Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Worldmap: What style would you prefer?

Icons, like ASCII but prettier.
Hand-drawn, like an old-timey sepia map.
Full graphics, like JRPGs with full-on sprites.
Same as the tileset ingame. Forests would use the tree sprite, mountains a rock sprite, etc.
Other. Please post your ideas/examples.

Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 187

Author Topic: ☼Meph Tileset☼ V5.5 (32x32) - 47.05 - offline  (Read 876500 times)

mifki

• Bay Watcher
  • works secretly...
    • View Profile
    • mifki
Re: ☼Meph Tileset☼ V1.8 - 32x - 44.03 - Win/Mac/Linux - Updated 2nd January
« Reply #450 on: January 04, 2018, 07:48:49 pm »

I'm having a look at your save. It must be a twbt bug. It has the same output in the print-twbt-override script, both items use overrides, both items use transparencies, and both pedestals are of the same quality/material.

If you press "c" to stop displaying it, you see the crown. If you put it back on display, you see the crown, till you move the view once. As soon as twbt/df has to redraw the tiles, the crown turns invisible.

I noticed some time ago that tiles seem to be "dragged around" when you move the view. It's an old bug (possibly already fixed, haven't played in a while) and i don't know if it's related, but it's for sure due to twbt.
In my varios cases were usually bridge tiles that changed to wall ones when moving the visual or farm plots dragging on black tiles.
Welcome back, btw. Awesome work with the tileset.

With tilesets like Meph's, "twbt redraw_all 1" must be used.

IlFedaykin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: January 04, 2018, 08:29:47 pm »

I see, I was mistaken. Thanks for the mod, anyway, it really makes wonderful things possible.

mifki

• Bay Watcher
  • works secretly...
    • View Profile
    • mifki
« Reply #452 on: January 04, 2018, 08:38:59 pm »

I see, I was mistaken. Thanks for the mod, anyway, it really makes wonderful things possible.

Not your fault, Meph should have this in his dfhack.init actually, don't know why he didn't notice problems without it.

jecowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: January 04, 2018, 08:41:17 pm »

Is this because nearly everything in the pack is using overrides?

Is the disadvantage to this feature that it requires more GPU power?

mifki

• Bay Watcher
  • works secretly...
    • View Profile
    • mifki
« Reply #454 on: January 04, 2018, 08:59:22 pm »

Is this because nearly everything in the pack is using overrides?

Is the disadvantage to this feature that it requires more GPU power?

It's required when there are many overrides for a single tile number, usually affecting terrain. In that case it may happen that neither a tile nor its colour in the buffer changes when scrolling but still has to be processed because after overrides it will be different. With this option TWBT processes all tiles every frame.

Not GPU but yeah it requires more processing, but we don't have a choice anyway. Eventually TWBT will undergo a major rewrite which is required to support multiple GPU textures and overrides for all workshop tiles, and I'm going to change (hopefully also meaning optimise) how the tiles are processed, and this option won't be needed.

jecowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: January 05, 2018, 12:07:42 am »

I like the optimizations in the creature graphics in 1.8. And I like all your commenting in the raws. Those are always educational.

In the main graphics tilesheet on tile 219 (the full "box" of the box characters), there's a little strip in the alpha channel that might be miscolored. It's noticeable in the mining designations:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
But maybe it's supposed to be a glare.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #456 on: January 05, 2018, 01:37:45 am »

The tiles that are "drawn" around:
twbt redraw_all 0|1 This command controls the full redraw mode, in which all tiles are updated each frame - useful for some tilesets in case of graphics issues when scrolling.

Mifki did indeed fix it, but it's off by default since the script works harder when it's on, possibly affecting framerate.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Kromtec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: January 05, 2018, 02:33:57 am »

Those chambers look very royal :) Are the walls engraved or just smoothed?
Yes, the walls are all engraved. My main engraver has an obsession with a peregrin falcon woman who is the sheriff of my civilization, so most of the engravings are about her.  ;D

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #458 on: January 05, 2018, 02:50:41 am »

tundra_taiga_new:
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Kromtec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: January 05, 2018, 04:38:27 am »

Papaya tree trunks have a stair sprite.

jecowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: January 05, 2018, 05:17:34 am »

I think I see the problem. It looks like maybe there is a papaya fruit attached to the trunk of the papaya tree. The same thing might be happening to Bananas and Dates. Most fruits attach themselves to the branches, but Papaya, Banana, and Date attach to the trunk of the tree. These are the current overrides for the papaya fruit:

Code: [Select]
[OVERRIDE:60:T:TreeBranches:_MDF_overrides_2:60] papaya
[OVERRIDE:60:T:TreeBranchesSmooth:_MDF_overrides_2:60]
[OVERRIDE:60:T:TreeTwigs:_MDF_overrides_2:60]

