Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74 75 ... 135

Author Topic: Ye Gods 3 IC: Tick 18.5: Bounces  (Read 175321 times)

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Gods 3 IC: Tick 5: The Drollery Begins [21/30]
« Reply #1080 on: May 05, 2016, 05:16:43 pm »

Propose Law of Cullment
If a law has not been passed for three ticks it gets erased from the list.
Conditional Oppose

"Make that five Ticks and it'll do what it's supposed to with fewer downsides."
If a law has not been passed for five ticks it gets erased from the list.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #1081 on: May 05, 2016, 05:27:40 pm »

Propose Law of Cullment
If a law has not been passed for three ticks it gets erased from the list.
Conditional Oppose

"Make that five Ticks and it'll do what it's supposed to with fewer downsides."
If a law has not been passed for five ticks it gets erased from the list.

"Presumably this doesn't apply to things like traits and magic schools, then?"
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #1082 on: May 05, 2016, 05:31:43 pm »

"What would you suggest changing, then? I feel like not accounting for the environment is more of an issue."
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #1083 on: May 05, 2016, 05:48:55 pm »

"What would you suggest changing, then? I feel like not accounting for the environment is more of an issue."

"Munr03...d03sn't..."
« Last Edit: May 05, 2016, 06:20:56 pm by Stirk »
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1084 on: May 05, 2016, 06:04:25 pm »

"It applies to any pending proposals, not anything we decided to support."

tntey

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes Fishbone for its ska
    • View Profile
« Reply #1085 on: May 05, 2016, 07:02:16 pm »

Isgon observes the progress of building on Ka
Speaking of lowest intelligence, that reminds me of the fact that it's probably your first time in prison. Don't worry, I can give you some tips, having spent some time in a few myself. The best way to make friends here is to drop the soap during shower time. Try it, I'm sure you'll love making friends like that!

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #1086 on: May 05, 2016, 07:14:28 pm »

Propose Trait: Ancestral Memory. Comes in four (technically five) levels:
-1: Creature has little to no information passed down from ancestors, and lacks everything but the most basic natural instinct. 0.8x cost.
(0: Creature has basic survival instincts passed down from ancestors, but no advanced knowledge. This is the baseline on which most creatures operate and has only been included for the sake of completeness; it's assumed everything possesses this.)
+1: Creature learns skills possessed by ancestors quickly, but not detailed information, which allows development of generally more skillful individuals (due to having effectively more practice with skills) over time. Example: A family of smiths will naturally produce children that are good smiths, even if separated at birth. 1.2x
+2: Creature retains the skill levels of previous generations, but not information. 1.5x
+3: Creature retains skills and information known by previous generations (though things can still be forgotten if not used.) 2.5x

"I would ask for amendments or suggestions, but that seems fruitless at this point. I should mention that the uneven scaling is due to the benefits ramping up faster than the levels do.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1087 on: May 05, 2016, 07:21:19 pm »

-1: Creature has little to no information passed down from ancestors, and lacks everything but the most basic natural instinct. 0.8x cost.
(0: Creature has basic survival instincts passed down from ancestors, but no advanced knowledge. This is the baseline on which most creatures operate and has only been included for the sake of completeness; it's assumed everything possesses this.)
+1: Creature learns skills possessed by ancestors quickly, but not detailed information, which allows development of generally more skillful individuals (due to having effectively more practice with skills) over time. Example: A family of smiths will naturally produce children that are good smiths, even if separated at birth. 1.2x
+2: Creature retains the skill levels of previous generations, but not information. 1.5x
+3: Creature retains skills and information known by previous generations (though things can still be forgotten if not used.) 2.5x

"I would ask for amendments or suggestions, but that seems fruitless at this point. I should mention that the uneven scaling is due to the benefits ramping up faster than the levels do.

Saukko

Amendment: Only applies to non-violent (including defensive) skills, and knowledge of magic is not passed on with this trait.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #1088 on: May 05, 2016, 07:22:28 pm »

"May I suggest an amendment to the amendment? One may take an additional, final level of the trait for, say, 4x, that allows the passage of said skills."
GM of Trespassers V2.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1089 on: May 05, 2016, 07:30:27 pm »

"No.

