Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 135

Author Topic: Ye Gods 3 IC: Tick 18.5: Bounces  (Read 176621 times)

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Gods 3 IC: Tick 3.5: Rise of the Secondborn [20/30]
« Reply #930 on: May 03, 2016, 09:17:14 pm »

((Multipliers are additive with one another. I also forgot to edit the 2s to 1s.))
"I envision the proposed divine agents as unique mortals given blessings of increased power or knowledge by their gods. Angels or devils would be more akin to soldiers and employees of the gods, and likely created en-masse, though I suppose one could combine the two systems - assuming one for the latter is ever proposed.

As far as the alleged 'pointlessness' of limiting the amount of magic systems, well, I believe having twenty or more competing systems of magic would be, to borrow a term from another creation cycle, an absolute clusterfuck."

((4*1.5*1.5=4*2.25=9
4*(1+(.5+.5))=4*2=8
No they don't? Unless you snuck a rule in when nobody was looking. Addition is different then multiplying.))

"N0...w0nd3r...the...child...has...a...mouth...on...it.......1f...y0u...sp34k...lik3...that...around....it....
....But...why...not...just...use...normal..unique...blessed...mortals???......4t...the...mom3nt....a...mortal...costs...
4/1000....essence...f0r...0n3....which...means...a...n04mal...mortal...will...b3...many...tim3s...stronger...
...for..th3...sam3...pric3.......with...n0...listed...b3nifit...fr0m...us1ng...Ag3nts...inst3ad...
.......We...only...h3v3...one...system...s0...far....and...possibly...an...offshoot....this...
...1s...n0t...y3t...an...issu3.....th3r3...is...n0...r3as0n...f04...1t...t0...b3c0m3...0n3..."

This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #931 on: May 03, 2016, 09:22:25 pm »

Create a medium discipline node in the center of Gnu. Name the Node Arkoun
Appear before the Turtleonies and teach them the Discipline of Ley, Agriculture, Stonemasonry, Woodworking and Domestication. Create Turtses (big, and not sooo slow turtles) that are able to transport people.  Teach the Turtleonies how to worship and order them to build small travellers shrines for Zurion surrounding Arkoun.

"I OPPOSE that filthy chaos magic, as it does not even cover how it is energized and it is way to broad and general."
Listen to Prayers

Edit:
Saukko

Proposal

All schools of magic must draw their power from leylines or directly from the god creating it. This will cost the god 0.5E per 1,000 practicioners, should they decided to go that route.

((probably. I didn't look back at the cost of the leyline stuff, so yeah... it should probably be a bit more expensive than the leylines as it means there aren't any geographic limitations, as in you don't need to put leylines everywhere you expect your races to be.))
Support

Spoiler: Leyline Proposal (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 03, 2016, 09:34:10 pm by Detoxicated »

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #932 on: May 03, 2016, 09:31:37 pm »

((I could have sworn that the additive multiplier proposal went through. My mistake. Still, 4*(1+(.5 (Strength) + .5 (Skill) + .5 (Size) + 1 (Intelligence, though apparently this was mistaken) + 1 (Chaos) + .3 (Weapons)) was the calculation I used, which comes to . . . 17.2. Idk. I screwed up somewhere. The cost should be what, 4*1.5*1.5*1.5*(1.5*2)*1.3= 52.65, with chaos magic removed?))

"There was no system set in place for blessing mortals, to my knowledge. It seems that the other gods would prefer things stay fairly expensive, hence the relatively high base cost."
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #933 on: May 03, 2016, 09:38:10 pm »

Ascald, as the Keardai begin to set down roots and grow, instructs them on the basics of mining and forging metal, and building strong walls, so that they may defend themselves in times of need.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #934 on: May 03, 2016, 09:43:39 pm »

((I could have sworn that the additive multiplier proposal went through. My mistake. Still, 4*(1+(.5 (Strength) + .5 (Skill) + .5 (Size) + 1 (Intelligence, though apparently this was mistaken) + 1 (Chaos) + .3 (Weapons)) was the calculation I used, which comes to . . . 17.2. Idk. I screwed up somewhere. The cost should be what, 4*1.5*1.5*1.5*(1.5*2)*1.3= 52.65, with chaos magic removed?))

"There was no system set in place for blessing mortals, to my knowledge. It seems that the other gods would prefer things stay fairly expensive, hence the relatively high base cost."

((Probably, based on your estimations))

"Y0u...can...creat3...mortals...in...any...numb3r......includ1ng...0n3.....w1th...wh4t3ver...traits...you...d3sire......With...n0...advantage...in...the...Agent...syst3m...th4t...would...m3an...mortals...are...p0und...for...pound...str0nger...."