I'm wondering if it needs to have an override that specifies the trunk of the tree instead of the branches. I'm not very familiar with overrides codes, but you might try adding this to your overrides.txt file:

[OVERRIDE:60:T:TreeTrunk:_MDF_overrides_2:60]
[OVERRIDE:60:T:TreeTrunkInterior:_MDF_overrides_2:60]
[OVERRIDE:60:T:TreeTrunkSloping:_MDF_overrides_2:60]
[OVERRIDE:60:T:TreeTrunkPillar:_MDF_overrides_2:60]
[OVERRIDE:60:T:TreeCap:_MDF_overrides_2:60]
[OVERRIDE:60:T:TreeCapPillar:_MDF_overrides_2:60]
[OVERRIDE:60:T:TreeCapRamp:_MDF_overrides_2:60]
[OVERRIDE:60:T:Trunk:_MDF_overrides_2:60]

Maybe one of those will work.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #461 on: January 05, 2018, 05:39:50 am »

Please let me know if that fixes it. Trees are very hard to test, since I can't spawn them or find specific ones at embark.

I'm currently re-doing cavern creatures.

Gorlak. A small, round humanoid found wandering the caves deep underground.  Most of its body is taken up by a huge tusked mouth.

Gorlaks are small good-aligned humanoids encountered in cavern areas. Despite their appearance they are mostly harmless, although will prove to be an annoyance due to spamming cancelled jobs, and occasional weak attacks against animals or sleeping dwarves. Easily dispatched by even a novice military dwarf and/or most civilians. Gorlaks can learn, so they may visit a fortress.

I hope to one day see some visiting a fort. :D

Kromtec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: January 05, 2018, 06:24:29 am »

I think I see the problem. It looks like maybe there is a papaya fruit attached to the trunk of the papaya tree. The same thing might be happening to Bananas and Dates. Most fruits attach themselves to the branches, but Papaya, Banana, and Date attach to the trunk of the tree. These are the current overrides for the papaya fruit:

[OVERRIDE:60:T:TreeBranches:_MDF_overrides_2:60] papaya
[OVERRIDE:60:T:TreeBranchesSmooth:_MDF_overrides_2:60]
[OVERRIDE:60:T:TreeTwigs:_MDF_overrides_2:60]

I'm wondering if it needs to have an override that specifies the trunk of the tree instead of the branches. I'm not very familiar with overrides codes, but you might try adding this to your overrides.txt file:

[OVERRIDE:60:T:TreeTrunk:_MDF_overrides_2:60]
[OVERRIDE:60:T:TreeTrunkInterior:_MDF_overrides_2:60]
[OVERRIDE:60:T:TreeTrunkSloping:_MDF_overrides_2:60]
[OVERRIDE:60:T:TreeTrunkPillar:_MDF_overrides_2:60]
[OVERRIDE:60:T:TreeCap:_MDF_overrides_2:60]
[OVERRIDE:60:T:TreeCapPillar:_MDF_overrides_2:60]
[OVERRIDE:60:T:TreeCapRamp:_MDF_overrides_2:60]
[OVERRIDE:60:T:Trunk:_MDF_overrides_2:60]

Maybe one of those will work.

Thanks, that worked!

These lines where invalid though:

Please let me know if that fixes it. Trees are very hard to test, since I can't spawn them or find specific ones at embark.

I'm currently re-doing cavern creatures.

Gorlak. A small, round humanoid found wandering the caves deep underground.  Most of its body is taken up by a huge tusked mouth.

Gorlaks are small good-aligned humanoids encountered in cavern areas. Despite their appearance they are mostly harmless, although will prove to be an annoyance due to spamming cancelled jobs, and occasional weak attacks against animals or sleeping dwarves. Easily dispatched by even a novice military dwarf and/or most civilians. Gorlaks can learn, so they may visit a fortress.

I hope to one day see some visiting a fort. :D
Wow, now I want a gorlak scholar in my library.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #463 on: January 05, 2018, 06:46:52 am »

Perfect, I'll add the fix for fruits-on-trunks asap.

How about plump helmet men?

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #464 on: January 05, 2018, 06:59:28 am »

You might want to remove the tiny faces on them, since, well, they don't actually have any (unless the MW version is different) - Gorlaks also have more of a goldenrod skin colour than green (IIRC thats their only skin colour option too - not sure why whoever drew the wiki image made them green - then again cutebolds are also a thing despite DF kobolds not being that at all).

Fun fact - PHM are more like "mushroom golems" than "mushroom people". They don't even have fingers or toes.

I admit that this tileset seems to go for a bit sillyness, going from the Spongebob and Sonic tiles, so maybe aside from tiny moustaches you could have TF2 spy-masks on the spies.
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 187