We have some immortal races being created - or will eventually - so to have an eternity of martial and arcane knowledge passed down to the next generation seems like a very foolish thing to occur, which is why I proposed the amendment."

Ardent Debater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1090 on: May 05, 2016, 07:31:07 pm »

"I find the Node and Leyline system to be, intriguing, to say the least. Hmm, I think that I'll create my own Node, if only for the posterity, if nothing else."

Urthon hollows out a large, perfectly Spherical space deep underground, nearly half of the way the Core of Zoigast, deeper than any natural Cavern goes. Urnoth then reaches into the shadows of every Mortal being and takes away, just the faintest piece of Dark from each, why, one wouldn't even know anything was gone unless they searched and knew what they were looking for, and gathers the Shadows into a large ball of pure Night. He then takes the Ball and places it into the Spherical cavern and they align perfectly. Urthon then pours his a fraction of his Godly Power into the Dark and binds it together. Lines of pure Darkness Flow up slowly but unceasingly towards the surface. The Lord of Shadow Grins.

((OOC: Non-Fluff Explanation.))

Urthon spends 8 Essence to create a Big Node of Darkness roughly halfway to the Core of Zoigast.

Saukko

Amendment: Only applies to non-violent (including defensive) skills, and knowledge of magic is not passed on with this trait.
"May I suggest an amendment to the amendment? One may take an additional, final level of the trait for, say, 4x, that allows the passage of said skills."

SUPPORT

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1091 on: May 05, 2016, 07:38:51 pm »

with a great crack something crashes a stolen Motercycle through the delicate structure known as 'Reality' leaveing a small rapidly closing hole to a universe someone recently set on fire...
What in the name of Order did I just wander into?
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1092 on: May 05, 2016, 07:51:17 pm »

Xenia curtsies to the newcomer.

"Welcome brother. I am Xenia Satis goddess of Hospitality and Plenty. Pleased to meet you."

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1093 on: May 05, 2016, 08:04:18 pm »

Propose Titan Bandaid Rule: A titan has a base cost of 0.004. This proposal is nullified should an agent creation system be passed.

Map Proposal
All gods agree on a map for the various Planets. These maps shall be based on a system with squares representing a defined amount of area. Unless everybody wants to participate in the creation of the map, we create a comittee of all people who want to participate, who get to decide what is where. The shape of a land a god created can be defined by this god only, but if he is not participating, his piece of land shall be put somewhere by that map council. This proposal serves so the gods can have a knowledge where is what and such, and have a fair way of dealing with the exact details.
OPPOSE.

Proposal:
Repeal anti prayer listening law
OPPOSE.

Propose a limit on planets of 1/12 the current number of gods for gaseous planets, 1/6 the number of gods for terrestrial planets, and 1/2 the number of gods for total moons.
OPPOSE.

Propose that gods may listen and answer to prayers in the manner appropriate to that particular god only subconsciously, but automatically, and only the most significant (aka plot-important/indicative of something you may really want to do something about) make it to the conscious minds of the gods.
SUPPORT

Proposal: School of Magic

Vejrdraoid, or weather magic, practitioners are able to influence air pressure, moisture, sunlight, and - at the most advanced levels - electrical charge in a variety of offensive and defensive defensive spells. Powered via leylines.
SUPPORT

Saukko

SUPPORT

Essence devaluation: Multiply all Essence amounts, costs, etc. by 10 to reduce need for fractions.
OPPOSE.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1094 on: May 05, 2016, 09:01:40 pm »

Map Proposal
All gods agree on a map for the various Planets. These maps shall be based on a system with squares representing a defined amount of area. Unless everybody wants to participate in the creation of the map, we create a comittee of all people who want to participate, who get to decide what is where. The shape of a land a god created can be defined by this god only, but if he is not participating, his piece of land shall be put somewhere by that map council. This proposal serves so the gods can have a knowledge where is what and such, and have a fair way of dealing with the exact details.

Saukko

Oppose

Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74 75 ... 135