Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Worldmap: What style would you prefer?

Icons, like ASCII but prettier.
Hand-drawn, like an old-timey sepia map.
Full graphics, like JRPGs with full-on sprites.
Same as the tileset ingame. Forests would use the tree sprite, mountains a rock sprite, etc.
Other. Please post your ideas/examples.

Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 187

Author Topic: ☼Meph Tileset☼ V5.5 (32x32) - 47.05 - offline  (Read 878293 times)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: ☼Meph Tileset☼ V2 - 32x - 44.03 - Win/Mac/Linux - Updated 9th January
« Reply #615 on: January 09, 2018, 03:22:27 pm »

Only works on the current zlvl.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Novaris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #616 on: January 09, 2018, 03:51:41 pm »

When molten items or dwarfs pass over te bridge tiles the background changes to a wall

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #618 on: January 09, 2018, 04:27:19 pm »

I use twbt 6.30. Didn't realize that you made another release. I make a quick test with 6.31.

Edit: Yep, you did indeed fix it. :)
« Last Edit: January 09, 2018, 04:29:37 pm by Meph »
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

tnuhnivad

• Bay Watcher
  • <dorf> has been possessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #619 on: January 09, 2018, 04:30:33 pm »

Hey Meph,
you actually responded to me on reddit, but, I figured it'd be better to post here. I love your work here, but, I am struggling to get this to work with the latest P.E. Starter Pack and all of its lifesaving functions I cant seems to break my dependency on. If you or anyone one could either submit something to download or give a detailed explanation on how to install this tile set with all the current features: art works, seasonal changes, world map tile set, extra dwarves, etc. into the LNP I'd be forever thankful!
« Last Edit: January 09, 2018, 04:32:52 pm by tnuhnivad »

Novaris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #620 on: January 09, 2018, 04:36:59 pm »

really? I just ran it and see this:

the left part is one level lower than the marksdwarves

Novaris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #622 on: January 09, 2018, 04:41:20 pm »

yes but interestingly it works on z0 and dfhack.init says:
multilevel 1
twbt unit_transparency 1
twbt workshop_transparency 1

and onload.init
twbt redraw_all 1
multilevel 8
multilevel fogcolor 0.1 0.1 0.3
multilevel shadowcolor 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.35

Also, in 6.31, dwarfes in stockpiles have a black background but back in 6.30 they do not
« Last Edit: January 09, 2018, 04:47:56 pm by Novaris »

mifki

• Bay Watcher
  • works secretly...
    • View Profile
    • mifki
« Reply #623 on: January 09, 2018, 04:57:44 pm »

Yep, my fault, wrong console output.

Also, in 6.31, dwarfes in stockpiles have a black background but back in 6.30 they do not

I mentioned somewhere that the difference between 6.30 and 6.31 is how it renders unit on building on terrain - 6.30 renders unit and terrain (because two levels only are supported), and 6.31 renders unit and building. In either case there may be some issues because of this limitation, just need to choose one of these options. Although you can consider all this temporary anyway because eventually I'll support rendering all three layers one on top of another.

jecowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #624 on: January 09, 2018, 04:59:12 pm »

I am struggling to get this to work with the latest P.E. Starter Pack and all of its lifesaving functions I cant seems to break my dependency on. If you or anyone one could either submit something to download or give a detailed explanation on how to install this tile set with all the current features: art works, seasonal changes, world map tile set, extra dwarves, etc. into the LNP I'd be forever thankful!

This is kind of complicated. The LNP includes a version without the decorations (paintings, pedestals that show the pedestal below the item on top, wooden floors, campfires.) You can add those features in, but save files made with the or that you install it into will not be compatible with the vanilla game anymore. (So you wouldn't want to do this in a community save unless everyone else was going to use this tileset too.)

To update the Meph included with the LNP to the latest version, including all the decorational items, download the Meph 32x + Dwarf Fortress for Windows bundle.

And from it, copy the "art" and "init" folders from its /df_44_03_win/data/ folder into the /LNP/graphics/Meph/data/ folder in the Lazy Newb Pack.

And then move the "objects" and "graphic" folders and the "onLoad.init" and "onLoad_twbt_meph.init" files from the /df_44_03_win/raw/ folder to the /LNP/graphics/Meph/raw/ folder.

really? I just ran it and see this:

the left part is one level lower than the marksdwarves

It looks like you moved your save from an older Meph to Meph 2.0 without copying the new onLoad_twbt_meph.init file from the /raw/ folder to your /data/save/regionx/raw/ folder.

Novaris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #625 on: January 09, 2018, 05:03:21 pm »

True this file is missing but contains also the same commands as dfhack.init. let me check

jep still the same.
The weird thing is, when called from an init script it always says 'transparency disabled' even though its enabled but when I type the same command into dfhack afterwards it always says 'enabled' regardless if I write 0 or 1.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2018, 05:07:10 pm by Novaris »

Novaris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #626 on: January 09, 2018, 05:33:53 pm »

Yep, my fault, wrong console output.

I mentioned somewhere that the difference between 6.30 and 6.31 is how it renders unit on building on terrain - 6.30 renders unit and terrain (because two levels only are supported), and 6.31 renders unit and building. In either case there may be some issues because of this limitation, just need to choose one of these options. Although you can consider all this temporary anyway because eventually I'll support rendering all three layers one on top of another.

I will do so :D thanks

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #627 on: January 09, 2018, 05:48:52 pm »

tnuhnivad: What Jecowa said, but in addition to that you also need to generate a new world, and copy the dfhack (just the entire "df_44_03_win/hack" folder) I pack with it. It's different from the LNP version in so far that it includes a whole bunch of custom scripts by Roses, which allow me to change building subtypes in a running game through a reaction. It's absolutely necessary for the new workshops.

Mrok Girl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #628 on: January 09, 2018, 05:51:30 pm »

My console also says TWBT: version 6.30
Unit transparency disabled
Workshop transparency disabled

Also I appear to have a problem with a couple of animals (and an alpaca turning into an aubergine when it walked over some plums some dorfs left on the ground)

Edit:

Also, someone went crazy with the tree colours! My constructed walls look... interesting :)

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 09, 2018, 06:12:25 pm by Mrok Girl »
Newcastle 5 Chambers megaproject.

jecowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #629 on: January 09, 2018, 06:00:40 pm »

It l
My console also says TWBT: version 6.30
Unit transparency disabled
Workshop transparency disabled

Also I appear to have a problem with a couple of animals (and an alpaca turning into an aubergine when it walked over some plums some dorfs left on the ground)

It's an oversight from his efforts to optimize the creature graphics. In your data/save/regionx/raw/graphics/ folder, edit your graphics_large_temperate.txt file and change [PAGE_DIM:18:11] to [PAGE_DIM:18:6] to fix the bear and wolf. Please mention if you find more.

Edit: Alpaca and aubergine / eggplant both use tile 56. This might possibly be a bug with TWBT creature transparency.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2018, 06:13:07 pm by jecowa »
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 187