Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Worldmap: What style would you prefer?

Icons, like ASCII but prettier.
Hand-drawn, like an old-timey sepia map.
Full graphics, like JRPGs with full-on sprites.
Same as the tileset ingame. Forests would use the tree sprite, mountains a rock sprite, etc.
Other. Please post your ideas/examples.

Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 ... 187

Author Topic: ☼Meph Tileset☼ V5.5 (32x32) - 47.05 - offline  (Read 878394 times)

Vordak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼Meph Tileset☼ V2.5 - 32x - 44.09 - Updated 24th April
« Reply #1020 on: April 24, 2018, 01:32:18 pm »

About version 2.5:
1)Tiles of remains from _MDF_trees.png do not match with tiles from _MDF_trees-bg.png
I think it would be wise to do everything as I do in Vordak`s 32x Dwarf Tileset v0.7.1 with addition of a new file _MDF_trees-top.png. I strongly advise you to remove the gray background for the remains.
2)Is it possible to obtain for tiles the bodies of dwarves, elfs, goblins and humans from Meph_32x32.png normal transparency, like for items?
« Last Edit: April 24, 2018, 01:42:08 pm by Vordak »

funkydwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1021 on: April 24, 2018, 03:10:55 pm »

Hooray! Thanks Meph!And the weather!

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1022 on: April 24, 2018, 03:11:51 pm »

About version 2.5:
1)Tiles of remains from _MDF_trees.png do not match with tiles from _MDF_trees-bg.png
I think it would be wise to do everything as I do in Vordak`s 32x Dwarf Tileset v0.7.1 with addition of a new file _MDF_trees-top.png. I strongly advise you to remove the gray background for the remains.
2)Is it possible to obtain for tiles the bodies of dwarves, elfs, goblins and humans from Meph_32x32.png normal transparency, like for items?
1. Thanks for the heads-up. Luckily it doesn't matter, since the ones in _MFD_trees.png have no transparency anyway. I'll have a look at your top/bg files. You often do great work improving things I leave in.
2. Not entirely sure what you mean. You want the civ sprites without any background? If yes, you can pick them from the spoiler.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Vordak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1023 on: April 24, 2018, 03:46:02 pm »

1. Thanks for the heads-up. Luckily it doesn't matter, since the ones in _MFD_trees.png have no transparency anyway. I'll have a look at your top/bg files. You often do great work improving things I leave in.
2. Not entirely sure what you mean. You want the civ sprites without any background? If yes, you can pick them from the spoiler.

1) How then to explain the thing that a spoiler? Transparency for remains in most cases, can be seen. Sometimes remain background is black, but it's rare.
Spoiler: remains (click to show/hide)
2) I understand as follows - since for civilized races use graphics from raw\graphics folder then creature tiles from Meph_32x32.png are used mainly as sprites for dead bodies in fortress mode.
Below the picture with dead goblins. In left pic can be seen that goblin tiles have a background. Would like it was like the picture on the right.
Spoiler: dead goblins (click to show/hide)

Hylum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1024 on: April 24, 2018, 03:46:15 pm »

Awesome Meph! Thanks again for the update, will try it out today after work!
☼MASTERWORK☼

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1025 on: April 24, 2018, 03:51:26 pm »

Vordak:
1. OH! I did not know that. That's great!
2. Ah, I understand. I can give it a try, but DF treats corpses of civ-members in a very special way. I'm not sure if it will work for those. But thank you for the suggestion. I hope it works.

I'd love to make proper corpse-graphics for them, but the same tile is also used for live, caged goblins /dwarves/humans/elves/kobolds.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Vordak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1026 on: April 24, 2018, 04:01:25 pm »

By the way these screenshots from PeridexisErrant's Starter Pack 0.44.09-r01 with jecowa`s overrides.txt. I remind that remains tiles are contained in Meph_32x32.png, _MDF_items.png and _MDF_trees.png.

SenorPez

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼Meph Tileset☼ V2.4 - 32x - 44.07 - Updated 31th March
« Reply #1027 on: April 24, 2018, 04:38:48 pm »

I tested lignite and chalk. It works fine in 2.4.

I downloaded a fresh copy (http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=13407), created a game without changing anything, and am still getting the Chalk and Lignite problem.

Also, TWBT throws an error on startup:
TWBT: invalid override specification OVERRIDE:240:B:UNK_V42_2:Bookcase::_MDF_overrides_1:246

I didn't see another option for getting just the 2.4 graphics, either; the "standalones" are all 2.3.
You can't possibly have the current version, if you have a "B:UNK_V42_2" line in your overrides. That one is commented out in the current version.

Anyway, I just uploaded the new stuff, so maybe give it a go. And delete any old versions you might have.

I downloaded the new file (Tileset Launcher 44.09.rar), extracted it to its own folder (didn't overwrite an old folder), and I'm still getting an error on launch. I included the whole output to show it's running the latest DFHack version?

Code: [Select]
TWBT: version 6.41
TWBT: invalid override specification OVERRIDE:240:B:UNK_V42_2:Bookcase::_MDF_overrides_1:246
Unit transparency enabled
Workshop transparency enabled
Forced redraw mode disabled
DFHack is ready. Have a nice day!
DFHack version 0.44.09-r1 (release) on x86_64
Type in '?' or 'help' for general help, 'ls' to see all commands.
[DFHack]#

Am I missing something that needs to be done, setup-wise? Please help. Thanks.

Pvt. Pirate

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Linux User
    • View Profile
« Reply #1028 on: April 24, 2018, 04:53:22 pm »

Yes, walls will mostly be gray. Only mineral, ore and gem walls will have this feature. So marble walls are still whiteish, granite light gray, gabbro dark gray... I can in theorie standardize all walls to one "gray", and just leave the color in the rock you see.

