Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Worldmap: What style would you prefer?

Icons, like ASCII but prettier.
Hand-drawn, like an old-timey sepia map.
Full graphics, like JRPGs with full-on sprites.
Same as the tileset ingame. Forests would use the tree sprite, mountains a rock sprite, etc.
Other. Please post your ideas/examples.

Pages: 1 ... 99 100 [101] 102 103 ... 187

Author Topic: ☼Meph Tileset☼ V5.5 (32x32) - 47.05 - offline  (Read 876494 times)

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile

Yeah, I would much prefer the stairs to be uniform in shape/style. By all means, have them different texture/colour for built/dug, or brick/block/glass/stone/etc! But it's a bit jarring to have a side-view right next to a top-down view, especially when the functionality is the same. (It's a bit different when it's different functionality, like walls next to stairs, or beds, etc.)

(I also prefer the quality of the side-view dug stairs over the up/down arrow top-down view. Plus it's easier to tell which is the up and which is the down stair in the side view, compared to the only main difference being the small arrow in the top-down view)
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

Aha! Thanks guys, that is very useful feedback. Improving existing tiles is quite easy, because the overrides, etc already exist.

So:
- Designations unclear
- Stairs better standardized
- Obsidian too dark

Anything else?
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

EpicMadness

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

change constructed ramps to match material used? at the moment all of them look like log ladders.

Raylemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hello,
I think I have a bug with the tileset… I've downloaded the latest launcher and create a new world in the game. But, the tiles doesn't match the items, eg my bedrooms ingame :
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I built bed, cabinet and coffer.
Another example, seeds and leaves appear like this :

How can I repair that ?
Thanks !

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

Your dfhack/twbt isnt on. No idea what you did, but it's required for the tileset.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Raylemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Wow, thank for quick reply ! Dfhack and twbt are both active…
But I updated dfhack and twbt, maybe I missed something by replacing files with a newer version…

Vordak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hello,
I think I have a bug with the tileset… I've downloaded the latest launcher and create a new world in the game. But, the tiles doesn't match the items, eg my bedrooms ingame :
I built bed, cabinet and coffer.
Such I observed in fortresses, which updated DF version.

Another example, seeds and leaves appear like this :
This is clearly from adventure mode, there with tileset are created metamorphosis, like replacement ramps on tile with arrow and back to normal ramp tile. An old problem that is rather related to the DF and not to tileset and twbt.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

Df, dfhack and twbt need to be of compatible versions, and you might replace important init files, like the dfhack.init or the overrides.txt.

Raylemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Ok, revert to dfhack alpha and twbt 6.52, and the tileset is functional.
So, how to update dfhack and twbt with your launcher ?

Anyway, thanks for the help !

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

Update, but dont replace the two files I mentioned above.

ZayZe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

yay more updates!  :D

Bapdorf

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

Hi, Possible minor issue?
'Magma Flow' seems to update strangely when viewing form higher z-levels and when above magma/in open space. This only seems to happen when using this launcher, and does not happen when using the meph tileset in LNP.
When on the same z-level, everything seems correct:
However, when on the z-level above (viewing using included TWBT multilevel view plugin), the magma flow renders strangely - it stays at first, but if updated by any unrevealed or non openspace tile or the cursor, it vanishes entirely. This persists on higher z-levels also.
When returning to the lower z-level the magma flow tiles remain vanished until updated by non-openspace tile or the cursor.
When moving the camera this can become disturbing as patches of magma flow follow me around :)
It is possible (aka likely) this is nothing to do with the pack and entirely my own fault, but if possible some help on how to fix would be appreciated.
Thanks

billw

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

One other minor thing: sand walls and sand floors can be very hard to tell apart until stuff is growing on them.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

Magma flow fix: twbt redraw_1, type that into dfhack.  Its a twbt issue. Sadly redraw all can cause crashes on occasion for some people, so use with care / quicksave.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile

Does the latest version of the download not include the 24x24 and 16x16 versions of the tilesets anymore? The default size goes quite a way off my monitor on both sides, but I can't seem to find the "Extra Tilesets" folder mentioned in the readme anywhere.

I also tried using that DFhack command in the OP, but nothing changes.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread
Pages: 1 ... 99 100 [101] 102 103 ... 187