Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 135

Author Topic: Ye Gods 3 IC: Tick 18.5: Bounces  (Read 175325 times)

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Gods 3 IC: Tick 1.5: The Something Now [21/30]
« Reply #705 on: May 01, 2016, 07:55:47 pm »

Proposal: Every Mortal Population unit represents 100 individuals. An example: A God creates 1,000 Population units of a species, under this proposal it would be understood to actually be 100,000 of a species, give or take a few. The number is reasonable as there aren't too many at first but after a few Ticks(or many, depending on the species), the Population can grow to a respectable amount. The lower book-keeping number could be what we base our Worship system and Population records off of, whereas the actual Population number is understood to be 100 times greater. Equation: Godly Population Unit Amount(100)= Full Mortal Population of a Species. Perhaps decimals could be used later, but this should be more than satisfactory.

Oppose.

"N0...reason...for...so...many...as...opposed...to...so...few..."

"Tut tut. All this chaos and fighting. Are world is truly doomed if these usawful and corrupt morals continue to disease the mortals."

At that moment Sliva came to notice the chaos happening on the planet.

"This will not do at all!"

Sliva shall use 5 essence to begin mortalproofing the worlds, covering up pointy bits, destroying dangerous animals and placing danger signs everywhere.

((There are currently no mortals :P. Or particularly dangerous animals.))

This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #706 on: May 01, 2016, 07:56:20 pm »

Proposal: Creating 1000 of a non-mundane creature costs 2E base, with one trait considered as part of the base cost (e.g. unusual size), being as said traits are why the creature is considered non-mundane in the first place.

Amendment: 1,000 non-mundane creatures have a base cost of 1E. The creatures are non-mundane because they can have traits added.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Ardent Debater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #707 on: May 01, 2016, 07:57:34 pm »

Isgon creates huge falcons that feed on vicous animals that kill defenseless animals.

"I imagine that this would wreak havoc on the ecosystem."

Urnoth creates Nocturnal Predatory Birds, nothing large or magical, just Owls and maybe a few other Nocturnal mundane Bird Species. The Birds will gladly consume unguarded Huge Falcon Eggs if given the opportunity.

"If you feel you are entitled to an explanation, Urnoth, I feel we are entitled to hold our counsel."

"Alright, state your piece with an open mind, I'll know if you're hiding anything. I am the literal God of Secrets, after all."

Proposal: Every Mortal Population unit represents 100 individuals. An example: A God creates 1,000 Population units of a species, under this proposal it would be understood to actually be 100,000 of a species, give or take a few. The number is reasonable as there aren't too many at first but after a few Ticks(or many, depending on the species), the Population can grow to a respectable amount. The lower book-keeping number could be what we base our Worship system and Population records off of, whereas the actual Population number is understood to be 100 times greater. Equation: Godly Population Unit Amount(100)= Full Mortal Population of a Species. Perhaps decimals could be used later, but this should be more than satisfactory.

Oppose.

"N0...reason...for...so...many...as...opposed...to...so...few..."

"Tut tut. All this chaos and fighting. Are world is truly doomed if these usawful and corrupt morals continue to disease the mortals."

At that moment Sliva came to notice the chaos happening on the planet.

"This will not do at all!"

Sliva shall use 5 essence to begin mortalproofing the worlds, covering up pointy bits, destroying dangerous animals and placing danger signs everywhere.

((There are currently no mortals :P. Or particularly dangerous animals.))

"We could alter my Proposal to only represent 50 per Population unit, thereby halving the time."

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #708 on: May 01, 2016, 07:58:08 pm »

Proposal: Creating 1000 of a non-mundane creature costs 2E base, with one trait considered as part of the base cost (e.g. unusual size), being as said traits are why the creature is considered non-mundane in the first place.

Amendment: 1,000 non-mundane creatures have a base cost of 1E. The creatures are non-mundane because they can have traits added.
Support
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #709 on: May 01, 2016, 07:59:47 pm »

"We could alter my Proposal to only represent 50 per Population unit, thereby halving the time."

"Munr03...simply...doesn't...see...th3...purp0se...of...filling...the...pl4nets....with...bodies...."

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #710 on: May 01, 2016, 08:00:01 pm »

"I'm not sure why I would be keeping secrets at this early stage, Urnoth, but your proposal is entirely cosmetic. It will change nothing and is thus pointless."
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #711 on: May 01, 2016, 08:02:04 pm »

Trait proposal:

[Magic Ability (*1.5)]. The ability of a creature or race to harness any and all schools of magic. Scales *2 per rank.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #712 on: May 01, 2016, 08:04:45 pm »

Urnoth creates Nocturnal Predatory Birds, nothing large or magical, just Owls and maybe a few other Nocturnal mundane Bird Species. The Birds will gladly consume unguarded Huge Falcon Eggs if given the opportunity.
Charon simply laughed.

Charon creates Rainbow Iguanas, arboreal lizards with long tongues that feed mainly on Nocturnal Predatory Birds.
Charon creates Sun Jellies, hairy water-filled organisms that spend their whole lives afloat in the sky. Using their long tentacles, they grab arboreal organisms for consumption.
Charon create Sky Algae, microscopic plantae-microbes that slowly feed on Sun Jellies, eventually killing them.

