Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Worldmap: What style would you prefer?

Icons, like ASCII but prettier.
Hand-drawn, like an old-timey sepia map.
Full graphics, like JRPGs with full-on sprites.
Same as the tileset ingame. Forests would use the tree sprite, mountains a rock sprite, etc.
Other. Please post your ideas/examples.

Pages: 1 ... 77 78 [79] 80 81 ... 187

Author Topic: ☼Meph Tileset☼ V5.5 (32x32) - 47.05 - offline  (Read 876519 times)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

Adamantine set??
Maybe something like this?

Glass and Adamantine.

Edit: My current idea:

That should cover most of the furniture, or the most seen items in a fortress. Armorstrand, Weaponrack, Chair, Cabinet, Chest, Slab, Bed, Statue, Table, Coffin, Cage, Barrel, Bin, Blocks, Hatch Cover, Door.

Materials are: Stone, Wood, Cavern-Wood/Fungus, Gem, Bone, Flux, Glass, Soft Metals (Non-weapon grade, like Silver, Gold, Aluminum), Hard Metals (Weapon grade, Iron, Bronze, Steel), Adamantine.

Mh, clay / earthenware should probably get it's own; kaolinite / porcelain too (?)
« Last Edit: May 04, 2018, 06:41:01 pm by Meph »
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Mrok Girl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Adamantine set??
Maybe something like this?

Glass and Adamantine.

Edit: My current idea:

That should cover most of the furniture, or the most seen items in a fortress. Armorstrand, Weaponrack, Chair, Cabinet, Chest, Slab, Bed, Statue, Table, Coffin, Cage, Barrel, Bin, Blocks, Hatch Cover, Door.

Materials are: Stone, Wood, Cavern-Wood/Fungus, Gem, Bone, Flux, Glass, Soft Metals (Non-weapon grade, like Silver, Gold, Aluminum), Hard Metals (Weapon grade, Iron, Bronze, Steel), Adamantine.

Mh, clay / earthenware should probably get it's own; kaolinite / porcelain too (?)

Oh wow! I absolutely love it! So many possibilities *_*

Can the golden and adamantine set have a metal sheen to it too? Can the glass set be see-through, as in the back legs of the table/chair showing through the top a little bit?
Newcastle 5 Chambers megaproject.

db48x

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

That furniture is looking pretty great. Personally I like parquet, inlays, and mosaics on wooden furniture, but the tree-stumps have a nice feel to them. It's as if the dwarves are saving their time for the stone and metal furniture.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

Good news: It really, really works.

Bad news: Walls don't support transparency, so I can't make thin, flimsy walls, they always have to be 32x32, or they get black border.

Clay walls, fortifications and stairs:

2x zoom:

The black borders you see are a result of me trying thinner walls that should show the background. Not intended, but I kinda like it in this example.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2018, 03:00:19 am by Meph »
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Nefarian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Material based furniture is probably my n1 awaited feature for Dwarf Fortress, and now it's real!

Can't wait to see the constructions now, especially a giant Adamantine bridge. The thing has to feel like "You're not getting past me" XD

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

Sorry, but I probably won't do floors and bridges. Anything that people walk on has a display bug, if a creature or object with transparency is on top of it.

Mh, I guess floors would be alright, since they default to the normal floor tile.

And damn it, I just realize that I already do that for bridges. :/ I think if a dwarf walks above it, it looks like the biome ground tiles.

Vordak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Theoretically, if all the constructions and furniture were made only of blocks i.e rough stone would not be allowed to build, then it would be possible to make for each civilization its own types of blocks. This would lead to a notable difference in architectural cultures.
 rough stone -> block(goblin) -> unique goblin walls & furniture
« Last Edit: May 05, 2018, 08:13:41 am by Vordak »

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile

If walls were to show a background, what background would it show? There's nothing behind it.

jecowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I think he was hoping TWBT multilayer transparency would work with them, so it would show the grass underneath.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile

But there is no grass underneath. Just more wall.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

But there is no grass underneath. Just more wall.
On ground level the wall would show the floor, for example grass or pebbles. On multiple stories, it would show a constructed floor tile as background.

I think he was hoping TWBT multilayer transparency would work with them, so it would show the grass underneath.
Correct.

Theoretically, if all the constructions and furniture were made only of blocks i.e rough stone would not be allowed to build, then it would be possible to make for each civilization its own types of blocks. This would lead to a notable difference in architectural cultures.
 rough stone -> block(goblin) -> unique goblin walls & furniture
Correct, but only for playable races, since constructions made in worldgen by civs ignore custom reactions.

Pvt. Pirate

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Linux User
    • View Profile
Re: ☼Meph Tileset☼ V2.7 - 32x - 44.09 - Updated 2nd May
« Reply #1181 on: May 05, 2018, 02:49:49 pm »

What computer can run this work? I understand that all you have GLaDOS, but what can do ordinary players?
it is still singlecore and even i can run it on this old machine.
"dwarves are by definition alcohol powered parasitic beards, which will cling to small caveadapt humanoids." (Chaia)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

I tried a diagonal design for the bone walls... took WAY too long to make, but I think it's nice for interior design, makes rooms spacier.

The top-down metal walls I'm not happy with. Everything else is fake 2.5D with an angle, the metal walls look flat and more like floor tiles without a side-wall.

Edit: Ok, I think I have a good list together:
Stone
Flux
Metal (weapon-grade)
Metal (non-weapon-grade)
Glass
Bone
Wood
Cavern/Fungi Wood
Gem
Obsidian
Adamantine
Clay/Fireclay/Earthenware/Stoneware
Kaolinite/Porcelain
Ice
Marble
« Last Edit: May 05, 2018, 03:19:09 pm by Meph »

Vordak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

For metal walls, you probably need to do as if it were a cast monolith i.e. deny the rims and play on differences in brightness on planes of walls.

p.S turns out disgustingly)
p.s.2.    - some door
« Last Edit: May 05, 2018, 04:35:00 pm by Vordak »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

I haven't looked at it yet, I was busy sorting everything and making a plan.

Constructions:

Furniture:
Pages: 1 ... 77 78 [79] 80 81 ... 187