Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 20

Author Topic: ER: REDUX Exhibition Mission (Falcon punch!)  (Read 36804 times)

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ER: REDUX Exhibition Mission
« Reply #135 on: July 28, 2016, 02:36:11 pm »

((Edited action))
Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: July 28, 2016, 04:50:30 pm »

Spoiler: Cai Cain (click to show/hide)

Go help Grant clear the next door.

chaotic skies

• Bay Watcher
  • Vibing in anti-space
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: July 28, 2016, 10:05:22 pm »

"Ahh.....wha....that...uh...uhg....I can't really hear...I'm gonna go over here for a bit..."

Go sit down near the wall until my ears stop ringing, then check the door to the south of fish-man.
Don't let me start a forum game, smack me with a paper towel roll if needed

Professional Thread Necromancer

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #138 on: July 29, 2016, 10:00:30 am »

"Well, fuck. That was a surprisingly violent mixture ... Hey, Asshole! You know what chemicals you mixed to make that?"

Toby moves out to the hallway near the door Grant and Chaotic went through and stands guard, facing away from where they are and toward the parts we haven't demolished yet.

"Clear the room guys, and let's move on. We got work to do. Ugh, at this rate i'm going to end up in small pieces all over the building."

Spoiler: Toby D'Termina (click to show/hide)
You dry your face with some paper towels, ignoring the bits of skin that come off when you do, and head back out into the hall. You walk over to the door leading to the offices and stand guard near it, facing the other doors in the hall. The numbness on your face is spreading, a wave of gentle tingling that is crawling down your neck now.

"What in the flying rat fuck? There's some fucked up shit going on here. I'm gonna put this thing out of its misery."

Load standard rounds. Put one through worm man's head. Load AP rounds back in afterwards. Continue listening and clearing the remaining rooms in the hallway. Listen outside, then check inside the door to the south of the room I'm currently in.

Spoiler: Grant Miller (click to show/hide)
You load the standard rounds into your pistol and shoot the worm creature in the head. Repeatedly. You just keep shooting until it stops moving. It takes the full magazine. As you're busy reloading the gun with AP rounds, you hear something. Something from directly above you. Heavy thudding, like someone repeatedly dropping a bowling ball on the ground. Its not stationary either; it seems to be moving around, coming towards the area directly above you in fact.
"Dunno. All of 'em?"
BE the shield.

lrson
Spoiler: Phillip J. Asshole (click to show/hide)
You look at your shield, staring at it hard. You have to be the shield. You must become the thing which stops you from being hurt. If you can become the shield, that means you're shielding yourself. And by transitive property that means you will never be be able to be hurt! YOU'LL BE INVINCIBLE! You lay on the ground and contort your body in to the closest approximation of the shape of the shield as you can manage. You'd be very bad at charades because the closest you can manage is basically just the fetal position.

"Ahh.....wha....that...uh...uhg....I can't really hear...I'm gonna go over here for a bit..."

Go sit down near the wall until my ears stop ringing, then check the door to the south of fish-man.
You go sit down next to the nearest wall and wait for your ears to stop ringing. You don't hear the pounding coming from upstairs, but you do see the dust being shaken free from the ceiling. You get a sudden sinking feeling in your chest.

Spoiler: Cai Cain (click to show/hide)

Go help Grant clear the next door.

Grant is standing above the body of the fish thing, looking up at the ceiling. You look up at it with him. You can see it shaking with every thud, bowing slightly.

"I think we may have attracted something's attention."

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: July 29, 2016, 10:20:59 am »

"...fuckin' a."

Back up out of the room, fire off a couple of rounds at where I think it is. Try to not die.

« Last Edit: July 29, 2016, 02:26:55 pm by renegadelobster »
Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • "Lest he be compelled to labor."
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: July 29, 2016, 01:24:47 pm »

"Yeah, they're in the fuccin fents, what a suprise."
Stop being the shield. Use shield which isn't me to protect people.

slhed

((Also, tell me when this booze wears off.))
It is good to choose your battles. It is better to choose your wars.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: July 29, 2016, 02:08:59 pm »

evaluate my medical condition and the best remedy for it. Meanwhile, remain at the door to the room with the team in it. I have HP rounds loaded, but I want to be ready to swap to AP if the thing that crashes through the ceiling is made of metal.

[glow=green.,2,300]"Get out of there! quietly. that thing is coming down.

Asshole! we're gonna need you. Something big is coming.[/glow]

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: July 29, 2016, 05:12:04 pm »

Get out of there, quietly. Take up defensive post somewhere with good visuals on the door.

chaotic skies

• Bay Watcher
  • Vibing in anti-space
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: July 29, 2016, 05:23:28 pm »

Leave the room, quietly. Keep sword drawn, and avoid it if it's above me.

