Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 126

Author Topic: Brexit! Conversation Continued  (Read 182428 times)

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
Re: Brexit! Conversation Continued
« Reply #870 on: November 13, 2016, 10:34:42 am »

The American bank Citigroup has announced it plans to move 900 jobs from London to Dublin. Some analists say this could be the start of the Brexodus.
http://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/brexodus-citi-to-move-900-staff-to-dublin-pmjn6w69p
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #871 on: November 13, 2016, 10:39:11 am »

If there is one thing I have to love about Brexit, it is all these names coming out. Let me find a few more!

It is the Brexpocolypse! We are heading into a Brexpression! This is Inbrexiveable!

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #872 on: November 13, 2016, 12:44:18 pm »

PTW
I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
It's like tea leaf divination, but with cartoon leprechauns.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #873 on: November 13, 2016, 01:56:49 pm »

Unrelated to Brexit, SabertoothTiger, I made outsider controllable Sabertooth Tigers as large as Giant Lions and run around eating people and it is hilariousuly fun, though it takes a lot of kludgework with stuff to get the fang teeth working right, and I added in [GRASP] tags to the smaller back teeth, but yeah.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #874 on: November 14, 2016, 02:45:42 pm »

Final word: Lest we forget

*EDIT
Almost missed this post in typing replies
« Last Edit: November 14, 2016, 09:07:21 pm by Loud Whispers »

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #875 on: November 14, 2016, 10:47:24 pm »

Full admission: I can't read, I have a trained parrot that looks at posts and shouts "SHITPOST" or "MEMES" or "LIES" or "BAHAHAHA" and I respond accordingly with a surprising success rate at interpreting what keys I should randomly mash to produce what look like witty or relevant or well thought out posts.

He looked at your block of text and exploded, so you owe me a new parrot, this one has gone to sing with the choir.

Though I did know all of it either in full detail or general sweeps, except the reddit parts, the closest I get is being a user sub gatekeeper on imgur, semi-retired these days, and from that alone developing an irrational hatred of reddit due to people submitting things they just wanted to upload, over, and over, and over, and over... etc. Many parrots died, the Jedi felt it.

I've followed the strings through some of the oppo research threads, was actually there to see the 96000000 get, very amusing, but I don't really belong to any part of 4chan except /dfg/ so it's just as a lurker that I've interpreted various things. I did indeed interpret their use of "whites", various slurs, (((them))), and so forth as the big label mash-up, and you are right that they're not conservatives but here in the US they wear it loosely as a hat because it is the opposition to their opposition: liberals.

I'm not sure if I'm missing a usage of smug, but "acting extremely satisfied and confident in one's rightness/actions/self" sums up my use, and viewing this election as a victory at shitposting a meme into office while proving liberals are dumb definitely fits.

Angle

• Bay Watcher
  • 39 Indigo Spear Questions the Poor
    • View Profile
    • Agora Forum Demo!
« Reply #876 on: November 15, 2016, 04:29:17 am »

posting to watch.

Agora: open-source platform to facilitate complicated discussions between large numbers of people. Now with test site!

The Temple of the Elements: Quirky Dungeon Crawler

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #877 on: November 15, 2016, 07:18:54 am »

He looked at your block of text and exploded, so you owe me a new parrot, this one has gone to sing with the choir.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: parrot wall of text (click to show/hide)

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #878 on: November 15, 2016, 08:54:13 am »

Verbotengate?

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #879 on: November 16, 2016, 05:39:20 pm »

An Italian minister has accused Boris Johnson of "insulting" his country by suggesting it should back his version of a Brexit deal or face losing sales of Prosecco sparkling wine.
Carlo Calenda said the UK would abandon some "fish and chips exports" under the foreign secretary's approach.
Truly we are witnessing international diplomacy like we've never seen before

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #880 on: November 16, 2016, 05:41:22 pm »

Call me crazy... but I don't think the UK's Fish and Chip exports are very high.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #881 on: November 16, 2016, 06:07:01 pm »

Call me crazy... but I don't think the UK's Fish and Chip exports are very high.

I am quite confident in saying it's very much an internal market.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #882 on: November 16, 2016, 06:21:09 pm »

But Fish and Chips are big news!  They're in all the (yesterday's) papers!

I suspect there'll be much salt. And loads of vinegar too.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #883 on: November 16, 2016, 06:24:24 pm »

But Fish and Chips are big news!  They're in all the (yesterday's) papers!

I suspect there'll be much salt. And loads of vinegar too.

What is this heresy? Salt and sauce, you fool.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #884 on: November 16, 2016, 06:24:36 pm »

I'll put my chips on it being fishy
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 126