Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 135

Author Topic: Ye Gods 3 IC: Tick 18.5: Bounces  (Read 175344 times)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Gods 3 IC: Tick 2: Eruption! [20/30]
« Reply #795 on: May 02, 2016, 05:15:51 pm »

"I want to Propose Traits:

Spoiler:  Breathing Traits (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Lifespan Traits (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Speed Traits (click to show/hide)

Saukko

Oppose all

"We don't have an essence Gain system yet, as far as I can tell. Correct me if I am wrong.
Also how about this then?
Spoiler: Speed Traits Update (click to show/hide)
"

Support
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #796 on: May 02, 2016, 05:22:48 pm »

"Hm. I did not intend for mortals to live there."

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #797 on: May 02, 2016, 05:25:27 pm »

Zurion stands up and slowly walks towards Xenia in conceptual Space.
"If you would like help to guide your workers so they work with discipline and the steadyness of a turtle, I could come in and give you a hand. I think I could create a stonemaze as well, with a centerpiece node of discipline... I would like an equal monument to plenty on the lands of gnu in return, as well as the agreement that my missionaries may preach discipline and my magicians may teach the Laws of the Discipline of Ley. I would grant your men the same rights."
As Zurion finally reaches Xenia, he draws out a contract on parchment and a quill and a feather.
"So what do you say?"

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #798 on: May 02, 2016, 05:33:42 pm »

"I will not ask that many live there just some.
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #799 on: May 02, 2016, 05:36:49 pm »

"We don't have an essence Gain system yet, as far as I can tell. Correct me if I am wrong.
"
Support

Propose: Collaboration - Cost: Gods collaborating on a project may split the costs evenly. Sphere discounts will apply to the whole project (though we have no rule for sphere discounts yet.)

Propose: Collaboration - Worship: A race may worship multiple gods. The essence gained from this for each god is multiplied by .8 for each additional god worshiped. Gods may get around this by forming a pantheon, and being considered as a single entity for the purposes of worship.

Propose: Collaboration - Pantheon: Gods may form smaller councils of their own, bound by their own laws, as long as said laws do not conflict with those of the main council (e.g. a law stating a planet costs 1E to create.) The individual characteristics of each pantheon may be decided by the members.

"These ideas are rough and need refinement, so please do suggest alterations to them rather than flat out opposing them."
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Obscure References and Danmaku everywhere.
    • View Profile
« Reply #800 on: May 02, 2016, 05:38:38 pm »

"

Support
"I also have a few suggestions for traits."
Spoiler: wall of ideas. (click to show/hide)
Battleships Hurl insults from behind thick walls, Destroyers beat up small children, Carriers stay back in the kitchen, and Cruisers are a bunch of tryhards who pretend to be loners.

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #801 on: May 02, 2016, 05:45:38 pm »

Zurion stands up and slowly walks towards Xenia in conceptual Space.
"If you would like help to guide your workers so they work with discipline and the steadyness of a turtle, I could come in and give you a hand. I think I could create a stonemaze as well, with a centerpiece node of discipline... I would like an equal monument to plenty on the lands of gnu in return, as well as the agreement that my missionaries may preach discipline and my magicians may teach the Laws of the Discipline of Ley. I would grant your men the same rights."
As Zurion finally reaches Xenia, he draws out a contract on parchment and a quill and a feather.
"So what do you say?"
Xenia giggles.

"I don't expect this to be a job for mortal workers. Though I suppose we could build it on the ground and then raise a it up on a plateau."

"I will not ask that many live there just some.
"That would be acceptable then."
« Last Edit: May 02, 2016, 05:47:23 pm by Vgray »

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #802 on: May 02, 2016, 05:51:31 pm »

Saukko

Oppose all

"Some of these things are too cheap, some are too expensive, some don't follow a sensible pattern of increasing in price."

Edit for clarity
« Last Edit: May 02, 2016, 06:15:58 pm by hector13 »
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

tntey

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes Fishbone for its ska
    • View Profile
« Reply #803 on: May 02, 2016, 05:56:38 pm »

"

Support

oppose
Speaking of lowest intelligence, that reminds me of the fact that it's probably your first time in prison. Don't worry, I can give you some tips, having spent some time in a few myself. The best way to make friends here is to drop the soap during shower time. Try it, I'm sure you'll love making friends like that!

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #804 on: May 02, 2016, 06:00:30 pm »

((We might want to avoid confusing quote nesting when opposing things))
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #805 on: May 02, 2016, 06:57:58 pm »