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #935 on: May 03, 2016, 09:45:23 pm »

"Without a system in place for individuals, using your ideas you could make mortals of nigh-infinite strength given the minuscule cost for one. This system would prevent such abuses."
GM of Trespassers V2.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #936 on: May 03, 2016, 09:46:24 pm »

"Without a system in place for individuals, using your ideas you could make mortals of nigh-infinite strength given the minuscule cost for one. This system would prevent such abuses."

"It...w0uld...n0t...prev3nt...single...m0rtals...fr0m...b3ing...made...in...its..curr3nt...f0rm...."

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #937 on: May 03, 2016, 09:52:15 pm »

[Zurion]
Zurion stands idly next to Ascald. Suddenly, he begins to speak.
"I see and admire your craftsmanship. Your Keardai work well. Would you like to bring in a few on the island of Gnu to live with the Turtleonies, help them construct and tame the island?"
Zurion creates a giant etheral bird that has the facial features and the shell of a turtle. On top of said flying turtle you see an elegant desk of ebony and a chair of the same wood.
"I shall fly over Gnu and measure it, while observing what creatures there are yet."

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #938 on: May 03, 2016, 09:55:15 pm »

"That would be acceptable to me, Zurion. I lack the Essence to do so myself, however, but you have my blessing to bring 200 of their number to the island.

As for the system I proposed, it could easily be amended to state that all creations of mortals that are not typical members of their race fall under it."
GM of Trespassers V2.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #939 on: May 03, 2016, 09:57:29 pm »

((Probably, based on your estimations))

"Y0u...can...creat3...mortals...in...any...numb3r......includ1ng...0n3.....w1th...wh4t3ver...traits...you...d3sire......With...n0...advantage...in...the...Agent...syst3m...th4t...would...m3an...mortals...are...p0und...for...pound...str0nger...."

IT IS ABUSABLE IN ITS CURRENT FORM.

Create Thadeon, a gigantic whale-like gas-eating creature inhabiting the upper atmosphere of the gas planet. Assigned the task of devouring the planet. Slowly. Traits are: Immortality, Specific Endurance [Gaseous Atmosphere] +3, Flight, Magic Ability +2

0.004*3*3.9*3*1.5= 0.2106E

Create Axotyl, a gigantic winged serpent inhabiting the upper atmosphere of the terrestrial planet. Assign him the task of teaching mortals Rune Magic and eating those who get too uppity. Traits are: Immortality, Specific Endurance [Terrestrial Atmosphere] +3, Flight, Magic Ability +2, Intelligence +2

0.004*3*3.9*3*1.5*3= 0.6318E
« Last Edit: May 03, 2016, 10:43:15 pm by micelus »
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #940 on: May 03, 2016, 09:58:41 pm »

"This is precisely what I meant."
GM of Trespassers V2.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #941 on: May 03, 2016, 09:59:15 pm »

"That would be acceptable to me, Zurion. I lack the Essence to do so myself, however, but you have my blessing to bring 200 of their number to the island.

As for the system I proposed, it could easily be amended to state that all creations of mortals that are not typical members of their race fall under it."

"But...singl3...cr34tions...are...by...d3finition...typical...cr34t10ns....
It...d03s...nothing...to...change...th3...issu3...."

IT IS ABUSABLE IN ITS CURRENT FORM.

"P3rhaps...but...th1s...pr0posal...would...n0t...solve...that....
...it...is...just...op3ning...up...a....n3w...path...that...is...all...
around...worse..."

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #942 on: May 03, 2016, 10:06:04 pm »

"Then require mortals outside the agent system to be created in batches of at minimum 250, so that the base cost is 1E. If you don't believe the agent system will eliminate abuses, I invite you to come up with a different one."
GM of Trespassers V2.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #943 on: May 03, 2016, 10:09:03 pm »

"Then require mortals outside the agent system to be created in batches of at minimum 250, so that the base cost is 1E. If you don't believe the agent system will eliminate abuses, I invite you to come up with a different one."

"That...d03sn't...fix...anything....each...of...th0s3...individuals...would...still...b3...str0nger...than...an...4g3nt...
f0r...3quil...cost....du3...t0...th3...4gents...high...pr1c3.....
....Mayb3...it....would...b3....b3tt3r...t0...giv3...4g3nts...unique...abilities...to...mak3...them...a...m0r3...
....4ttractiv3...ch0ic3...."

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #944 on: May 03, 2016, 10:12:43 pm »

"That was actually my original idea, but I assumed a general plan for them would be best. Giving them unique traits seems like it would invite endless debate over whether it was "fair," and indeed I am concerned about, say, a mortal given the unique trait of 'can arbitrarily destroy any object that it can see or otherwise perceive.'

A system like this will be difficult to balance, for sure, unless we want to spend time debating each and every agent that a god creates."
GM of Trespassers V2.
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 135