Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 69

Author Topic: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of The Wild: SEQUEL ANNOUNCED  (Read 99127 times)

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
Re: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of The Wild
« Reply #330 on: October 25, 2016, 03:02:59 am »

But the game will be the same either way man.
True, however Nintendo did at some point mention that there will be small differences.
My guess is minor visual difference or something. But I have yet to see any official confirmations.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2016, 03:04:45 am by Ultimuh »

Catmeat

• Bay Watcher
  • 50/50 cat pork burger wth sweet lime sauce is best
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: October 25, 2016, 06:39:58 am »

Yeah well if you are going to get a Switch an NX anyway just get it for that.
I expect the differences will be graphical improvement, loading times, lighting and partical effects (minor) and there seem to be many partical effects, and any major differences will be enemy numbers, improved AI, more action on screen, improved weather effects and such.
I doubt it'll include an extra dungeon or items.
If it does it will be minor and nothing to really cry about.
Maybe there will be an internet feature, not a multiplayer per se but something like Tingles gameboy app for Wind Waker.
This is my grasp at it though.

The thing about the NX release is that it will be cheap, the profit maker for them is in the IPs they are releasing at the same time.
I will easily buy the console and Zelda for starters, and quickly getting Metroid and any other that takes my fancy.
If the dock doesnt have a gpu or cpu extension I will know nintendo is doing things wrong.
Im no graphics whore but it just doesnt make sense to do that.
I wonder if I could jury rig one onto it and if it would help??
Puns are social lubricant.
Too much and you lose sensation

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: October 25, 2016, 02:00:17 pm »

I would imagine the 'differences' would be more to do with the WiiU having the gamepad available. If you're playing the Switch while docked you really won't be able to use a touch screen, assuming it has a touch screen to begin with.

Krevsin

• Bay Watcher
  • [RAINBOWS:REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: October 25, 2016, 03:10:55 pm »

Given what I've read from people who've played this thing at events and the like, it suffers from frame drops on the Wii U. Probably won't be a factor with the Switch (except possibly when in portable mode).

Catmeat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: October 25, 2016, 06:15:11 pm »

Given what I've read from people who've played this thing at events and the like, it suffers from frame drops on the Wii U. Probably won't be a factor with the Switch (except possibly when in portable mode).
Ive heard both stuttering and nil.

In portable mode it will cut minor things, like draw distance, lighting, loading etc
This is obvious. I have a feeling we wont notice much graphical change.

No way! Why would they give a older cheaper console an advantage? (Sure you can hate dual screen but many like).
They are for profit. Always remember that.
Plus at the reveal the wii u never used the pad screen for anything.
It was just a symbol and battery stats from memory.
Also the aiming with the game pad, I hated it.
Jonky shit, i hope if thats used, its optional.
Game developers should NEVER push controls down your throat, always have options to change everything!
Even small things like text size and colour blindness options. Developers always look past this shit.
Tool tips are neat but after you know the game it should be toggleble.
Fuck im triggered, i should stop

Nighthawk

• Bay Watcher
  • INT Score: Yes
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: October 25, 2016, 07:42:34 pm »

... Did you just post the same quote twice and then react as if they were two different quotes? I'm... confused.

Regardless of graphical differences between Wii U and Switch versions of the game, though, I'm pretty excited at the prospect of taking a main-line Legend of Zelda title around on the fly. Big, adventure-heavy console games have always been a thing you have to set aside time for, but now... war has changed.

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: October 25, 2016, 08:09:28 pm »

I'm pretty sure the second quote was in reference to my post but he accidentally clicked the wrong one.
But yeah, do you expect them to not do anything with the WiiU's gamepad for this game? Even if it's something minor you won't miss in the Switch version?

As for aiming with gamepad I haven't tried it myself, but I heard it's wonderful for Splatoon and in that game you could toggle it on or off.

Catmeat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: October 25, 2016, 10:04:19 pm »

... Did you just post the same quote twice and then react as if they were two different quotes? I'm... confused.
Yeah ive got multiple personalitys haha.
Like Oz said I clicked wrong.
If they do use the game pad for anything I can only see a it being map, if its a menu wouldnt they have to make different sprites for each item? Not far fetched but not really necessary.

Yeah I will always be slipping a few minutes in on lunch breaks and similar down times, lets hope it has usb charge.

war has changed.
War never changes.

I really hope a good pokemon game is put on it with local/bluetooth encounters to fight strangers.
I dont even play pokemon go but when I see people playing it im always yelling "INSTINCT"

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: October 25, 2016, 10:16:53 pm »

war has changed.
War never changes.
War has changed.

I really hope a good pokemon game is put on it with local/bluetooth encounters to fight strangers.
I dont even play pokemon go but when I see people playing it im always yelling "INSTINCT"
I would really like something similar to the download play functionality from the DS, but I think I already mentioned that. I'm pretty sure local wireless play is what was being demonstrated in the announcement where they're playing basketball, two systems set up near each other playing the same game. If it can do that I don't see why they can't do that with a Pokemon game, and if they don't it would be pretty terrible. I thought the whole deal with Pokemon was to battle against other people, so taking that out would be a bad idea.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Leftover Potential
    • View Profile
It is good to choose your battles. It is better to choose your wars.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: October 26, 2016, 02:13:35 am »

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: October 26, 2016, 02:33:53 am »

An invisible weapon... for an invisible war.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Catmeat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: October 26, 2016, 03:10:32 am »

war has changed.
War never changes.
War has changed.
But war... war never changes.
In the year 1945, my great-great grandfather, serving in the army, wondered when he'd get to go home to his wife and the son he'd never seen. He got his wish when the US ended World War II by dropping atomic bombs on Hiroshima and Nagasaki.
The World awaited Armageddon; instead, something miraculous happened. We began to use atomic energy not as a weapon, but as a nearly limitless source of power.
People enjoyed luxuries once thought the realm of science fiction. Domestic robots, fusion-powered cars, portable computers. But then, in the 21st century, people awoke from the American dream.
Years of consumption lead to shortages of every major resource. The entire world unraveled. Peace became a distant memory. It is now the year 2077. We stand on the brink of total war, and I am afraid. For myself, for my wife, for my infant son - because if my time in the army taught me one thing. it's that war, war never changes.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 26, 2016, 03:15:58 am by Catmeat »

Scripten

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: October 26, 2016, 08:45:15 am »

war has changed.
War never changes.
War has changed.
But war... war never changes.
In the year 1945, my great-great grandfather, serving in the army, wondered when he'd get to go home to his wife and the son he'd never seen. He got his wish when the US ended World War II by dropping atomic bombs on Hiroshima and Nagasaki.
The World awaited Armageddon; instead, something miraculous happened. We began to use atomic energy not as a weapon, but as a nearly limitless source of power.
People enjoyed luxuries once thought the realm of science fiction. Domestic robots, fusion-powered cars, portable computers. But then, in the 21st century, people awoke from the American dream.
Years of consumption lead to shortages of every major resource. The entire world unraveled. Peace became a distant memory. It is now the year 2077. We stand on the brink of total war, and I am afraid. For myself, for my wife, for my infant son - because if my time in the army taught me one thing. it's that war, war never changes.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Metal... Gear?!

stabbymcstabstab

• Bay Watcher
  • OW SNAP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: October 26, 2016, 11:55:03 am »

A weapon to surpass Metal Gear!
Long Live Arst- United Forenia!
"Wanna be a better liberal? Go get shot in the fuckin' face."
Contemplate why we have a sociopathic necrophiliac RAPIST sadomasochist bipolar monster in our ranks, also find some cheese.
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 69