Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69 70

Author Topic: Grunts  (Read 126688 times)

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
  • Unrelated to DukePorkins
    • View Profile
Re: Grunts
« Reply #1005 on: January 26, 2017, 01:22:04 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Grumble to myself, head towards base. Whisper rude remark about seargent under breath.
Ïlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1006 on: January 26, 2017, 03:10:58 pm »

With that taken care of, take a moment to rip one of that thing's teeth out with... well, I'm sure there's something I can use in the backpack. Then shoot up the door.
I would ask why fire can burn two men to death without getting hot enough to burn a book, but then I read "INEXTINGUISHABLE RUNNING KAMIKAZE RADIOACTIVE FLAMING ZOMBIE" and realized that logic, reason, and physics are all occupied with crying in the corner right now.

Zormod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1007 on: January 26, 2017, 03:27:13 pm »

That guy probably knows what's going on here, so follow those instructions.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #1008 on: January 28, 2017, 10:06:52 pm »

Battle 3 Round 17
Once again, individual actions and rolls. hope you guys don't mind too much.

Request a 'nade and toss it into the tower.
(1) you bounce one off the side of the tower! incoming!
(1) welp, that was a decidedly stupid way to die.

Land on the other side of the phymad from the functioning towers. If I see any Other Guystm shoot them
(3) you land successfully. Your Space Pteranodon nibbles at some entrails. Ain't no one left alive out here.
... sooooooo. Gonna name that mount? Or give it a designation?

Open north door check if our allies are there before  shooting
(1) you kick the door hard, and nearly break your foot. Gonna take more than that to open that one.
(2) a stack of whatever is stored in this room falls on you, pinning you. You aren't maimed, just pinned.

(Nah, my Heavy just doesn't have it in him to remember or recognize what the thing is.)

Unopenable door can't be open, take new dead noise weapon in to noise pen.
(6) hey, look at that. Your new noise weapon also makes a handy stepstool. You can probably reach the little trap door at the top of the noise pen if you stretch a little.

Spoiler: Re004 (click to show/hide)

"KiLLINg PLeopoiaejse I kailLl Yu hA."

Enter ziggurat, charge up to floor 3 while smearing gum all over my face.

Also, I don't want to be an asshat, but would providing suppressing fire and saving my fellow grunts be CP worthy?
If you are consistent with it, sure. You can have the CP: Support. That will go toward unlocking some auxiliary classes, I guess.
(2)You run up to the third floor and drop your artificial gum flavored chewing resin on the floor.
(5) and join the two grunts hiding behind the wall.

Spoiler: HC007 (click to show/hide)
((Spawn as whatever my last CP unlocked, probably some sort of light cavalry.)) Address Grunt 021. "We did a fine thing there grunt, a fine thing; But we left one of our own behind, and we never leave our own behind. Prepare to move out! We ride for Grunt 002!

Spoiler: Grunt021 (click to show/hide)
((Assumedly he received the same CP as I did, since he was in the same charge. Spawn as an identical, albeit lower ranking version of HC007. ))
Be addressed. Be inspired. Remember Grunt 002 fondly.
You two spawn as low level shock troops. You get one armor level each, with spikes which will help in melee combat and prevent unwanted hugs and compliments. HC is still a slightly better version than the grunt. (4)(5) you inspire and he is inspired. heck, you each get a +1 on your next attack action.

Grumble to myself, head towards base. Whisper rude remark about seargent under breath.

(6) you grumble like an infantryman being sent to certain death by an asshole he hates and for a cause he knows nothing about. The Sergeant appears unimpressed.
You arrive at the ziggurat and stand in the open field yelling curses at the swamp. and the swamp things crawling up out of the ground.
(2) one of the monsters decides that the noisy grouch should just shut the fuck up and die already, and proceeds to attempt to make that happen. It tears one of your legs off and starts beating you with it.

With that taken care of, take a moment to rip one of that thing's teeth out with... well, I'm sure there's something I can use in the backpack. Then shoot up the door.
You get the tooth, no problem. (3) you put some holes in the door near where you assume a latch might be. Did it work?

That guy probably knows what's going on here, so follow those instructions.
You and a third grunt join Shushy McQuiet the fuck downface near the wall. you hear the sounds of The Other GuysTM in the hall around the corner. Sounds like they know you are there. Or at least suspect that you are.

Instructions:
Respawn wherever you like, up to wherever combat is happening. just not in places still held by The Other GuysTM

Floor -1 2 rooms of horrifying genetic abominations cleared. two of our heros remain locked in the horrifying abomination testing rooms
floor 0(aka outside) two guard towers on the west are still active, and some of the horrifying abominations from below are starting to leak out and eat grunts
Floor 1: Clear
Floor 2: Clear
Floor 3: recontested
Floor 4 clear
Floor 5 in enemy hands

So, after this battle wraps up, I am going to take a little time to get this game organized. I will work my way through the thread, recording all the CPs, equipment, and classes, as well as some miscellaneous stuff. I'll make a second OP, and link it in the first OP. It will be the same game, but somewhat overhauled so it's slightly more comprehensible and so that you guys can get a clearer sense of progression, which I think is lacking at this point. This process will likely take a week or two. While I am doing that, fel free to use the thread for rp amongst yourselves, or asking questions or making comments. I'll probably reply.

