Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 20

Author Topic: ER: REDUX Exhibition Mission (Falcon punch!)  (Read 36808 times)

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ER: REDUX Exhibition Mission (Falcon punch!)
« Reply #195 on: August 08, 2016, 10:48:07 pm »

((I uh...thanks. Can't believe I fucked that up.))
Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: August 08, 2016, 10:55:55 pm »

Cai gives Grant a deadpan expression, at least as much as he can in his current state.

"I'd... Scream if my chest... Wasn't caved in."

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: August 09, 2016, 12:06:34 am »

Grant half smiles before responding.

"Well see now, that's why you have someone stay with you. To do the screaming for you! Heh. But no, seriously, if whoever stays behind with you doesn't have a radio, you can borrow mine. That way you guys won't be out of contact."
Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: August 09, 2016, 07:12:38 am »

We're not here to snoop in company business. We're here to kill some intruders, save face for the company, and recover evidence against these ecoterrorists. Mind your manners gang, or our employer might not welcome us back with open arms.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #199 on: August 09, 2016, 03:15:34 pm »

"Well, that works. On to the other two then?"

Go to the unopened west east rooms. Open the south one. Listen first, then try the handle. If locked, shoot it out, or wait for a teammate to cut it open. Hit the lights, kill what needs to be killed, search the room. Repeat for the north one.

Spoiler: Grant Miller (click to show/hide)
[Mind: 9 (Failure)]
"Damn boring offices."

Take point!

Blakn
Spoiler: Phillip J. Asshole (click to show/hide)
Move with the group to the east rooms (east, renegade, east). Provide cover, first from the doorway out of the cubicle room while they kick in the southeast door, and then from the southeast doorway, should they advance into that room. Same thing to the north, should we make it that far this round. Evaluate my state of mind - am i losing control to the mutation, or do I remain in control, except in regard to the fucking strength stim?
Spoiler: Toby D'Termina (click to show/hide)
The first room, the south east room, is exactly as advertised on the name plate. It's a store room, complete with metal shelves full of various office supplies and some scattered boxes of stuff like unassembled office chairs or computer monitors. You have to cut your way in, but the room itself is empty and shows no signs of trouble. The biggest discovery is that there is an additional door, on the far side of the room. This one is unlabeled but a quick listen at it reveals the sounds of machinery. A sort of dull mechanical humming.

The door to the north east is also exactly as advertised; a copy room. The door isn't locked, in fact there is no lock, but someone has wedged paper into the space between the door and the door frame, and stacked boxes filled with paper up against the door, as a sort of barricade. There's a table with a coffee machine, a water cooler, a big xerox machine and printer, and reams of paper. Even a few packs of markers and pens. The only thing out of place-- aside from the barricade --is the corpse laying in the corner, right next to the xerox machine. At least you all assume it is a corpse; there's no signs of trauma but the way the body is laying and the grayish blue tint of the skin makes it seem very likely that he's dead. The body is wearing a security uniform.

"Guys..." Ciaphas takes a shallow, pained breath, "Hold up. Check for passwords."

Search desks for a password to a compy, maybe. Load hollow-point ammo into gun.

You switch out your ammo and then dig through the desks in both rooms, looking for some kind of hint as to what the password for the pc is. You open all the drawers and carefully search through them, trying not to make too much of a mess; it could be bad if they knew you were digging through their stuff. You suppose you could just blame it on the intruders but...eh. Better safe than dragged out into an abandoned lot and shot twice in the back of the head. In 115 you find a legal pad with the following words written on it

OPEN
FUR
FINANCE
NEGATES
EVERY
NEGATIVE

AH, good. Clearly this is the office of an accountant who had a massive stroke.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • "Lest he be compelled to labor."
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: August 09, 2016, 04:19:25 pm »

Shoot the corpse in the head for good measure. Afterwards, keep following Miller.

Blakn
Spoiler: Phillip J. Asshole (click to show/hide)
It is good to choose your battles. It is better to choose your wars.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: August 09, 2016, 04:40:05 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

"Bastards aren't... Stupid enough to leave us... Clues, huh?"

Catch up with the group. Aim gun at potential threats.

chaotic skies

• Bay Watcher
  • Vibing in anti-space
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: August 09, 2016, 04:50:37 pm »

Investigate the corpse, see if there's any sign of what killed him.

Spoiler: chaotic (click to show/hide)
Don't let me start a forum game, smack me with a paper towel roll if needed

Professional Thread Necromancer

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: August 09, 2016, 06:01:22 pm »

"Well. He's unhelpful. Off to the mechanical room of doom then."

Wait for teammates to make sure the corpse is actually a corpse and not an alien death penii in disguise. Go to the unlabeled door in the southeast room and listen to it. Try the handle if nothing extraordinarily hostile is heard. Shoot out the lock or let a teammate cut open the door.

Have the WP grenade and the pistol at the ready, to burn and put holes into respectively, for anything that's hostile that comes at us. Otherwise, explore and search. Carefully.

Spoiler: Grant Miller (click to show/hide)

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #204 on: August 10, 2016, 12:03:33 am »

((Heh. I want to say what I think the password is, but I know I shouldn't.
Then again, I could be totally wrong and it could just be an XKCD password.
Anyway, PTW.))

chaotic skies

• Bay Watcher
  • Vibing in anti-space
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: August 10, 2016, 01:54:04 am »

<<I don't know where to begin with that one, so I'm just gonna leave it alone.>>
Don't let me start a forum game, smack me with a paper towel roll if needed

Professional Thread Necromancer

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: August 10, 2016, 03:38:21 am »

((HOW DID I MISS THIS))
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: August 10, 2016, 06:55:28 am »

Have we seen any windows, fire exits, or the like? Signs perhaps, pointing toward such? If so, Toby suggests we try the external route upward. If not, he checks the janitorial closet (and store room, etc) for a pry bar and heads over to the elevator. If the elevator is on this floor, he presses the call button. Otherwise, he chills in the lobby, trying not to breathe chlorine and die.
Spoiler: Toby D'Termina (click to show/hide)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • "Lest he be compelled to labor."
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: August 10, 2016, 07:37:24 am »

((I think this building is too cheap for things like "windows" or "safety regulations".))
It is good to choose your battles. It is better to choose your wars.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: August 10, 2016, 07:49:10 am »

((probably. I figure we'll end up going up the elevator, if there isn't a second stairwell in the utility room. Because chokepoints!))
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 20