Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 135

Author Topic: Ye Gods 3 IC: Tick 18.5: Bounces  (Read 176659 times)

tntey

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes Fishbone for its ska
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Gods 3 IC: Tick 1.5: The Something Now [21/30]
« Reply #720 on: May 01, 2016, 08:52:19 pm »

After a time, Dia makes the fish poof away again and stands up. She watched the planning going on and then speaks with her rainbow words.

Proposal - Opposing a proposal will now require a substitution proposal, an alternate plan, or somehow making the opposed proposal work better.

After this declaration, she sits back down as if she had not said anything and plays with some void stuff, stretching it out like taffy as if she isn't sure what to make with it.

Oppose

Speaking of lowest intelligence, that reminds me of the fact that it's probably your first time in prison. Don't worry, I can give you some tips, having spent some time in a few myself. The best way to make friends here is to drop the soap during shower time. Try it, I'm sure you'll love making friends like that!

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #721 on: May 01, 2016, 08:55:37 pm »

After a time, Dia makes the fish poof away again and stands up. She watched the planning going on and then speaks with her rainbow words.

Proposal - Opposing a proposal will now require a substitution proposal, an alternate plan, or somehow making the opposed proposal work better.

After this declaration, she sits back down as if she had not said anything and plays with some void stuff, stretching it out like taffy as if she isn't sure what to make with it.
Charon laughed.

OPPOSE

Counterproposal: A proposal will not require a proposal to be proposed for the sake of creating a counterpropsoal that will act as another proposal that may be a nominally better proposal, a worse proposal or a better proposal than the proposal the counterproposal was proposed for. Instead all proposed proposals may be opposed in the normal manner of SUPPORT/OPPOSE.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #722 on: May 01, 2016, 08:56:28 pm »

Oppose.

"While I vastly prefer some explanation as to why a proposal is opposed, requiring a counter-proposal is not always necessary.

And Charon demonstrates why this idea would not work in practice."
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #723 on: May 01, 2016, 08:57:38 pm »

"Is there a downside? If not, why oppose the Proposal?"

"Murn03...already...stated....a...downside....hav3...you...already...b33n...deafened???....
....In...addition...to...the...difficulty...of...bringing....j0y...to...so...many....
....Murn03...dislikes...pointless...things.....
....h3...s33s...no...reason...for...so...many...
...Why...does...on3...like...yourself....desire...this...s0...much???..."

Oppose.

"Th3re...are...only...tw0...options....to...support...or...oppose....
having....to...sugg3st...an...alternative...will...only...creat3...pointless...throwaway...proposals....
...clearly...only...there...so...0n3....may...0ppose...prop3rly.....
....0pposing....is....a...vital....p4rt...of....this...counc1l....
....Why....limit...it...so?"
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #724 on: May 01, 2016, 09:02:22 pm »

Xenia stifles a giggle.

Ardent Debater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #725 on: May 01, 2016, 09:32:52 pm »

"Murn03...already...stated....a...downside....hav3...you...already...b33n...deafened???....
....In...addition...to...the...difficulty...of...bringing....j0y...to...so...many....

"I don't know about you, my friend, but I would much prefer several hundred thousand followers to several dozen followers. We're Gods, limiting the scale in such a way is paltry and would hinder us all. You claim that the increased difficulty of exterminating a Species is a downside, I believe that it should be difficult to exterminate an entire Species with little to no effort!"

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #726 on: May 01, 2016, 09:35:16 pm »

"I think some among us prefer quality over quantity."
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Ardent Debater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #727 on: May 01, 2016, 09:38:19 pm »

"I think some among us prefer quality over quantity."

"My proposal changes nothing but the scale of things. Quality and Quantity aren't effected at all."

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #728 on: May 01, 2016, 09:41:58 pm »

"I don't know about you, my friend, but I would much prefer several hundred thousand followers to several dozen followers. We're Gods, limiting the scale in such a way is paltry and would hinder us all. You claim that the increased difficulty of exterminating a Species is a downside, I believe that it should be difficult to exterminate an entire Species with little to no effort!"

