Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 126

Author Topic: Brexit! Conversation Continued  (Read 181908 times)

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Brexit! Conversation Continued
« Reply #510 on: July 26, 2016, 06:39:44 am »

What part of 'slowing down British visitors onto French soil' does that even address, as an explanation?
The part where there are jihadis killing French people who cannot be allowed onto British soil?
For the very last and final time - why are you continually compounding the overloaded security checks that prevent UK-France travel (which you yourself exclude as particular targets of interest by the French police/security forces in the way you describe) with the justified checks that occur during France-UK transit?

I wrote more, but I'm reminded why I think you like being deliberately obtuse.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: July 26, 2016, 08:45:42 am »

In response to a significant increase in hate crimes, with 6200 cases reported to police since the referendum in june, the UK government has decided to free up 2.8 million euros to protects mosques from attacks and vandalism, and to protect Polish people who have also seen an increase of hate crimes against them.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: July 26, 2016, 08:58:00 am »

the UK government has decided to free up 2.8 million euros
Well, at least it's not dollars. Or renmimbi...

:)

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: July 26, 2016, 08:59:59 am »

My newspaper said euros not pounds.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #514 on: July 26, 2016, 03:08:24 pm »

For the very last and final time - why are you continually compounding the overloaded security checks that prevent UK-France travel (which you yourself exclude as particular targets of interest by the French police/security forces in the way you describe) with the justified checks that occur during France-UK transit?
I wrote more, but I'm reminded why I think you like being deliberately obtuse.

I'm quite surprised that the Dover delayshaven't been brought up in this thread, given how long it has been going on.  (Considered a non-BBC thread, just for LW, but there's no significant difference in reports and I don't expect legible discussions from that quarter.)

First thoughts, yesterday: "And so it begins..."
"Kent Police said traffic was back at normal levels, after drivers had queued for up to 14 hours because of extra French security checks at the port.
Police said the weekend's disruption was caused by the large volume of holiday traffic and increased checks at the border following recent terror attacks in France.
The Port of Dover authority said the French border control booths in Dover were "seriously understaffed" on Friday night, when problems began."

You've now accused me of being underread, when you did not read any of the news sources I posted nor even the ones you posted. You're now calling me obtuse, when you're trying to pass off your own bias as fact over what is confirmed fact. You've failed to provide any evidence to substantiate your claims after all this, if your evidence amounts to being smug, perhaps reddit is more to your suiting? There you will be able to find many who believe that this traffic jam was actually the result of a French conspiracy to inconvenience holiday goers.

Brigands

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: July 26, 2016, 03:17:06 pm »

I just hope they can find the money without taking it away from any institutions using it for important work, such as the BBC.

My newspaper said euros not pounds.

Which newspaper was that? ;)

You know if he lives in a country using Euros the newspaper probably gave an approximate in a currency people in the country it's published in know and use rather than some foreign shekels.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #516 on: July 28, 2016, 05:56:22 am »

After getting French support May got Italian support

So much more can be achieved with bilateralism than the EU can ever hope to achieve

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: July 28, 2016, 07:03:20 am »

Penis
truer words have never been spoken

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #518 on: July 29, 2016, 05:20:44 am »

Racism unleashed: True extent of the 'explosion of blatant hate' that followed Brexit vote revealed

I like how the hate crimes heatmap is basically just a population heatmap.

Also, 29 in London since 23rd June? Is it just me, or is that not a lot?
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: July 29, 2016, 08:21:14 am »

Racism unleashed: True extent of the 'explosion of blatant hate' that followed Brexit vote revealed

I like how the hate crimes heatmap is basically just a population heatmap.

Also, 29 in London since 23rd June? Is it just me, or is that not a lot?
Love that the neonazi poster has a lovingly crafted graphic of gay anal sex on it.
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #520 on: July 29, 2016, 08:29:46 am »

In response to a significant increase in hate crimes, with 6200 cases reported to police since the referendum in june, the UK government has decided to free up 2.8 million euros to protects mosques from attacks and vandalism, and to protect Polish people who have also seen an increase of hate crimes against them.

But why? The whole Brexit affair was for the right to harass and abuse Muslims AND the Polish and get them to leave.

The many leavers told me!

Man... >_< I hate when I am sarcastic and yet I don't know what parts of what I say are parody and what are serious.

---

The fact of the matter is... they are going to have to deal with the fact that a big otis of the vote was kind of fueled by hate relations.

But I get the impression that most Leavers are just distancing themselves and going "Nope! not related" which is appropriate too. Afterall they aren't responsible for all the crazies who latched onto them, even if... the campaign... invited them a little... and one of the chief members of the Leave campaign is *redacted*.

This whole situation be messed up yo.

---

Anyhow it will fix itself. I highly doubt this is all just the surface tension of what is an increasingly more racist country.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2016, 08:33:59 am by Neonivek »

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: July 30, 2016, 06:33:59 am »

Ok here is an interesting tidbit I heard but haven't officiated yet.

Is it true that following Brexit that "Right Wing" has become an insult?

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: July 30, 2016, 06:54:51 am »

I'm sure that that's been an insult of some kind or other from one or other grouping to another grouping for a long time...  As has Left Wing and every other directional. Context?

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: July 30, 2016, 06:57:11 am »

I'm sure that that's been an insult of some kind or other from one or other grouping to another grouping for a long time...  As has Left Wing and every other directional. Context?

Don't want to say, my sources are silly... and embarrassing.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #524 on: July 30, 2016, 06:57:28 am »

The "Leave Camp is Racist" camp likes to use it like that, although that's true of progressive politics in general.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 126