Trait proposal:

[Magic Ability (*1.5)]. The ability of a creature or race to harness any and all schools of magic. Scales *2 per rank.
SUPPORT
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Ardent Debater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #713 on: May 01, 2016, 08:09:46 pm »

"Munr03...simply...doesn't...see...th3...purp0se...of...filling...the...pl4nets....with...bodies...."

"How are Global Conflicts to be fought and Civilizations to be forged if there are so few Mortals? The Worlds would be uninteresting. You of all Divines should know this, Munroe."

"I'm not sure why I would be keeping secrets at this early stage, Urnoth, but your proposal is entirely cosmetic. It will change nothing and is thus pointless."

"A bit of Paranoia never hurt anyone Saukko. My suggestion is not entirely cosmetic, if only a few thousand Mortals exist a sizable natural disaster could render them all extinct at little to no Essence cost, and without a large Mortal Population, our Afterlife Dimensions would be rather lonely."

Charon simply laughed.

Charon creates Rainbow Iguanas, arboreal lizards with long tongues that feed mainly on Nocturnal Predatory Birds.
Charon creates Sun Jellies, hairy water-filled organisms that spend their whole lives afloat in the sky. Using their long tentacles, they grab arboreal organisms for consumption.
Charon create Sky Algae, microscopic plantae-microbes that slowly feed on Sun Jellies, eventually killing them.

"Touche, Charon, Touche."

Urnoth creates multitudes of predatory microscopic organisms to keep the Sky Algae in check.
Urnoth creates multitudes of specialized Viruses to keep the Microscopic Predators in check. Evolution should keep the Sky Viruses in check.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2016, 08:11:32 pm by Ardent Debater »

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #714 on: May 01, 2016, 08:25:39 pm »

"How are Global Conflicts to be fought and Civilizations to be forged if there are so few Mortals? The Worlds would be uninteresting. You of all Divines should know this, Munroe."

"W1ith...time........Your...suggestion...als0...makes...it...more...difficult...t0...wipe...out...species...in...a...single...strike....this...displeases....Munr03....."

"A bit of Paranoia never hurt anyone Saukko. My suggestion is not entirely cosmetic, if only a few thousand Mortals exist a sizable natural disaster could render them all extinct at little to no Essence cost, and without a large Mortal Population, our Afterlife Dimensions would be rather lonely."

"As...y0u...point3d...out...yourself..."

Ardent Debater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #715 on: May 01, 2016, 08:42:02 pm »

"W1ith...time........Your...suggestion...als0...makes...it...more...difficult...t0...wipe...out...species...in...a...single...strike....this...displeases....Munr03....."

"Ah yes, but the added difficulty increases the scale of conflict. With only a few thousand Mortals, a handful of rudimentary explosives would end all conflict quickly. With millions of Mortals, the amount of Explosives and conflict required to exterminate a Species increases exponentially, and a God such as yourself would benefit tremendously from such carnage."

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #716 on: May 01, 2016, 08:45:00 pm »

"Ah yes, but the added difficulty increases the scale of conflict. With only a few thousand Mortals, a handful of rudimentary explosives would end all conflict quickly. With millions of Mortals, the amount of Explosives and conflict required to exterminate a Species increases exponentially, and a God such as yourself would benefit tremendously from such carnage."

"Not if your proposal suggested that we consider that for all divine intents and purposes the mortals are 1/100th of their number. Which it does."

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #717 on: May 01, 2016, 08:49:18 pm »

"The...effect...would...remain...the...sam3...in...the...end.........There...w0uld...be...n0....benif1t.....from...the...incre4s3d...numb3rs...that...Munr03...could....see..."

Ardent Debater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #718 on: May 01, 2016, 08:50:09 pm »

"Not if your proposal suggested that we consider that for all divine intents and purposes the mortals are 1/100th of their number. Which it does."

"What? No. What I meant was that the Mortal Population Units of Measurement could be multiplied by 100 to find the actual Population, not that the Actual Population is 1/100th of it's number. My proposal will aid the Supreme Entity with Book-Keeping, and add to the content of our Worlds."

"The...effect...would...remain...the...sam3...in...the...end.........There...w0uld...be...n0....benif1t.....from...the...incre4s3d...numb3rs...that...Munr03...could....see..."

"Is there a downside? If not, why oppose the Proposal?"

JayceReinhardt

• Bay Watcher
  • Why is a raven like a writing desk?
    • View Profile
« Reply #719 on: May 01, 2016, 08:51:41 pm »

After a time, Dia makes the fish poof away again and stands up. She watched the planning going on and then speaks with her rainbow words.

Proposal - Opposing a proposal will now require a substitution proposal, an alternate plan, or somehow making the opposed proposal work better.

After this declaration, she sits back down as if she had not said anything and plays with some void stuff, stretching it out like taffy as if she isn't sure what to make with it.
Do not meddle in the affair of Dragons. . . . for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 135