"Munr03...would...prefer....0n3...quality...fri3nd....to....a...bill10n....fair-weather......
....W0uld...you...r4th3r....know....a...thousand...pointless...secr3ts...or...on3...juicy...0n3???
....It...isn't....l1miting...scale.......the....sc4le....w1ll...arrive.....at...what...you...desir3...in...time
...it...is...simply...putting....that...time...back......
...You...have...yet...to...expla1n...why...having...mortals...crawling...over...the...pl4n3t...
....l1k3...4nts...on...an...4nthill....is...a...g00d...thing.....
...it...s33ms....lik3...a...petty...and...p0intly...posit10n...t0o...Munr03...."

Munroe then pets the exploding kitten. Somehow.

Ardent Debater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #729 on: May 01, 2016, 09:56:30 pm »

"Munr03...would...prefer....0n3...quality...fri3nd....to....a...bill10n....fair-weather......
....W0uld...you...r4th3r....know....a...thousand...pointless...secr3ts...or...on3...juicy...0n3???
....It...isn't....l1miting...scale.......the....sc4le....w1ll...arrive.....at...what...you...desir3...in...time
...it...is...simply...putting....that...time...back......
...You...have...yet...to...expla1n...why...having...mortals...crawling...over...the...pl4n3t...
....l1k3...4nts...on...an...4nthill....is...a...g00d...thing.....
...it...s33ms....lik3...a...petty...and...p0intly...posit10n...t0o...Munr03...."

Munroe then pets the exploding kitten. Somehow.

"I do like juicy secrets... Hmm, I hadn't thought of how my suggestion would impact Mortal Faith, but then again, we are Gods. Let's say the worship of five hundred Mortals gives you 5 Essence after One Tick, that 5 Essence could then be used to explode an entire continent. Are you implying that five hundred Mortals had the latent ability to explode an entire continent through their collective willpower? As opposed to five hundred thousand Mortal Worshipers accomplishing the same amount of Essence gain, which I believe is far more reasonable. It has nothing to do with a Mortal's Faith. It only means that an individual's worship is worth less. By the time that the Worlds were crawling with Mortals, as you put it, the Essence income from our current system would be incalculable. Whereas my Proposal allows for the same as is current, just on a larger scale. Are you going to tell me that 500 Mortals can Fuel the actions of a God creating or destroying an entire continent?"

Upon noticing the Exploding Kitten Urnoth summons forth a hand of Pure Darkness that drifts over to the Kitten, stroking it softly. Urnoth then speaks to the Kitten.

"I just love small animals, Kitty Kitty. Who's a cute little non-euclidean Exploding Being? You are, yes you are!"

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #730 on: May 01, 2016, 09:57:16 pm »

[Sollia, The Sundancer | Goddess of Fire and Passion]

With the sun's creation, the flame burns brighter and brighter, until a woman saunters out from the center of the nuclear inferno, bright as day and as blazing hot as her namesake.  She wears a ballgown of brilliant red, gold, and white flame, while her eyes are a shimmering, steady blue, set apart from the waving, flickering fire that forms the rest of her.

"Am I late? Oh, my, I am so sorry to miss all this bickering. I could hear it, but it's just so much nicer when you have a place to call home, don't you think?"
She reclines, metaphorically or metaphysically, it's not quite clear which, into the center of the star the gods had made, as if it were a sofa.  Fanning herself with a sheet of yet more fire, she smiles at the assorted gods, goddesses, and creatures of the Void.
"I believe I need to catch up on what I missed, it'll be just a second..."

