Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 126

Author Topic: Brexit! Conversation Continued  (Read 182462 times)

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
Re: Brexit! Conversation Continued
« Reply #570 on: September 11, 2016, 08:59:45 am »

You can't really necro this thread, we just sorta had this utter dry spell of nonews when May and her cabinet were off talking with the leaders of continental nations

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #571 on: September 11, 2016, 10:12:47 am »

Well, May seems to have decided that not doing anything and letting her rivals do crap in the Brexit-related portfolio is the best bet, so there isn't much Brexit news.

Though while we are talking about British politics and things tenuously related to Brexit, I'm surprised I haven't seen some dank bantz from you about Emily Thornberry, LW.

But the Labour MP Paul Flynn came to Ms Thornberry's defence and tweeted: "Possibility of nuclear war is a issue of vital importance that should not be trivialised by Murnaghan's cheap smart-aleck pub-quiz question."
He later added: "Murnaghan repeats cheap trick to grab a headline for himself and his failing show by diverting attention from issue of mega-importance."

Did you guys clone trump?
« Last Edit: September 11, 2016, 10:16:23 am by Sheb »

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Wolfhunter107

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #572 on: September 11, 2016, 10:26:43 am »

Did you guys clone trump?

Given that the woman he was interviewing is crying sexism to deflect away from her own lack of knowledge and basic competence in her job, perhaps a better question would be if we cloned Hillary ;)
So that would be a no.
Just ask yourself: What would a mobster do?
So we butcher them and build a 4chan tallow soap tower as a monument to our greatness?

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #573 on: September 11, 2016, 02:43:13 pm »

I mean the tweet sounded very trumpian.

Did she use sexism though? I read the article and didnt see a single quote with the s-word.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #574 on: September 12, 2016, 07:07:59 am »

Though while we are talking about British politics and things tenuously related to Brexit, I'm surprised I haven't seen some dank bantz from you about Emily Thornberry, LW.

'Serious stuff'
Ms Thornberry was asked if she had taken part in any Brexit talks with her would-be counterparts in Germany and France, and then if she knew the name of the French foreign minister.
"Don't start pub quizzing me, Dermot," she said.
"Don't start pub quizzing me."
I thought this was news, this uselessness is pretty standard for the shadow cabinet
It's what happens when your leader selects candidates based off of marxism and not merit

Also in today's globalized world, everything that happens is a result of brexit
All these dank memes are the harbinger of the new world banter

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #575 on: September 12, 2016, 12:21:38 pm »

...that was surreal, I was reading "Thornberry" and had to check twice to make sure I wasn't in the cartoons/western animation thread by mistake, smashing!

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #576 on: September 13, 2016, 04:36:46 pm »

...that was surreal, I was reading "Thornberry" and had to check twice to make sure I wasn't in the cartoons/western animation thread by mistake, smashing!
British people exist in real life, they are not just 2d waifus

Also
Nigel Thornberry
Nigel Farage

I've never seen the two in the same room. Are they the same person?

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #577 on: September 13, 2016, 05:36:50 pm »

*shrug* I've never seen Angela Merkel and you on the same room either...
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #578 on: September 13, 2016, 05:47:15 pm »

I think that's to do with the the stalking, and the subsequent court order. After all, it'd be quite embarassing if the German Chancellor had to be arrested for harassment. Again.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #579 on: September 13, 2016, 05:49:33 pm »

I think that's to do with the the stalking, and the subsequent court order. After all, it'd be quite embarassing if the German Chancellor had to be arrested for harassment. Again.
This is absolutely true btw, I remember LW calling me while hiding under the bed when she broke in the second time, despite being terrified and hushed, those accents are still sexy.

British people exist in real life, they are not just 2d waifus

Also
Nigel Thornberry
Nigel Farage

I've never seen the two in the same room. Are they the same person?
...SMASHING!

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #580 on: September 13, 2016, 06:10:29 pm »

Dr. Merkel and Shitpost Hyde

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #581 on: September 16, 2016, 05:28:57 pm »

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-37387162
Bye bye are based Nige, Diane James new leader of UKIP
Reminder the previous favourite for leader failed his bid for leadership because he forgot to register until the deadline
rip

To applause at the UKIP conference, she said: "Yes to a 100% European Union exit. Can I be any clearer? Yes to a sovereign independent UK. Yes to a UK free to make trade deals with whoever and whenever we want and yes to an immigration policy that allows entry regardless of origin to those with the skills and the expertise and the social values that this country wants."
I dunno who she is but in today's fractured political house, I wonder how many seats she'll capture

She accused Mrs May of stealing some of UKIP's policies - such as grammar school expansion - adding: "Mrs May: from one grammar school girl to another, stop the faff, stop the fudge and the farce, get on with it - invoke Article 50 and give UKIP the best Christmas present we could ever have."
I think May believes in what she wants done, cos she's not a prep student, has consistently been conservative even when she was unknown or when such views were disadvantageous; she could've very well killed brexit upon securing accession to leadership

What a dank leader

George Osborne has warned Theresa May that he will be the champion of “the liberal mainstream majority”
http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2016/sep/16/george-osborne-centrist-pro-european-rival-to-theresa-may
THE SNAKE REVEALS ITS COLOURS
Funny thing is I actually like a lot of what Osborne's done, it's just hard to acknowledge that seeing him rather brazenly pretending to be everything he's not
It's like beer milipede, it just doesn't sit right. Men should seem as they are, not become valueless fluid, seeking to reach into the cracks of whoever is willing, as a path to great power and prestige

Oh yeah, Donald Tusk has been talking with May and says May told him Brexit will probably be starting 2017
Donald Tusk seems like he's not a useless bit of Junck, so that's good

In Labour news:
Is it over? Are the Labour MPs finally going to accept they have been totally, completely, 100% warscore defeated by Corbyn?
imagine my surprise and consternation when I received a call from a journalist seeking my reaction to being named in a published list of Labour MPs who were being accused by Corbyn of “abusing” him and his supporters.
nope labour MPs still salty

In EU news, French and German leaders coming together to try and sort out the fucking mess the EU commission made
Remember Greece last year, with its euro woes. Back then, Germany's powerful Chancellor was able to coax, or bully, other EU leaders to toe her line, giving the impression at least of a united EU.

But Mrs Merkel's credibility was damaged by the migrant crisis and her grip is weakened. Many EU leaders blame her for the hundreds of thousands of refugees who flooded across their borders. Groups of countries have begun to openly defy her.
mein sides

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #582 on: September 16, 2016, 05:49:45 pm »

EUxit when
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #583 on: September 16, 2016, 05:50:10 pm »

Oh yeah, Donald Tusk has been talking with May and says May told him Brexit will probably be starting 2017
Van Rumpuoy thinks no earlier than October/November. (French elections in Spring, German elections in autumn; both thus need to be fought and resolved before anyone knows what positions anyone is going to be arguing from...)

Leaving the ~38% impatient and the ~35% also on tenterhooks.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #584 on: September 16, 2016, 06:40:32 pm »

Leaving the ~38% impatient and the ~35% also on tenterhooks.
What do you mean

also tl;dr
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 126