Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 20

Author Topic: ER: REDUX Exhibition Mission (Falcon punch!)  (Read 36797 times)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: ER: REDUX Exhibition Mission (Falcon punch!)
« Reply #210 on: August 10, 2016, 10:12:59 am »

Shoot the corpse in the head for good measure. Afterwards, keep following Miller.

Blakn
Spoiler: Phillip J. Asshole (click to show/hide)
You stare at the corpse, squinting, considering. Then, rather than continue having to think, you whip out your SMG and fire a burst into the body. You let the recoil guide your hand upward, putting a nice line of holes from sternum to forehead. The body sides down from where it was laying against the wall and flops onto the floor. Blood oozes out, slow and lethargic, guided only by gravity. If the guy wasn't dead before, he is extremely dead now.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

"Bastards aren't... Stupid enough to leave us... Clues, huh?"

Catch up with the group. Aim gun at potential threats.
You catch up with the group and find them crouched around a bullet ridden corpse. You consider the corpse for a moment and decide that it probably isn't a threat. Xerox machine...also probably not a threat. Copier is a potential hazard, but its probably alright for the moment. You instead keep your weapon pointed out the door, just in case a giant...uh...maybe like a shrimp man? Or praying mantis guy? Possibly rat person would be cool...yeah in case one of those things shows up.

Investigate the corpse, see if there's any sign of what killed him.

Spoiler: chaotic (click to show/hide)
You walk over toward the corpse and bend down to inspect it when Asshole suddenly shoots it. You dive to the side, ears ringing, and cover your head.  As soon as the shooting stops you jump back up to your feet and start yelling.

"Really man! I was gonna inspect the body? You know? Get some clues as to what the hell is going on?"

Asshole chews air for a moment before responding. "I was just...ya know. Could'a been a..a...a thing."

"What thing?"

"You know...one of them...things..."

"I really don't know what you're talking about."

"Like a chest burster or...maybe he was gonna turn into a werewolf or...sumthing. I dunno...but its safe now."

"Yeah, it's also gonna be a lot harder to tell what killed him with a bunch of freaking bullet holes in him!"

"Just s'like...look fur stuff that ain't bullets. Right? Simple."

You sigh and turn back to the body. You look it over and find that the neck is swollen and distended. You probe the area a bit and it seems like the throat is blocked. That's probably the cause of death but you can't tell whats blocking it without cutting the body open.

"Well. He's unhelpful. Off to the mechanical room of doom then."

Wait for teammates to make sure the corpse is actually a corpse and not an alien death penii in disguise. Go to the unlabeled door in the southeast room and listen to it. Try the handle if nothing extraordinarily hostile is heard. Shoot out the lock or let a teammate cut open the door.

Have the WP grenade and the pistol at the ready, to burn and put holes into respectively, for anything that's hostile that comes at us. Otherwise, explore and search. Carefully.

Spoiler: Grant Miller (click to show/hide)

You head back to the supply room and listen at the far door. You hear the same humming, and a more subtle metallic banging noise, but nothing that sounds particularly alive or hostile. So you try the door, and then try the door again after shooting it a few times. The door leads to a much less finished corridor, one with plain concrete walls and bare bulbs. It takes a sharp right and leads to the facilities room, where things like air conditioning, the water heaters and the main electrical breaker are kept. Also the place the janitor likes to hang out, if the chair, table, portable tv and various magazines are anything to go by. No one in here now though.

Have we seen any windows, fire exits, or the like? Signs perhaps, pointing toward such? If so, Toby suggests we try the external route upward. If not, he checks the janitorial closet (and store room, etc) for a pry bar and heads over to the elevator. If the elevator is on this floor, he presses the call button. Otherwise, he chills in the lobby, trying not to breathe chlorine and die.
Spoiler: Toby D'Termina (click to show/hide)
The only windows you've seen are those in the front lobby; this place is otherwise an impenetrable brick of a building.