Spoiler: Voting (click to show/hide)

Sollia stretches her arms above her head, rolling her neck, before her attention returns to the ongoing discussions. "Much better. Now then, darlings, what first...oh, I know just the thing!" The goddess stands, and begins to dance, slowly at first, out of the sun. With every shake of her hips, flick of her wrist, and quickstep she takes, the first solar flares burst forth, settling into almost something of a rhythm, however slow it might be to the mortal eye, once she makes her way out. In one hand is held a glowing ball of concentrated flame and heat. She steps towards the smaller of the planets, and blows the flame like a kiss into the heart of the world, where it begins to thrum and churn, melting the rock deep in it's core.

The Sundancer steps back, gathers up a conveniently timed flare of heat from her sun, rolls it in her hands, and tosses towards the supergiant, where it impacts, almost like dust, exploding outwards with fire and gas riven from the gas giant's prodigious atomsphere. The backlash scars the moons, and the depth of the blow burns down to the giant's core, superheating it's center near to glowing, providing light and heat for life nearest those smothering depths. Upon the satellites that orbit the giant, channels of lava and fire forming deep underneath the surface, the entrance points marked by gouges, though their cores are not nearly the heat of the planets they are subject to, either terrestrial or ethereal. Upon all the worlds touched by her power, volcanoes rise like freckles or pockmarks, marking where the goddess' power has scored into their their depths.

"Now that was fun, I really must say! But what of the current argument...well, I must say, perhaps a compromise, though of course dearest Munroe isn't much one for compromise, being a god who much prefers a hearty explosion to discussion, I suspect, and while I cannot entirely blame him, perhaps just have each Population represent 1000 mortals, but reduce the scale of creation similarly to compensate, so that four essence results in 10 population units, which in their turn provide a tenth of an essence each from worship? It would result in less bookeeping for our gestalt consciousness to keep the universe running smoothly, I suspect, while still allowing for some excitement in the mortal worlds outside of petty tribal politics, and more importantly, before we have so much power that it will be impossible to keep anyone from simply making everything boring and dull again. I can only melt someone after the fact, unless I wanted to just started incinerating gods willy nilly, and I'm not that hot in the collar!"
« Last Edit: May 01, 2016, 10:42:46 pm by Rolepgeek »
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #731 on: May 01, 2016, 10:08:35 pm »

"I do like juicy secrets... Hmm, I hadn't thought of how my suggestion would impact Mortal Faith, but then again, we are Gods. Let's say the worship of five hundred Mortals gives you 5 Essence after One Tick, that 5 Essence could then be used to explode an entire continent. Are you implying that five hundred Mortals had the latent ability to explode an entire continent through their collective willpower? As opposed to five hundred thousand Mortal Worshipers accomplishing the same amount of Essence gain, which I believe is far more reasonable. It has nothing to do with a Mortal's Faith. It only means that an individual's worship is worth less. By the time that the Worlds were crawling with Mortals, as you put it, the Essence income from our current system would be incalculable. Whereas my Proposal allows for the same as is current, just on a larger scale. Are you going to tell me that 500 Mortals can Fuel the actions of a God creating or destroying an entire continent?"

Upon noticing the Exploding Kitten Urnoth summons forth a hand of Pure Darkness that drifts over to the Kitten, stroking it softly. Urnoth then speaks to the Kitten.

"I just love small animals, Kitty Kitty. Who's a cute little non-euclidean Exploding Being? You are, yes you are!"

"Murn03...is...s1mply...stating...quantity...is...n0t...3nharently....a...sup3rior...thing...
...Y0ur...3nt1r3...argum3nt...is...that...having...more...means...having...b3tter..."

[Sollia, The Sundancer | Goddess of Fire and Passion]

With the sun's creation, the flame burns brighter and brighter, until a woman saunters out from the center of the nuclear inferno, bright as day and as blazing hot as her namesake.  She wears a ballgown of brilliant red, gold, and white flame, while her eyes are a shimmering, steady blue, set apart from the waving, flickering fire that forms the rest of her.

