Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 69

Author Topic: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of The Wild: SEQUEL ANNOUNCED  (Read 99129 times)

JumpingJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of The Wild
« Reply #210 on: June 20, 2016, 04:39:34 pm »

My best guess is that there's two temples: the Lanayru temple that's in ruins in Skyward Sword, and the Faron temple that Link puts the Master Sword into at the end of Skyward Sword.

Between Skyward Sword and Ocarina of Time, the Lanayru temple was rebuilt into the one seen in Ocarina of Time, and the sages decide that the Master Sword might be safer there, so they put it behind the Door of Time there. But then Ocarina of Time comes along, and in all the timelines the sages decide that maybe they shouldn't put the sword in the Lanayru temple, considering how easily Ganon broke/nearly broke into there.

In the Adult timeline, they decide they'll just hide it under the castle. Not sure why. In the Child timeline, the sages decide to move it to the Faron temple; still not sure why. In the Decline timeline they decide that nobody ever needs to get this thing again unless it's really bad, so they hide it in the forest, put a bunch of decoys in the forest, and also hide the magic rocks from Ocarina of Time all over the place in such a manner that a nine-year-old can't get them by asking nicely.

I can't explain why the sages like moving the sword so much, but it makes more sense than the Temple of Time magically warping all over Hyrule every couple hundred years.
Huh, that actually lays things out quite nicely. I never really considered the sages moving the sword, as I was under the impression that only the Hero was capable of removing from its pedestal.
I'M NOT HERE TO CHAT, I'M HERE TO DANCE OVER YOUR DEFEAT.
Imagine how much more exciting the dinosaur exhibits would be if we had necromancers.
Sigtext

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: June 20, 2016, 05:20:56 pm »

Only Link can take it out of the pedestal, sure, but who says the sages can't move the pedestal?
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: June 20, 2016, 05:47:19 pm »

Not going to lie, now I've got a mental image of ganon running around with the master sword, it still stuck in a rock.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Nighthawk

• Bay Watcher
  • INT Score: Yes
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: June 20, 2016, 06:15:27 pm »

Not going to lie, now I've got a mental image of ganon running around with the master sword, it still stuck in a rock.
You are most certainly not the only one.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: June 20, 2016, 06:24:31 pm »

Ditto.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
  • likes dragons for their fiery breath
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: June 20, 2016, 06:41:02 pm »

Ditto.
this is an absulotely hallarius image.
I was kind of under the impression that someone else could remove it, but could not USE it.  but I think like the pedestal idea better.
Kids make great meat shields.
I nominate endlessblaze as our chief military executive!

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Leftover Potential
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: June 20, 2016, 06:43:11 pm »

He'd have to hold it by the rock, not the handle, "Sword of Evil's Bane."
It is good to choose your battles. It is better to choose your wars.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: June 20, 2016, 06:46:07 pm »

I fail to see the problem.

I also flail to see the problem, and am now thinking of him attaching the rock to a rope.

E: Or not just ganon, really. I can see you rolling up to the pedestal in the LttP forest, and there's one of those ball and chain guys waiting for you, twirling the pedestal around. Just think of what the blade beam things would look like coming off of that. Hyrulian sonic boom.

E2: Oh gods, it's becoming more elaborate. We touhou now. Bullet hell for the blade.

E3: I think the part when it reaches half health where it starts making afterimages/clones and there's like six rock-encased master swords whirling around the room is the best part.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2016, 06:53:51 pm by Frumple »
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: June 20, 2016, 06:48:16 pm »

I fail to see the problem.

I also flail to see the problem, and am now thinking of him attaching the rock to a rope.

Clearly this weapon should be added to Hyrule Warriors.
It's FEF, not FEOF

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: June 20, 2016, 06:57:26 pm »

I should think the handle wouldn't be metal, because metal handles aren't very comfortable or easy to grip. As long as he doesn't touch the sharp, slicey end he would be fine.
Black lives matter.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Leftover Potential
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: June 20, 2016, 07:00:27 pm »

Why would your anti-evil enchantment only cover the blade? Then the villain would be able to use it against the hero!
It is good to choose your battles. It is better to choose your wars.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: June 20, 2016, 07:03:46 pm »

The Blade of Evil's Bane, not the sword. :P
But now I'm imagining a swordfight against Ganondorf with the Master Sword and it is so awesome aaaaa
Black lives matter.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: June 20, 2016, 07:07:21 pm »

The Blade of Evil's Bane, not the sword. :P
But now I'm imagining a swordfight against Ganondorf with the Master Sword and it is so awesome aaaaa
Link would use a fishing rod and an empty bottle. Maybe also a deku stick if its OoT.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: June 20, 2016, 07:08:31 pm »

the bottle smashes and ganondorf flings link around by the fishing line
Black lives matter.

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
  • likes dragons for their fiery breath
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: June 20, 2016, 07:09:04 pm »

I thin gannon trying to pick the thing up would be like trying to pick up thors hammer.

then again.....gannon AKA gannondorf has the triforce of power....
Kids make great meat shields.
I nominate endlessblaze as our chief military executive!
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 69