Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 12

Author Topic: Arcane Exile [Early Spring, Week 2: Burst]  (Read 21540 times)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: Arcane Exile [Recruiting!]
« Reply #30 on: June 05, 2016, 11:10:34 pm »

When do you expect you'll start 'picking' sheets and such?
Not sure. I'd like to give everyone time to get their sheets in, though obviously the sooner we start the better. :3

Ah yes irony assume my sheets good?
"Sword Conjuration" isn't really a thing; you'd want Summoning backed up by a sword-related skill, like you've got with Swordsmanship. You'd need something else as well if you wanted to hurl them at people rather than just wielding them, and extra supporting skills if you wanted them to have special properties; Master-level Summoning backed by Adept-level Swordsmanship is sufficient to make them very, very nice, but not on fire or sparkling with divine might or anything.

Reading might not be the most practical skill unless you're planning on memorizing a lot of stories or reading to children or something. Finally, what is it with you and seducing your boss?
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 05, 2016, 11:23:29 pm »

I really don't know what's  up with the seducing bosses thing really I made Maya and she was so maschochistic that really blacktongue was perfect waifu so tsundere! and for this game boss waifu equals benefits plus  it's a good way to learn more about the leader  and allow for me to empathise or hate them easier.

Okay so how would I have the abilty to hurl them I could replace  reading with that abilty besides that do you have any backstory complaints or suggestions?
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 05, 2016, 11:57:58 pm »

Okay so how would I have the abilty to hurl them I could replace  reading with that abilty
Alteration is the obvious telekinesis school, so that's a good choice.

besides that do you have any backstory complaints or suggestions?
Being fanatically devoted to one of these particular leaders might not be super wise. You might also want to think about what she wants other than for senpai to notice her, since otherwise you'll be somewhat stuck either doing whatever they want or scheming against them in a murderous rage.
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 05, 2016, 11:59:21 pm »

...Please pick characters based on merit?
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Pencil_Art

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 06, 2016, 12:01:25 am »

This would be nice, actually.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 06, 2016, 12:10:31 am »

Oh make em less fanatic I can certainly do that.

Merit seems rather subjective

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 06, 2016, 12:16:20 am »

I kept her fanatical towards their friends but their Lord has a lot less loyalty now and it will depend a lot on what she'll get out of her loyalty now how it goes.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 06, 2016, 12:19:20 am »

I'd prefer we get started sooner rather than later due to several reasons

A) It's actually good timing for me right now so I won't be sleeping while the game progresses like happened in the beginning last time
B) I can quickly know whether I get in or not
C) There is less time for more to competitors to post sheets reducing my chances of getting in.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 06, 2016, 12:34:15 am »

Merit seems rather subjective
Yeah. What kind of merit? Usefulness of build? Coherency of character? Familiarity with you as a player?

Desire to avoid picking the same people every game aside, I'm not super convinced I know how to pick players to make for the best game. I was a little tempted to do a last men standing type scenario covering the circumstances immediately prior to your exile, but I feel like that might just end up as a more elaborate and arbitrary method of picking people at random.

I kept her fanatical towards their friends but their Lord has a lot less loyalty now and it will depend a lot on what she'll get out of her loyalty now how it goes.
On the downside, now she just comes off as completely sociopathic. Zero limits for her friends, lot of effort to become her friend.

Pencil_Art

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 06, 2016, 12:42:42 am »

Character made.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 06, 2016, 12:48:36 am »

Not really sociopathic would mean has no conscience and this character actually does care about her friends genuinely while a sociopath probably feels almost nothing but I think I can change it a bit more.

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Obscure References and Danmaku everywhere.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 06, 2016, 01:06:12 am »

« Last Edit: June 07, 2016, 03:57:12 am by piratejoe »
Battleships Hurl insults from behind thick walls, Destroyers beat up small children, Carriers stay back in the kitchen, and Cruisers are a bunch of tryhards who pretend to be loners.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 06, 2016, 01:13:15 am »

Spoiler: GUESS WHO'S BACK! (click to show/hide)
ah best of friends hopefully to everyone I assume  :P

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Obscure References and Danmaku everywhere.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 06, 2016, 01:26:05 am »

Spoiler: GUESS WHO'S BACK! (click to show/hide)
ah best of friends hopefully to everyone I assume  :P
Indeed, what could possibly go wrong? other then everyone becoming kita's servants and being bound to her will.
Battleships Hurl insults from behind thick walls, Destroyers beat up small children, Carriers stay back in the kitchen, and Cruisers are a bunch of tryhards who pretend to be loners.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 06, 2016, 01:28:18 am »

Eh I imagine just some light friendship magic will be all that is required for Rana really.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 12