Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 132 133 [134] 135

Author Topic: Ye Gods 3 IC: Tick 18.5: Bounces  (Read 175335 times)

Fiery_Death

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Gods 3 IC: Tick 18.5: Bounces
« Reply #1995 on: June 05, 2016, 05:15:29 am »

Support Galya.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #1996 on: June 05, 2016, 08:44:40 am »

"One cannot have death without life. It could even be said that holding domain over death implies one holds it over life, or the reverse."

"Quite.

One might suggest that this is nonsense, however. An atmosphere is required for weather, and an atmosphere requires gravity. Would you say I hold domain over gravity, given my sphere?

Yourself, also. Storytelling requires mastery of language. Would you like is to consider you the god of language in addition to craftsmanship and storytelling?

Sollia is goddess of fire. Fire requires three things: oxygen, fuel and heat. Is she goddess of all volatile subarances, hot and cold, and a very specific element?

These things all may be linked, but that does not mean we hold power ove them. If a god of life were to exist, by your logic Kyuu would be allied with them."
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1997 on: June 05, 2016, 09:06:56 am »

"So? He still invented that beautiful display of runic magic..."

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #1998 on: June 05, 2016, 10:48:49 am »

"One might also consider that their comparisons are nonsensical. Oxygen does not require fire to exist, gravity does not depend on the atmosphere. nor language dependant on stories - though the world would be dreadfully dull without them. It's almost as if I've already made this point and one chose to ignore it for the purposes of being obstinate."
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1999 on: June 05, 2016, 11:45:58 am »

"Indeed."
Teach the Turtlekind of Gnu Galya and Staffmaking, only allow Death Galya if the bones come from a self-sacrificed follower of Zurion.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2000 on: June 05, 2016, 12:15:06 pm »

"One might also consider that their comparisons are nonsensical. Oxygen does not require fire to exist, gravity does not depend on the atmosphere. nor language dependant on stories - though the world would be dreadfully dull without them. It's almost as if I've already made this point and one chose to ignore it for the purposes of being obstinate."

"One makes poor arguments and is accused of being obstinate. By the storyteller, no less...

We have traits that make death evitable, so it is not a foregone conclusion of life. Life is also not necessary for death; our sun will die eventually, and the planets we create have finite resources to support life, though both could be averted for a time through lie actions.  These are not living things, yet they will die eventually.

Life and death are as much reliant on each other as weather and gravity, fire and oxygen. There may be instances in which one cannot happen without the other, but they are not inextricably linked to the point at which you cannot have one without the other."
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Happy Demon

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Demon
    • View Profile
« Reply #2001 on: June 05, 2016, 12:36:56 pm »

[Axt, God of Enchanted Weapons]

"One makes poor arguments and is accused of being obstinate. By the storyteller, no less...

We have traits that make death evitable, so it is not a foregone conclusion of life. Life is also not necessary for death; our sun will die eventually, and the planets we create have finite resources to support life, though both could be averted for a time through lie actions.  These are not living things, yet they will die eventually.

Life and death are as much reliant on each other as weather and gravity, fire and oxygen. There may be instances in which one cannot happen without the other, but they are not inextricably linked to the point at which you cannot have one without the other."

"Stars are not alive. And as such, cannot die. So you are wrong, stars do not die. That is an error which has persisted until it becomes part of the language.
Just as Nimrod, the master hunter, is an insult akin to idiot.
"

"Death is absence of life, but only in things that have lived. The most accurate definition of life necessitates an organic entity. This definition also excludes gods.
We do not live, we exits and operate.
"

"So, you have a choice. Reject anything except the literal, or accept that life is not life even though life is life.
Or find some other solution which you probably thought of just to spite me.
"
I like cats, they're smart and mysterious, and their kittens adorable.

I'm a Forum Demon, expect to find me lurking, and knowing random details.

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Obscure References and Danmaku everywhere.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2002 on: June 05, 2016, 12:41:25 pm »

"So, you have a choice. Reject anything except the literal, or accept that life is not life even though life is life.
Or find some other solution which you probably thought of just to spite me.
"
"He does that to all of us, especially me. Him spiting everyone should be expected by now."
Battleships Hurl insults from behind thick walls, Destroyers beat up small children, Carriers stay back in the kitchen, and Cruisers are a bunch of tryhards who pretend to be loners.

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2003 on: June 05, 2016, 12:58:48 pm »

"What nonsense are you speaking? We have the ability to change reality at our whims, gods have created materials out of thin air before, like the sun and the planets... I believe we only aplied a limit to the planet to increase competition and enhance the disciplines of the mortal people. While many gods here seem to believe in this finity of planets, it is not necesarily required to happen."

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #2004 on: June 05, 2016, 01:52:13 pm »

"A thing cannot die unless it was alive. To say the sun will die is either to assume it is alive, or to simply treat "death" as equivalent to "loss of function." Are you really going to argue semantics with one whose sphere is quite literally the clever construction of language?"
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2005 on: June 05, 2016, 10:49:34 pm »

((cripes, so many people :'())

"A thing cannot die unless it was alive. To say the sun will die is either to assume it is alive, or to simply treat "death" as equivalent to "loss of function." Are you really going to argue semantics with one whose sphere is quite literally the clever construction of language?"

"I'm sure I could manage. Life and Death are abstract concepts, and thus many people think many different things regarding them. I offered my thoughts, I don't expect you all to share them. Clearly my thoughts regarding what constitutes life and death are more broad than Kyuu's, Axt's and your own. At least you have the decency to argue against the idea, rather than the arguer.

It amuses me that I'm accused of being spiteful by Kyuu yet haven't actually voted against either of the schools. Perhaps I should, just to play to the perceptions of others?

Further amusement is brought from Axt. I'm apparently the insecure one, when it is suggested that I already have a means to spite Axt for daring to have a different opinion from me."

Happy Demon

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Demon
    • View Profile
« Reply #2006 on: June 06, 2016, 01:59:57 am »

"Further amusement is brought from Axt. I'm apparently the insecure one, when it is suggested that I already have a means to spite Axt for daring to have a different opinion from me."[/shadow]
"And? Everyone can spite. I merely did not want to hear yet another third choice only made to refute the choices, rather than be of any real use.
You can spite me in many ways, I am sure of it. You will always find a way, inevitably. Though I can hinder you along the way.
As for insecurity, it is you who bring up appearing weak, and I call you insecure because of that.
"
I like cats, they're smart and mysterious, and their kittens adorable.

I'm a Forum Demon, expect to find me lurking, and knowing random details.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2007 on: June 06, 2016, 09:56:19 pm »

"Does life require death to exist? That would be news to me, darling."

"As far as I am aware, the sphere of death holds sway over endings, 'silence', decay, the more closely related to death directly the better...but not over life, except so far as death always holds life hostage. In much the same way, I am the mistress of heat, light, and change, as well as the stronger emotions. I am not, however, in control of oxygen."
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #2008 on: June 06, 2016, 10:20:01 pm »

"Life may not require death, but without death it begins to lose value. Stagnates, if you will. And one could say that by denying death to a being, you are denying it a rightful place in an afterlife."
GM of Trespassers V2.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2009 on: June 06, 2016, 10:31:59 pm »

"That's one value system of many. One might suggest a mortal's value is better spent on the planets than in an afterlife, but that is also one value system of many. Do not make the error in thinking your value system is better than any other."

Pages: 1 ... 132 133 [134] 135