Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 70

Author Topic: Grunts  (Read 128457 times)

Yottawhat

• Bay Watcher
  • New face, new look.
    • View Profile
Re: Grunts
« Reply #990 on: January 21, 2017, 11:32:29 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Take dead noise and throw it at unopenable door to open.
(1) You start forward with determination and certainty. You carry this determination with you right into the gaping crater that opens under your feet. You fall into a pit. The sounds of combat above dim, along with the light from the suns. In the quiet below, you hear some other noises instead.

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
  • Unrelated to DukePorkins
    • View Profile
« Reply #991 on: January 22, 2017, 12:52:25 pm »

(I assume being Shooter means I get like a carbine for medium range combat.)

Wait in Pod.
Ïlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #992 on: January 22, 2017, 03:51:44 pm »

Spray some laser fire into the den. Don't want anything coming up behind as I'm working on the door. Also make a mental note to rip out one of that thing's teeth as a souvenir if I live through this.
I would ask why fire can burn two men to death without getting hot enough to burn a book, but then I read "INEXTINGUISHABLE RUNNING KAMIKAZE RADIOACTIVE FLAMING ZOMBIE" and realized that logic, reason, and physics are all occupied with crying in the corner right now.

ziizo

• Bay Watcher
  • Tired and Lazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #993 on: January 22, 2017, 07:36:45 pm »

Go to floor -1 in case they need your Mutant legs to kill these Mutant animals and to steal the Mutant drugs
« Last Edit: January 22, 2017, 09:09:14 pm by ziizo »
GG, Ziizo. May my spirit live on in your boobs.

Rethi-Eli

• Bay Watcher
  • I came for the LNP, I stayed for the RTDs.
    • View Profile
« Reply #994 on: January 22, 2017, 09:18:56 pm »

Spoiler: Re003 (click to show/hide)

"Err... I guess I'll follow you then. Onwards, comrade!"

Attempt to shoot a few guys in the guard tower.
In the end, the winner is the one with the most snake venom.

Zormod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #995 on: January 22, 2017, 09:51:30 pm »

Going up.

helmacon

• Bay Watcher
  • Just a smol Angel
    • View Profile
« Reply #996 on: January 23, 2017, 04:19:20 pm »

Spoiler: HC006 (click to show/hide)

"Now is the time men! For Glory!!" Charge with my carbine in my right hand and wave my left stump menacingly when possible.

Spoiler: Grunt01 (click to show/hide)
Charge! Scream warcries with renewed vigor!

Spoiler: Grunt02 (click to show/hide)

Charge with a high pitched scream!
Science is Meta gaming IRL. Humans are cheating fucks.

Ansgar111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #997 on: January 23, 2017, 05:47:38 pm »

PTW, this is glorious. Maybe I'll join after my exams :)

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #998 on: January 25, 2017, 07:28:35 pm »

Battle 3 Round 16
Once again, individual actions and rolls. hope you guys don't mind too much.

Finish him off and move on to the next tower
(4) you hit another guy in the same tower. He is wounded as well. Looks like there are three or four in each tower.
(5) the tower goes quiet. You hear some shuffling around up there.

((You should totally give me a CP for that hammy gloat.))

Find a nice supplies cabinet on level 2 to "secure". Hide in there along with captives and grunts.

Quote from: Grunt 1
Spoiler: OGnt001 (click to show/hide)

Lose consciousness.
Quote from: Grunt 2
Spoiler: OGnt002 (click to show/hide)

Get out space-phone and slack off.
Sure, sure. CP: "that was a bit much, don't you think?" A note will also be added to your permanent record.
(3)(3)(1) You begin herding your captives toward floor 2. It's an awkward shuffle and you and the Grunts have a moment of confusion where no one is sure what anyone else is doing. In the end, you get everyone in a line, with Grunt 1 at the front, you at the back and grunt 2 going down the wrong corridor.

(1)(1)(5)Which is the perfect moment for the captives to counterattack. You and Grunt 1 are overwhelmed and shot down. Grunt 2, being in the wrong corridor, escapes for this round. his fate will remain unknown.

Platoon 1
Designation: KH010 Lancer
Unit type: Elite Cavalry
Health: fine
Inventory: Electrolance, shoggoth gun, Flying mount (Space Pteranodon (armored)), gum
Character points: Hates bugs, first aid, Mutilate corpse, Mount THIS

destroy the guard towers through ramming if my mount would be fine if not just shoot them
Your mount wouldn't be okay with that. She's a Space Pteranodon, not a Space Triceretops. Sheesh. (4) you fire your gun. a series of holes appears in the side of the (6) southernmost tower. A spray of fragments flies out the other side of said tower. The tower does not collapse, but you are pretty sure it has been neutralized.

(3)your mount takes a shot. The armor absorbs the blow, but you are going to need to land for a round for the mount to reorient. Otherwise you'll start taking penalties to a flight roll.

Take dead noise and throw it at unopenable door to open.

Dead noise ... Oh, I never gave you much of a description of the abomination. Wait a minute .. .are you making fun of me? Urge to murder rising ...
(2) you lift the beast high over your head, roar, rush forward, and throw with all your might. The thing hits with a wet thud and bounces off.

Got any more bright ideas, heavy? (you do know that your weapon is not broken, right?)

(I assume being Shooter means I get like a carbine for medium range combat.)

