Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Galactic Junk League: Robocraft But Not!  (Read 1478 times)

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
Galactic Junk League: Robocraft But Not!
« on: July 16, 2016, 06:30:25 pm »

https://galacticjunkleague.com/
...so yeah basically as the title reads.  Build a ship block per block, then take it into a 5v5 respawning deathmatch.

Notable:
You can place hull blocks, which are just chunky attachments, and then place armor on hull in various shapes, for more protection.
Variable speed/armor/firepower as you add or remove engines/bulk/weapons.
You upgrade parts with money, so each component becomes more powerful on the same vessel.
No monetary system (yet) so you can place blocks until you hit the ship's size limit.
Special abilities (1-6 keys to trigger) that can be placed or removed by adding certain blocks, some of which are class-specific.
Classes of ships with different bonuses - a frigate's engine produces more thrust than a battleship's engine.

Kinda lame:
Playtime matters.  Other players with highly upgraded components will tend to stomp you.
Frigates/speed is kinda overpowered, as small upgraded ships are moving too fast for weapon tracking.
Limited game modes and limited player base.

https://galacticjunkleague.com/
Free signup, quick and intuitive to play, includes some default ships to just hop in with.  They haven't even added a cash system yet, it's ONLY free to play.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
Re: Galactic Junk League: Robocraft But Not!
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2016, 07:26:26 pm »

Huh. I guess I'll give it a shot.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2016, 11:11:20 pm »

Okay. So, not nearly enough feedback for when you deal or receive damage. They really need to implement some standard resolutions if they're not going to do fullscreen, too.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

lastverb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2016, 04:18:19 pm »

PTW

nate9090

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2016, 05:02:47 pm »

Seems pretty decent for an alpha from what I could play. I got to test out a run-and-gun rocket frigate and a long range gauss artillery destroyer.

Sadly it seems like just about every other round I get de-synced and everything freezes up and I have to leave match which is really frustrating.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2016, 01:24:44 pm »

Sadly it seems like just about every other round I get de-synced and everything freezes up and I have to leave match which is really frustrating.
Considering this is what prevents me from playing robocraft (even with a friend to make it interesting), I'll just ptw this instead.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2016, 03:52:30 pm »

I have not encountered any desyncs, myself.  It may be an area-specific problem.