As per the rest of that plan, I'll remind you that the janitor closet is the source of the chlorine gas.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: August 10, 2016, 07:40:28 pm »

So, the chlorine gas, which is heavier than air, hasn't settled, spread, and essentially dissipated yet? Okay, I'll just stick with the group then.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #212 on: August 10, 2016, 07:53:47 pm »

So, the chlorine gas, which is heavier than air, hasn't settled, spread, and essentially dissipated yet? Okay, I'll just stick with the group then.

It mostly has, but the janitor closet is a big pool of spilled chemicals. So maybe get someone with a sealed suit to get it.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: August 10, 2016, 08:01:04 pm »

Fair enough. Staying the hell away from toxic wasteland, that's Poisoned Mutant Toby's motto.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • "Lest he be compelled to labor."
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: August 10, 2016, 08:11:24 pm »

"Pff, whatever."
Do the overwatch thang.

-1 ammo
It is good to choose your battles. It is better to choose your wars.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: August 10, 2016, 08:57:19 pm »

« Last Edit: August 10, 2016, 08:59:26 pm by Egan_BW »

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
  • This god shows no mercy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: August 10, 2016, 09:04:21 pm »

An example of said musings.

example
« Last Edit: August 10, 2016, 09:08:23 pm by MidnightJaguar »
23:31:46 <pancaeks> "Today on mystery science with the eggheads: we created these sentient crystal people, now we're going to find out if they explode!"

MainPiston: Epilogue.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: August 11, 2016, 04:58:30 am »

Spoiler: Cai "Rat People" Cain (click to show/hide)

"Guys... Maybe a short rest? I think the floor is clear."

Continue doing the thing.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #218 on: August 11, 2016, 08:12:51 am »

Edit: Fist weapons are now melee.

Caveat: One of you guys should try doing wrestling against a more reasonably sized enemy if you ever see one. Wrestling can do lots of damage. Much like DF.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2016, 08:15:44 am by piecewise »

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: August 11, 2016, 09:32:06 am »

Okay, you let us know when a puppy or small child comes by, and I'll give that wrestling thing a go.

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: August 11, 2016, 12:43:33 pm »

((Shit, forgot to post here))

I agree with Cai. A short rest wouldn't hurt for some of our more injured people."

One vote for short rest. Stay on overwatch maybe?

Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: August 11, 2016, 02:16:19 pm »

((Seems reasonable that people with full HP should give overwatch to people who need a rest. The only damage I've taken is to my shield, and a rest won't fix that, so I may as well abstain.))

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #222 on: August 11, 2016, 02:44:15 pm »

"Pff, whatever."
Do the overwatch thang.

-1 ammo
Spoiler: Cai "Rat People" Cain (click to show/hide)

"Guys... Maybe a short rest? I think the floor is clear."

Continue doing the thing.
((Shit, forgot to post here))

I agree with Cai. A short rest wouldn't hurt for some of our more injured people."

One vote for short rest. Stay on overwatch maybe?

So a short rest it is!

You all take a seat in the copy room and rest up. Toby's teeth finish falling out and he now has an oversized deep sea fish style fangy maw, but mentally he remains unchanged. Kind of hard to understand though.

Everyone's HP is reset to full. The closet is now inert. Those of you on drugs have about 30 minutes left on their use.

chaotic skies

• Bay Watcher
  • Vibing in anti-space
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: August 11, 2016, 03:38:17 pm »

Spoiler: Chaotic (click to show/hide)

Go to the lobby, enter elevator. Wait for others.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2016, 09:45:36 pm by chaotic skies »
Don't let me start a forum game, smack me with a paper towel roll if needed

Professional Thread Necromancer

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: August 11, 2016, 04:51:25 pm »

Do a quick search for another way up, besides the destroyed stairs and elevator. If one can't be found, go with Chaotic. Switch ammo back to AP.

Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 20