"Am I late? Oh, my, I am so sorry to miss all this bickering. I could hear it, but it's just so much nicer when you have a place to call home, don't you think?"
She reclines, metaphorically or metaphysically, it's not quite clear which, into the center of the star the gods had made, as if it were a sofa.  Fanning herself with a sheet of yet more fire, she smiles at the assorted gods, goddesses, and creatures of the Void.
"I believe I need to catch up on what I missed, it'll be just a second..."

Spoiler: Voting (click to show/hide)

Sollia stretches her arms above her head, rolling her neck, before her attention returns to the ongoing discussions. "Much better. Now then, darlings, what first...oh, I know just the thing!" The goddess stands, and begins to dance, slowly at first, out of the sun. With every shake of her hips, flick of her wrist, and quickstep she takes, the first solar flares burst forth, settling into almost something of a rhythm, however slow it might be to the mortal eye, once she makes her way out. In one hand is held a glowing ball of concentrated flame and heat. She steps towards the smaller of the planets, and blows the flame like a kiss into the heart of the world, where it begins to thrum and churn, melting the rock deep in it's core.

The Sundancer steps back, gathers up a conveniently timed flare of heat from her sun, rolls it in her hands, and tosses it to the supergiant, where it impacts, almost like dust, channels of lava and fire forming deep underneath it's surface, stretching all the way to a small core of molten rock and metal, lesser than the smaller of the two, but flowing like blood through the planets deepest caverns and fissures. Volcanoes rise like freckles across the surface of both worlds, marking where her powers scored into the planets' depths.

"Now that was fun, I really must say! But what of the current argument...well, I must say, perhaps a compromise, though of course dearest Munroe isn't much one for compromise, being a god who much prefers a hearty explosion to discussion, I suspect, and while I cannot entirely blame him, perhaps just have each Population represent 1000 mortals, but reduce the scale of creation similarly to compensate, so that four essence results in 10 population units, which in their turn provide a tenth of an essence each from worship? It would result in less bookeeping for our gestalt consciousness to keep the universe running smoothly, I suspect, while still allowing for some excitement in the mortal worlds outside of petty tribal politics, and more importantly, before we have so much power that it will be impossible to keep anyone from simply making everything boring and dull again. I can only melt someone after the fact, unless I wanted to just started incinerating gods willy nilly, and I'm not that hot in the collar!"

"Munr03...s33s...n0..difference...in...this...n3w...suggest1on..."

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Obscure References and Danmaku everywhere.
    • View Profile
« Reply #732 on: May 01, 2016, 10:11:29 pm »

"Well hello there, its a shame that things aren't moving on due to two gods that are opposing quite literally every proposal set fourth by the others, and i do mean every proposal after creation. Its quite annoying wouldn't you agree? Also i will support your compromise in the hopes it gets us closer to entertainment."
Battleships Hurl insults from behind thick walls, Destroyers beat up small children, Carriers stay back in the kitchen, and Cruisers are a bunch of tryhards who pretend to be loners.

Ama

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm alive!
    • View Profile
« Reply #733 on: May 01, 2016, 10:22:25 pm »

Ascald shall attempt to block this action, and reverse it wherever it has progressed by recreating dangerous animals and reverting the world back to its primal shape.

"And I would expect the others to do this as well.

Mortal-proofing the world? You cannot be serious. Stories worth telling are not created in nurseries."

"Oh deary you simply cant be serious. I will not allow such barbaric conditions to be forced on mortals for your strange warmongering desires."

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #734 on: May 01, 2016, 10:28:16 pm »

"Would you swaddle the world in cloth for eternity and smother any chance or reason for innovation? Struggle begets excellence, and excellence begets great tales. Leave the idyllic paradise for the afterlife. And speaking of. . ."

Propose: Afterlife planes cost no essence, but cannot directly affect the mortal world in any way. However, they require Essence to destroy, starting with two. A deity may contribute Essence to their plane to increase the cost of destroying it by twice the amount contributed.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 135