And thanks for joining me on these adventures!

Rethi-Eli

• Bay Watcher
  • I came for the LNP, I stayed for the RTDs.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1009 on: January 28, 2017, 11:30:30 pm »

Since this thread will soon be inactive, I'd just like to say how wonderful of a game this is.
In the end, the winner is the one with the most snake venom.

helmacon

• Bay Watcher
  • Just a smol Angel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1010 on: January 28, 2017, 11:50:20 pm »

Fix Bayonets! Charge to floor 3! Don't stop until you find Grunt 002 or die!
((receives +1 to next attack action.))
Grunt 021 charges with fire in his heart and iron in his eyes. Time to break the enemy's front lines!
Science is Meta gaming IRL. Humans are cheating fucks.

ziizo

• Bay Watcher
  • Tired and Lazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1011 on: January 29, 2017, 02:46:37 am »

PANIC. Accidentally remove the stuff pinning you with your random panicked movements
« Last Edit: January 29, 2017, 05:21:32 pm by ziizo »
GG, Ziizo. May my spirit live on in your boobs.

Yottawhat

• Bay Watcher
  • New face, new look.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1012 on: January 29, 2017, 10:22:16 am »

Take Noise corpse and go through trapdoor.
(1) You start forward with determination and certainty. You carry this determination with you right into the gaping crater that opens under your feet. You fall into a pit. The sounds of combat above dim, along with the light from the suns. In the quiet below, you hear some other noises instead.

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #1013 on: January 29, 2017, 10:32:47 am »

Note that I chose shooter for my class.
Spawn a little ways from combat and start sniping.
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

Zormod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1014 on: January 29, 2017, 02:16:15 pm »

Coordinate with the other two grunts. Wait for the Other GuysTM to come a bit closer before exiting cover and firing, followed closely by entering some other cover.

Rethi-Eli

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1015 on: January 29, 2017, 07:10:43 pm »

"Sggrr."

Provide suppressing fire for Zr009 while they advance. If I see an opening, charge.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #1016 on: February 02, 2017, 08:09:41 pm »

Since this thread will soon be inactive, I'd just like to say how wonderful of a game this is.
thank you! that means a lot.

Fix Bayonets! Charge to floor 3! Don't stop until you find Grunt 002 or die!
Grunt 021 charges with fire in his heart and iron in his eyes. Time to break the enemy's front lines!
(1)(1) hoooooooooooo. You guys are lost. Where in the ziggurat did you end up? Some shelving suddenly decides that you would make a lovely meal and flies in your direction! (6)(4) but you both duck and roll, and the shelving clangs harmlessly against the wall. You stand up, and look to where hte shelving came from. Did that guy just throw a bunch of shelving at you? Is ... is that a grunt?

PANIC. Accidentally remove the stuff pinning you with your random panicked movements

(6) you kick the shelving away from you. You stand up, dust off, and look up to see two befuddled grunts staring open mouthed at you.

Take Noise corpse and go through trapdoor.
(3) yo ustand on noisecorpse and climb out. You can't quite reach noisecorpse from up here though, to get it out.

Note that I chose shooter for my class.
Spawn a little ways from combat and start sniping.
(4) You begin picking off mutants as they crawl out of the ground around teh ziggurat. "Who Let the horrible abomidogs out? Who? Who? Who who who?" You hoot to yourself as you fire.

Coordinate with the other two grunts. Wait for the Other GuysTM to come a bit closer before exiting cover and firing, followed closely by entering some other cover.

"Sggrr."

Provide suppressing fire for Zr009 while they advance. If I see an opening, charge.
(4)(2) Zr009 fires as The Other GuysTm advance, catching them off guard and wounding a guy! RE004 fires as well, but misses. Thetwo retreat back to a doorway, ducking in as The Other GuysTM round the corner.

Rethi-Eli

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1017 on: February 02, 2017, 09:47:28 pm »

"SSGGGRRR."

Spray bullets at the hostiles, covering Zr009's tactical retreat. Kill as many of the enemy as I can before ducking behind cover again. Put murdering the enemy in top priority, even above self-preservation.

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #1018 on: February 03, 2017, 12:20:07 am »

Continue firing.
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

helmacon

• Bay Watcher
  • Just a smol Angel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1019 on: February 03, 2017, 01:23:42 am »

Call out to the other grunt. "Join us brother! The Grunt tide gathers momentum!"
Keep sprinting through the ziggurat, looking for enemy lines to break into.

((Receives +1 to next attack action))

Spoiler: 021 (click to show/hide)
"Where they at, where they at?!  Let me at um!!"
Follow HC007's charge.

((Receives +1 to next attack action))
Science is Meta gaming IRL. Humans are cheating fucks.
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69 70