Lifespan Traits 1.0:
Lifespan-Veryshort: 0.5 Essence 15-30 years
Lifespan-Short: 0.75 Essence 25-50 Years
Lifespan-Medium: 1 Essence 50-100 Years
Lifespan-Long: 1.5 Essence 100-200 Years
Lifespan-Verylong: 2 Essence 200-400 Years
Lifespan Eternal: 4 Essence 400-800 Years
Lifespan-Immortal: 8 Essence No Natural Death by Age
Burns in sunlight 1 1.0 Creature gets sunburn quickly when in contact with the sun.
Burns in sunlight 2 0.80 Creature gets badly injured by sunlight but cant be killed by it.
Burns in sunlight 3 0.70 Creature can die from to much exposure to sunlight.
Rising power 1 1.5 Creature gets slightly more powerful with age or by being next to/consuming a specific thing with a cap.
Rising power 2 2.0 Creature gets slightly more powerful with age or by being next to/consuming a specific thing without a cap.
Rising power 3 3.0 Creature gets moderately more powerful with age or by being next to/consuming a specific thing without a cap.
Rising power 4 5.0 Creature gets immensely more powerful with age or by being next to/consuming a specific thing without cap.
Does not breath 2.0 Creature doesn't need to breath to live.
Addiction 1 0.90 Creature is addicted to a substance and will try to get it over more important things.
Addiction 2 0.80 Creature is addicted to a substance and will try to get it even if it could get them killed.
Addiction 3 0.70 Creature is addicted to a substance and must have it or it will go insane or die.
Armored 1 1.5 Creature has natural armor that can protect them as well as copper armor could.
Armored 2 2.5 Creature has natural armor that can protect them as well as iron armor could.
Armored 3 4.0 Creature has natural armor that can protect them as well as steal armor could
Speed Traits 1.0:
Speed Traits 1.1:
Speed-Veryslow: 0.5 Essence 1/3 In speed compared to other creatures of same size
Speed-Slow: 0.75 1/2 In speed compared to other creatures of same size
Speed-Fast: 2 Twice In speed compared to other creatures of same size
Speed-veryfast: 4 Thrice In speed compared to other creatures of same size
OPPOSE

UNNECESSARY ERRATA.

Amphibious: Can breathe on land and underwater 1.75
Aquatic: Can breathe underwater but not on land 1.0
Propose: Collaboration - Cost: Gods collaborating on a project may split the costs evenly. Sphere discounts will apply to the whole project (though we have no rule for sphere discounts yet.)

Propose: Collaboration - Worship: A race may worship multiple gods. The essence gained from this for each god is multiplied by .8 for each additional god worshiped. Gods may get around this by forming a pantheon, and being considered as a single entity for the purposes of worship.

Propose: Collaboration - Pantheon: Gods may form smaller councils of their own, bound by their own laws, as long as said laws do not conflict with those of the main council (e.g. a law stating a planet costs 1E to create.) The individual characteristics of each pantheon may be decided by the members.
SUPPORT

THOUGHT MUST BE GIVEN TO HE WHO RECORDS WHAT WE IMPORT INTO THIS BUBBLE. I PROPOSE SIMPLIFICATION: GENERICNESS FOR TRAITS AND ALL. LET US USE DEXTERITY FOR SPEED, WHICH IS ALREADY A TRAIT. ALSO, I THOUGHT, OF TRAITS BLAND TO COVER OUR BASES AND GIVE THE SCRIBE A HELPING HAND.

Not Alive [1.5]: A trait that signifies no need for sustenance and a form of immortality that can be maintained through repairs.
Weakness Minor [Stimuli] [0.85]: Signifies moderate weakness to a certain stimuli.
Weakness Major [Stimuli] [0.50]: Signifies extreme weakness to a certain stimuli.
Resistance Minor [Stimuli] [1.5]: Signifies moderate resistance to a certain stimuli.
Resistance Major [Stimuli] [3]: Signifies heavy resistance to a certain stimuli
Power of Friendship/Trust/Determination [50]: The strongest power of all!.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2016, 07:07:51 pm by micelus »
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #806 on: May 02, 2016, 07:11:04 pm »

Saukko

Support

Oppose

"There is nothing to like about this."

Propose: Collaboration - Pantheon: Gods may form smaller councils of their own, bound by their own laws, as long as said laws do not conflict with those of the main council (e.g. a law stating a planet costs 1E to create.) The individual characteristics of each pantheon may be decided by the members.[/b]

Support

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #807 on: May 02, 2016, 07:19:22 pm »

"We...should...gen3rally....avo1d...making...unnecessary...copies...of...skills...when...one...will...suffice"

That is to say,

Weakness Minor [Stimuli] [0.85]: Signifies moderate weakness to a certain stimuli.
Weakness Major [Stimuli] [0.50]: Signifies extreme weakness to a certain stimuli.

Can be trimmed down to

Weakness [Stimuli][.5] [0.85]:  Signifies weakness to a stimuli (tier1/tier2)

as these have no real reason to be separate traits.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #808 on: May 02, 2016, 07:27:11 pm »

Using 1 essence, Zurion creates gigantic turtles with entire reefs on their backs, swimming in the ocean surrounding gnu

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #809 on: May 02, 2016, 08:06:51 pm »

"We need a more effective way of creating our creations, and I am starting to think that we take the personalities and abilities of those whimsy mortals as too important. I am not here to create a paradise, my sole purpose is an entirely different. If creating mortals means I will get more power, obviously I will go for that route, so I will ridiculously abuse that system until everything becomes crowded and complicated.

Maybe we need freedom in our creations. So we can set an unique play in motion. I also feel we should force mortals to fight wars for us, instead they should play with what we throw at them.

Essence should be gained by devotion to one's own sphere, and only be based on the god himself, not his followers. Meditation, Discipline, Devotion are the things that should keep agod running..."
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 135