin to get that last civilian that isn't too close to the enemies (he'll survive, we can heal them up later), and that leaves Sirus, Storm, and Pies left with actions. Pies is clear to go on the skulljack, but before we do that, it'd help if I setup the others in cover.

A bit awkward animation-wise, but success is success. Bring it on, Codex!

...I was not expecting it would have support. Also, that officer dropped loot: Advent Lockbox x2, expanded mag, hair trigger.

Rince Storm with the long range shard gun overwatch kill. And we did indeed get (not-really)-ambushed by evil meanies: A faceless showed up.

Caroline has better cover than Kaladin, but is still rather far up front. She also got a bladestorm swipe in on the faceless.

Kaladin, I did not expect you to get crit twice! I hope you've still got some luck left, we ain't in a great position here!

Our most sucky of current positions. Maybe I was a little too confident with the earlier descriptions.
So, first things first: Caroline takes out the faceless and then moves to new cover and slices up an advent. Furtukan takes out the muton with soulfire, so we have one less priority target. By the power of shenanigans, Pies picks up the loot instead, and finds our first Alien lockbox (along with a couple of advent lockboxes, adv. repeater, adv. expanded mag, and an elerium core). Our tanky, bright yellow MEC tanks an overwatch shot for 1 damage and micromissiles the codex for 3+2 fall damage, leaving us with a 3 health codex and a 4 health codex. This also scatters the civilians a bit, letting Athing save one as he gets out of the psi blast area and grenades the closer codex. Sirus also gets out of the purple, reloads, and takes a shot at an advent. Kaos gets out of the purple and reloads.

Thank you, Sirus of the autoloader! Pies takes out a trooper right around the corner from them.

Damnit, Kaladin! If I knew you were going to crit for 12 I would've started with you! That would've one shot the first codex. :-\

Owch. But on our turn, Athing gets into new cover and saves our fifth civilian before reloading.

Caroline saves our last necessary civilian, but also runs into trouble of the muton kind.

Oh god, Caroline, what did you do? I was just hoping to hit it with on of insanity's effects, not bring it closer to you! Buuuut, it did give us one less advent to deal with, I guess.

Boom, advent headshot. Storm gets a kill with his gas grenade too, hopefully the muton runs into the bad gas. Urist heals Kaladin again, who is now back up to 10hp, and Athing, who is fully healed. Pies pings one of the remaining advent on a miss.

Damnit Athing, stop getting flanked. You're supposed to give the crits, not take them! Pies and their time-consuming non-gremlin heal does not quite heal him all the way up, and Urist's last heal goes to almost finishing healing Kaladin back up.

Rince Storm, that...that is not how you rapid fire. Like, at all. I used rapid fire so you could have more chances to get through the armor, not so you could somehow crit on the first shot, at 16% chance to bloody hit!

Caroline picks up the loot after I've gotten over that, since they were literally on the other side of the door: Elerium core, Adv. stock, Adv. expanded mag, Adv. corrosive shrapnel, advent lockbox.

Even Athing's voice clip is disappointed at this (good, but) less impressive shot, compared to Storm's...thing. Theres at least one more advent on the map. Caroline heals herself and heads downstairs, immune to the gas cloud and spotting the stun lancer.

Big Bird storms in and gives them what for, but it turns out we've still got a faceless to deal with here. Also, promotion for big bird! On the enemy turn the faceless charges in, gets hurt by Sirus on overwatch, and then cut down by Bladestorm Caroline.

Spoiler: Mission END/Awards (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Loot! (click to show/hide)

Promotions get: Cpt. Big Bird (gave them Ever Vigilant so we can also use them to scout, we don't need another suppressor), Maj. Cypher, Maj. Furtukan (AWC ability: Run & Gun!)
Injuries (w/awc heal boost): Big Bird is a big bot who don't need no repairs, he did them in battle! (plus, it was only 1 hp really) Caroline and Athing, lightly wounded. 44/40 hours. Kaladin, gravely wounded. 9 days.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: April 23, 2016, 11:32:01 am »

Damn, that was a lot of crits all around. And yet you still didn't lose anyone! What's your secret?!
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: April 23, 2016, 11:44:52 am »

Damn, that was a lot of crits all around. And yet you still didn't lose anyone! What's your secret?!
Probably the psiblades right now. Mutons are not the most resistant to insanity, you can get a decent ~60% chance to afflict them with something right now.
Plus, the codex actually teleported towards us instead of heading off to psi bomb a lot of civilians, which is not fun.
goddamn gatekeeper on a terror mission killing half the maps civs in one turn and then making them all psi zombies grumblegrumblecomplaingrumble...
« Last Edit: April 23, 2016, 11:50:35 am by Aklyon »
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

A Thing

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm here for ya, kid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: April 23, 2016, 12:23:34 pm »

Damnit Athing, stop getting flanked. You're supposed to give the crits, not take them!

Athing has to eat criticals to be able to critical, he's some sort of crit-vampire.
Wasteland 1 & 2
"Power Couple: Markus Athing & Cyborg 45"

Makes me curious, can cyborgs have future babies too?
On the offchance they can, I know who I want my daddy to be
(finished)Age of Decadence

Rince Wind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: April 23, 2016, 01:50:04 pm »

Rince Storm, that...that is not how you rapid fire. Like, at all. I used rapid fire so you could have more chances to get through the armor, not so you could somehow crit on the first shot, at 16% chance to bloody hit!

Sorry Commander, will not happen again, Commander.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: April 23, 2016, 01:57:18 pm »

Sorry Commander, will not happen again, Commander.
If it happens again I'll be just as surprised. Still not a bad thing! (as long as the surprise isn't you dieing)
« Last Edit: April 23, 2016, 02:02:36 pm by Aklyon »
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: April 23, 2016, 06:00:54 pm »

adv. repeater, adv. expanded mag
bOTH OF THESE IN THE SAME BOX, WITH GAUSS JUST AROUND THE CORNER? And capslock on? While perilously close to killzone? Fatman wants a new gun!
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: April 23, 2016, 07:37:06 pm »

And this is why I went for the two good medical perks. All those crits.

What does the corrosive shrapnel do anyway? I'm assuming it's a grenade launcher mod.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: April 23, 2016, 08:55:36 pm »

Like usual for the mod everything mods, I put the description in the loot spoiler. Its grenade armor shred, as opposed to grenade armor pierce that HEAT munitions has.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: April 23, 2016, 09:14:25 pm »

Oh yeah, I was looking under the image, That'd do it.

PS: I'll take Ever Vigilant.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 22