Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 101 102 [103] 104 105 ... 135

Author Topic: Ye Gods 3 IC: Tick 18.5: Bounces  (Read 176666 times)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Gods 3 IC: Tick 11: There is Nothing in the Void
« Reply #1530 on: May 13, 2016, 11:48:48 pm »

Propose
Having the soul sphere doesn't give you a discount for creating creatures with souls.

Saukko

Oppose
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Fiery_Death

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1531 on: May 14, 2016, 12:26:06 am »

Propose
Having the soul sphere doesn't give you a discount for creating creatures with souls.

Oppose.

"This is a foolish attempt to limit the power of a god's only sphere."
« Last Edit: May 14, 2016, 12:54:14 am by Fiery_Death »

Fiery_Death

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1532 on: May 14, 2016, 02:51:31 am »

((Some changes to the demons, before they get created and it is more difficult to change them))

Luuc looks at the dormant demons, and decides to make some changes. He removes their souls, so when they die they are destroyed, and do not go to any afterlife plane. He replaces their internals with a black oily substance called Demon Essence, and toughens their skin, making it more like a shell that contains the demon essence, and pressurizes the demon essence so that if they shell is destroyed, the demon will explode and the demon essence will cover everything within a meter radius of the demon.

Spoiler: Demons (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Demon Essence (click to show/hide)

Luuc uses however much Essence is necessary, if any, to do this, except if it would kill him.

If Luuc has enough Essence, he will use 4.5 (or rounded up to 5) Essence to add the Strength+1 trait to his smart, wise humans.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2016, 02:58:06 am by Fiery_Death »

Happy Demon

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Demon
    • View Profile
« Reply #1533 on: May 14, 2016, 06:03:26 am »

[Axt, God of Enchanted Weapons]
Propose
Oppose
"The soul sphere does not give such a discount to begin with. Creating a soulless creature costs no less than one with a soul.
A soulless creature is simply one who cannot have an afterlife. Having a soul will only apply a cost once such a trait is passed.
Now that I think of it, I should make some soulless creatures. After I get some Essence to work with.
"
I like cats, they're smart and mysterious, and their kittens adorable.

I'm a Forum Demon, expect to find me lurking, and knowing random details.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1534 on: May 14, 2016, 06:11:45 am »

"Essence can be gained through the worship of soulless creatures? You tested this concept?"
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Happy Demon

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Demon
    • View Profile
« Reply #1535 on: May 14, 2016, 06:36:24 am »

[Axt, God of Enchanted Weapons]
"Essence can be gained through the worship of soulless creatures? You tested this concept?"
"Not every thing needs to be tested. I have seen it in my previous universe, the gods grant the mortals souls, but they can still worship before then.
The souls simply grants one better leverage to convince the mortals. Threaten apostates with eternal torment after life, and the mortals will repent.
One fears death, like every, so all mortals accept souls. With little thought of the downsides. One can curse a soul. A body, not as easily.
"
I like cats, they're smart and mysterious, and their kittens adorable.

I'm a Forum Demon, expect to find me lurking, and knowing random details.

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1536 on: May 14, 2016, 09:20:35 am »

"So I understand nobody wants to talk about maps for the world we have at hand?"

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1537 on: May 14, 2016, 11:23:05 am »

"Perhaps we should discuss a process for creating agents. The Titans don't really fit the bill, as far as I'm concerned."
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #1538 on: May 14, 2016, 11:45:48 am »

Propose: Cull Idlers: If a god does nothing for 5 ticks (does not vote, speak, or perform an action), that god is considered to be idle. An idle god is invulnerable to attack, but does not receive essence income. If a god is idle for 5 ticks, they dissipate, donating their essence evenly to all currently active gods and then dying with no chance of revival. All populations that worshipped them become atheistic and must be converted to a different god, unless said populations are already worshipping one or more other gods.

Request a general census of overall mortal populations.

"That would be agreeable to us. How about a base cost of 1E, and rather than free resurrective immortality, that agent can be re-created at a greatly reduced cost if destroyed?"
« Last Edit: May 14, 2016, 12:01:21 pm by KingMurdoc »
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1539 on: May 14, 2016, 11:55:38 am »

Propose: Cull Idlers: a) If a god does nothing for 5 ticks (does not vote, speak, or perform an action), that god is considered to be idle. An idle god is invulnerable to attack, but does not receive essence income.