Lets see how people like it, and if they do like it, I can make this for all rocks.
Nevertheless I will make a proposal. Just an idea for experiments.
Walls have two rims - outer rim could be left gray, and color of the inner rim change.
i like that approach!
"dwarves are by definition alcohol powered parasitic beards, which will cling to small caveadapt humanoids." (Chaia)

gcook725

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: ☼Meph Tileset☼ V2.4 - 32x - 44.07 - Updated 31th March
« Reply #1029 on: April 24, 2018, 05:03:27 pm »

I tested lignite and chalk. It works fine in 2.4.

I downloaded a fresh copy (http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=13407), created a game without changing anything, and am still getting the Chalk and Lignite problem.

Also, TWBT throws an error on startup:

I didn't see another option for getting just the 2.4 graphics, either; the "standalones" are all 2.3.
You can't possibly have the current version, if you have a "B:UNK_V42_2" line in your overrides. That one is commented out in the current version.

Anyway, I just uploaded the new stuff, so maybe give it a go. And delete any old versions you might have.

I downloaded the new file (Tileset Launcher 44.09.rar), extracted it to its own folder (didn't overwrite an old folder), and I'm still getting an error on launch. I included the whole output to show it's running the latest DFHack version?

Code: [Select]
TWBT: version 6.41
Unit transparency enabled
Workshop transparency enabled
Forced redraw mode disabled
DFHack is ready. Have a nice day!
DFHack version 0.44.09-r1 (release) on x86_64
Type in '?' or 'help' for general help, 'ls' to see all commands.
[DFHack]#

Am I missing something that needs to be done, setup-wise? Please help. Thanks.

I'm having the same problem currently, but for Gypsum and Limestone. Log looks the same.

For me, Tileset = Meph 32, Font = Spacefox, Color = defaultPlus, Print Mode = TWBT, TTF Font = Masterwork, Shadows = Small, Truetype Font = ON, Unit Sprites = ON. Default everything else except for all Additions are turned ON.

Shazbot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1030 on: April 24, 2018, 05:05:05 pm »

Time for Toady to bundle this into the front page download and check off "graphics". Next step: UI overhaul.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1031 on: April 24, 2018, 10:29:18 pm »

SenorPez or gcook725: Since I can't replicate it, would either of you be so kind to pack their entire installation up and upload it for me? DFFD, Dropbox, anything is fine. I just tested again, no UNK_42 error, no problem with lignite/other rocks (except when creatures stand on top of them, but that's a TWBT bug that affects all overwritten tiles)

gcook725

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1032 on: April 25, 2018, 03:56:38 am »

SenorPez or gcook725: Since I can't replicate it, would either of you be so kind to pack their entire installation up and upload it for me? DFFD, Dropbox, anything is fine. I just tested again, no UNK_42 error, no problem with lignite/other rocks (except when creatures stand on top of them, but that's a TWBT bug that affects all overwritten tiles)

Link via Google Drive: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1rZ-0OB5JyfWEz93vyy9hQIbLxGjvdrYK

So, a fresh install fixed the issue, but I still kept the one that was having an issue. Something of note that I'm not sure could be part of what caused the problem is that I did try to install Meph 24, then back to Meph 32 a few times in a few pocket worlds until I decided to stick with Meph 32.

Yinseng

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1033 on: April 25, 2018, 06:55:08 am »

I run a Patreon for my DF projects, mainly the MasterworkDF mod. If you like this set and want to see further development for it, consider supporting it there.

The last update was in December. I understand if there's technical issues you're waiting to be resolved, but I don't understand why you aren't releasing a DF version and a MWDF version of this tileset. You have one for 44.09 and one for 44.05, the latter of which doesn't seem to indicate it's immediately compatible with Masterwork without some advanced steps taken.

Wouldn't it make more sense to do tileset releases for both vanilla and Masterwork (whatever version it may be at the time) concurrently, given that's what the Patreon is primarily for?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1034 on: April 25, 2018, 08:34:22 am »

I run a Patreon for my DF projects, mainly the MasterworkDF mod. If you like this set and want to see further development for it, consider supporting it there.

The last update was in December. I understand if there's technical issues you're waiting to be resolved, but I don't understand why you aren't releasing a DF version and a MWDF version of this tileset. You have one for 44.09 and one for 44.05, the latter of which doesn't seem to indicate it's immediately compatible with Masterwork without some advanced steps taken.

Wouldn't it make more sense to do tileset releases for both vanilla and Masterwork (whatever version it may be at the time) concurrently, given that's what the Patreon is primarily for?
The main issue is that Masterwork DF is about 5 times as large as vanilla DF. Of course I could just slap this tileset on top of it, but it would lack all the new weapons, armors, tools, workshops, creatures, plants, trees, etc. This tileset is a lot of work already, and for Masterwork I would have to do thousands of sprites more.

To be honest, I'm not sure what to do with MasterworkDF. The jump from 34.11 to DF2016 was so jarring, I started the entire thing from scratch, and before it was even finished, Toady One made more large releases. I couldn't keep up with updating and bugfixing and testing for constantly changing DF and dfhack versions.

I'm quite happy with how the tileset turned out; it also enables me to reach more people than with the big mod. I often think about starting to mod again, smaller things, but I just know that it will turn into another giant project. And right now I already have one; this year I'm going to climb the highest mountain of about 50 countries and paraglide down. It takes a lot of preparation and time for that. I only managed to do the update yesterday because there were 2 days of bad weather here.
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 ... 187