Don't let me start a forum game, smack me with a paper towel roll if needed

Professional Thread Necromancer

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #144 on: July 29, 2016, 10:29:09 pm »

"...fuckin' a."

Back up out of the room, fire off a couple of rounds at where I think it is. Try to not die.

You point your handgun at the ceiling and pull the trigger. The gun makes a soft "PUFFT" sound and jams. You swear and sprint the rest of the way out of the room, stopping only when you reach the hallway.  You take a quick look around. Toby is standing there with his mouth hanging open and his eyes are bleeding, Asshole is holding his shield in front of himself like a holy talisman, dashing between other team members, and Chaotic and Cia are sneaking out of the office room in a way that can only be described as loony toon-esque.

Leave the room, quietly. Keep sword drawn, and avoid it if it's above me.

Get out of there, quietly. Take up defensive post somewhere with good visuals on the door.
You both tip toe very quietly out of the room while keeping your weapons pointed at the noisy ceiling.  When you get outside you both immediately notice a chemically smell and see that Grant seems to be...rather worse off than when you last saw him.

"Yeah, they're in the fuccin fents, what a suprise."
Stop being the shield. Use shield which isn't me to protect people.

slhed

((Also, tell me when this booze wears off.))
You run between every member of the team, holding your shield up in front of them.

"WHEN YOU COME TO IT AND YOU CAN'T GO THROUGH AND YOU CAN'T KNOCK IT DOWN YOU KNOW THAT YOU'VE FOUND

THE WALL, THE WALL, THE WALL,  NO ONE ON EARTH CAN MAKE IT FALL!"

evaluate my medical condition and the best remedy for it. Meanwhile, remain at the door to the room with the team in it. I have HP rounds loaded, but I want to be ready to swap to AP if the thing that crashes through the ceiling is made of metal.

[glow=green.,2,300]"Get out of there! quietly. that thing is coming down.

Asshole! we're gonna need you. Something big is coming.[/glow]

You think about your medical condition. Well, the wound in your chest is straight forward enough. But the gas...some kind of irritant. Maybe poisonous. Probably chlorine gas. You weren't exposed for long though, and as far as you remember exposure shouldn't be causing these symptoms. What could, you're not really sure. Maybe you've been exposed to one of the mutagens that you were very specifically warned does not exist around here. Though you're not sure how. As you contemplate this, something squirts in your mouth. You spit onto the ground, letting out a gutteral grunt and backing up, surprised and disgusted. What you just spat out is about 90% blood and 10% tooth.

The heavy banging from upstairs stops. Nothing more is heard.

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: July 29, 2016, 10:45:49 pm »

"Damnit. I think I just got a squib load. Fucking hell."

Um...get away from the door, back by the desk. Drop the mag, try and clear the jam. Hope it's not a squib load or a hangfire.

If it's a hangfire, keep the gun pointed towards the noise, hope it goes off soon.

If it's a squib load, I dunno, pray to the gun gods it falls out? Maybe field strip it, find a dowel or something to try and ram the round out.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: July 29, 2016, 11:41:51 pm »

Spoiler: Ciaphas "HAHA" Cain (click to show/hide)

"Hey, Grant. Let me know if you want put down if you feel yourself changing."

Wait for Big Bad Evil Guy to show his face. Then shoot said face.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: July 30, 2016, 01:58:22 am »

Toby heads back to the lobby and calls (92) 091-941-5145 for evac.

See ya, guys. I'm useless and infected now. Probably that blood in the bathroom, or the chest wound from the werewolf. No point in hanging around and dying. May as well go die in the infirmary. Whichever. No reward for Toby today.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #148 on: July 30, 2016, 11:00:51 am »

Toby heads back to the lobby and calls (92) 091-941-5145 for evac.

See ya, guys. I'm useless and infected now. Probably that blood in the bathroom, or the chest wound from the werewolf. No point in hanging around and dying. May as well go die in the infirmary. Whichever. No reward for Toby today.
Calling that number will, as per the briefing, end the mission for everyone and result in a forfeit of pay.

Come on, press forward, Mr. Hyde. Surely there is a cure somewhere higher in this building.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: July 30, 2016, 01:46:29 pm »

-sigh- alright, voice in the head. Fine. Return to Lobby. begin short rest.

Spoiler: Toby D'Termina (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 30, 2016, 01:51:13 pm by Ozarck »
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 20