Saukko

Support

Cull Idlers: b) If a god is idle for 5 ticks, they dissipate, donating their essence evenly to all currently active gods and then dying with no chance of revival. All populations that worshipped them become atheistic and must be converted to a different god, unless said populations are already worshipping one or more other gods.

Oppose

"That would be agreeable to us. How about a base cost of 1E, and rather than free resurrective immortality, that agent can be re-created at a greatly reduced cost if destroyed?"

"I feel that the agent creation mechanic should allow any of the gods who have created Titans to designate them as an agent should they so desire, though they would have started with a base cost of 0.004E, which requires charging them a bit extra for it if the base cost is going to be 250 times higher."

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #1540 on: May 14, 2016, 12:03:01 pm »

"Hm. That's a good point. Perhaps an addendum that retroactively marks them as agents? Or making the agent designation have a simple flat cost that's added to however much essence it took to create the creature, rather than a multiplier."
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1541 on: May 14, 2016, 12:04:29 pm »

"So I understand that there is many different agent levels. Those agents work at different levels and at different scales. There is beings like the three ancients I made, that are relatively small in comparison to the moon whale and the snake, who are gigantic. Because these gigantic beings are so big their purpose is an entirely different one than the ones at mortal level. Still they hold some similarities, as they all should be immortal. They also should be intimately tied to their creator, but also to their purpose. If the initial purpose of my ancients was to train the people of Gnu, then me forcing them to untrain them all should result in second-thoughts in these beings.

Since they are thought to be absolutely divine, their personality is more important than their abilities, as it is likely that they are unmatched by any mortal and only another agent could even attempt to destroy your agent. So the mortal traits don't apply at all. I think we should decide on a number based system like this:
Strength
Intelligence
Wisdom
Endurance
Dexterity
Charisma

Depending on the amount of essence you want to spend you could buy statpoints that would raise these stats. Say +1 would cost 1, and then from there on always the double of the previous price (1,2,4,8...) Using 5 Essence would grant you for instance 15 statpoints. Using 10 Essence you would get 30 Statpoints. Using 20 Essence you would get 60 Statpoints.

So if I were to create the Centurio Eternium, the mighty defender of my academy. I would use 5 Essence

Strength +2
Intelligence +1
Wisdom +1
Endurance +3
Dexterity +2
Charisma

His appearance would be fluff. I would say his Endurance comes from his special armour he wears, which cannot be removed as it is him. Another god might create an agent with similar stats, and say: He keeps on regrowing tentacles that replace cut off parts.
After putting stats one should focus on the personality and purpose of the being. The purpose is the mission you give to him. The personality should be based off of traits given to him. This should be a list of at least five addjectives that describe a personality.

In the case of Centurio Eternium I would write: Purpose: Protect the Academy from invasions and threats within. Personality: Disciplined, Uncaring, Just, Proud, Paranoid.

With this list of traits the One that calculates could work in details of behaviour. Like: Centurio Eternium suspects that some spirits of the Academy teach forbidden knowledge to the undisiciplined."
Propose: Cull Idlers: If a god does nothing for 5 ticks (does not vote, speak, or perform an action), that god is considered to be idle. An idle god is invulnerable to attack, but does not receive essence income. If a god is idle for 5 ticks, they dissipate, donating their essence evenly to all currently active gods and then dying with no chance of revival. All populations that worshipped them become atheistic and must be converted to a different god, unless said populations are already worshipping one or more other gods.

Request a general census of overall mortal populations.

Support Both

Fiery_Death

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1542 on: May 14, 2016, 12:08:45 pm »

Propose: Cull Idlers: a) If a god does nothing for 5 ticks (does not vote, speak, or perform an action), that god is considered to be idle. An idle god is invulnerable to attack, but does not receive essence income.

Support

b) If a god is idle for 5 ticks, they dissipate, donating their essence evenly to all currently active gods and then dying with no chance of revival. All populations that worshipped them become atheistic and must be converted to a different god, unless said populations are already worshipping one or more other gods.

Oppose

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1543 on: May 14, 2016, 12:17:29 pm »

Spoiler: spoiler for space (click to show/hide)

"This sounds like a good idea to me, though special abilities may need to be made to differentiate agents further, and for- well, special abilities. These should cost a certain number of stat points, agreed upon by the Council via proposal."

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #1544 on: May 14, 2016, 12:26:06 pm »

Munroe creates 4E Fulminates with the bribe money paid by Malakath.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.
Pages: 1 ... 101 102 [103] 104 105 ... 135