Wait in Pod.

Yeah, basically. You get a slight advantage to shoot rolls, especially from good positions like cover or high ground. Not so much from point blank range though.
Your sergeant is looking at you with an impatient frown. You know this because he is shouting at you. "GRUNT! WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR, AN IN-VI-TA-TION? THIS IS NOT SOME FANCY DINNER! GET OUT THERE AND GET SHOOTING! THIS IS MY IMPATIENT FROWN. DO NOT MAKE ME SHOW YOU MY UNHAPPY FROWN!"

Spray some laser fire into the den. Don't want anything coming up behind as I'm working on the door. Also make a mental note to rip out one of that thing's teeth as a souvenir if I live through this.
(2) you shoot some holes in the wall near the den. You crouch down and peer in. Looks unoccupied.

Go to floor -1 in case they need your Mutant legs to kill these Mutant animals and to steal the Mutant drugs

(4) You find the stairs down. They are guarded by a metal gate. You make short work of the gate, and the second gate, and are in. Well, that was absurdly easy. You are in an open area surrounded by empty cages, with a long hallway between the cages leading to the back of the room, where another, more substantial door is located. There are similar doors on each of the other walls, including the one behind the stairwell. (so, one big heavy door on each wall, north, south, east, and west.)

Spoiler: Re003 (click to show/hide)

"Err... I guess I'll follow you then. Onwards, comrade!"

Attempt to shoot a few guys in the guard tower.

(2) Your shots either miss, or ricochet off the rather flimsy armor siding of the tower. "Just testing the material. Looks, uh, looks normal."

(1) Crossfire! The middle tower, having been relatively unopposed for a while now, gets a lucky shot and kills you.

Going up.
You arrive at floor three to see another Grunt (Grunt 2 from Oce's squad) crouched down at teh end of the hall, rifle ready. He makes frantic "shush and get down" Motions at you.

Spoiler: HC006 (click to show/hide)

"Now is the time men! For Glory!!" Charge with my carbine in my right hand and wave my left stump menacingly when possible.

Spoiler: Grunt01 (click to show/hide)
Charge! Scream warcries with renewed vigor!

Spoiler: Grunt02 (click to show/hide)

Charge with a high pitched scream!
(6+1)(3+1)(4+1)
You overwhelm your foes! it is a bloodbath! Glory is had by the survivors! The survivors being: (1)(2)(6) Grunt 2, who was maimed in the leg near where genitals would otherwise be, had he not, like all the rest of you, been spawned in a gel.

You and Grunt 1 are dead though. How unfortunate. You get a CP, though: "ChargeLimping Lurch of the Light Brigade."

Instructions:
Respawn wherever you like, up to wherever combat is happening. just not in places still held by The Other GuysTM

Floor -1 2 rooms of horrifying genetic abominations cleared. two of our heros remain locked in the horrifying abomination testing rooms
floor 0(aka outside) two guard towers on the west are still active, and some of the horrifying abominations from below are starting to leak out and eat grunts
Floor 1: Clear
Floor 2: Clear
Floor 3: recontested
Floor 4 clear
Floor 5 in enemy hands

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #999 on: January 25, 2017, 07:41:51 pm »

Request a 'nade and toss it into the tower.
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1000 on: January 25, 2017, 08:22:21 pm »

Land on the other side of the phymad from the functioning towers. If I see any Other Guystm shoot them
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

ziizo

• Bay Watcher
  • Tired and Lazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1001 on: January 25, 2017, 08:57:01 pm »

Open north door check if our allies are there before  shooting
GG, Ziizo. May my spirit live on in your boobs.

Yottawhat

• Bay Watcher
  • New face, new look.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1002 on: January 25, 2017, 10:35:20 pm »

(Nah, my Heavy just doesn't have it in him to remember or recognize what the thing is.)

Unopenable door can't be open, take new dead noise weapon in to noise pen.
(1) You start forward with determination and certainty. You carry this determination with you right into the gaping crater that opens under your feet. You fall into a pit. The sounds of combat above dim, along with the light from the suns. In the quiet below, you hear some other noises instead.

Rethi-Eli

• Bay Watcher
  • I came for the LNP, I stayed for the RTDs.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1003 on: January 25, 2017, 10:38:27 pm »

Spoiler: Re004 (click to show/hide)

"KiLLINg PLeopoiaejse I kailLl Yu hA."

Enter ziggurat, charge up to floor 3 while smearing gum all over my face.

Also, I don't want to be an asshat, but would providing suppressing fire and saving my fellow grunts be CP worthy?
In the end, the winner is the one with the most snake venom.

helmacon

• Bay Watcher
  • Just a smol Angel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1004 on: January 26, 2017, 11:50:52 am »

Spoiler: HC007 (click to show/hide)
((Spawn as whatever my last CP unlocked, probably some sort of light cavalry.)) Address Grunt 021. "We did a fine thing there grunt, a fine thing; But we left one of our own behind, and we never leave our own behind. Prepare to move out! We ride for Grunt 002!

Spoiler: Grunt021 (click to show/hide)
((Assumedly he received the same CP as I did, since he was in the same charge. Spawn as an identical, albeit lower ranking version of HC007. ))
Be addressed. Be inspired. Remember Grunt 002 fondly.
Science is Meta gaming IRL. Humans are cheating fucks.
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 70