Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Worldmap: What style would you prefer?

Icons, like ASCII but prettier.
Hand-drawn, like an old-timey sepia map.
Full graphics, like JRPGs with full-on sprites.
Same as the tileset ingame. Forests would use the tree sprite, mountains a rock sprite, etc.
Other. Please post your ideas/examples.

Pages: 1 ... 122 123 [124] 125 126 ... 187

Author Topic: ☼Meph Tileset☼ V5.5 (32x32) - 47.05 - offline  (Read 876489 times)

Mrok Girl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The file on the server is fine, since this is the first report about TWBT not working from over 2500 downloads.

Edit: Wow, just figured out that I could fake see-through miasma/smoke/mist... at least for furniture and items. Not sure if I can get the color right, but don't you hate it, when a room/corridor is full of miasma and you can't see anything? Worth making a few sprites for that? ^^

If you do the see-through mist, I can finally realise my fps-killing dream of a massive waterfall falling through the middle of my fortress through all the layers :D
i built a fort under a 10zlevel waterfall and the meeting hall had fortifications towards the fall. it was amazing  as long as it lasted.

That sounds awesome! Do you have any screenshots?

I like circles so I'm thinking of building a massive cistern above the entrance and then have a curtain of water fall in a circle all the way down to the underground water level. It'll probably flood everything if I don't do some pressure shenanigans, but not sure how to yet. Oh well. It'll be awesome for a while :)
Newcastle 5 Chambers megaproject.

Pvt. Pirate

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Linux User
    • View Profile

The file on the server is fine, since this is the first report about TWBT not working from over 2500 downloads.

Edit: Wow, just figured out that I could fake see-through miasma/smoke/mist... at least for furniture and items. Not sure if I can get the color right, but don't you hate it, when a room/corridor is full of miasma and you can't see anything? Worth making a few sprites for that? ^^

If you do the see-through mist, I can finally realise my fps-killing dream of a massive waterfall falling through the middle of my fortress through all the layers :D
i built a fort under a 10zlevel waterfall and the meeting hall had fortifications towards the fall. it was amazing  as long as it lasted.

That sounds awesome! Do you have any screenshots?

I like circles so I'm thinking of building a massive cistern above the entrance and then have a curtain of water fall in a circle all the way down to the underground water level. It'll probably flood everything if I don't do some pressure shenanigans, but not sure how to yet. Oh well. It'll be awesome for a while :)
no, sry, no screens, but i described it before:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
i still got the initial an early save, so i could upload it if you want am uploading it as i write this.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2018, 03:47:23 pm by Pvt. Pirate »
"dwarves are by definition alcohol powered parasitic beards, which will cling to small caveadapt humanoids." (Chaia)

Mrok Girl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

i still got the initial save, so i could upload it if you want.

Sure! Show us what you've got :)

Pvt. Pirate

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Linux User
    • View Profile

http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14125 here you go!
"dwarves are by definition alcohol powered parasitic beards, which will cling to small caveadapt humanoids." (Chaia)

Mrok Girl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Interesting although you didn't let the mist into the fort so not quite what I'm going for :)

Pvt. Pirate

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Linux User
    • View Profile

Interesting although you didn't let the mist into the fort so not quite what I'm going for :)
well, in that safe i haven't come to opening it yet. i wanted to give you the location to build on.
i can also upload the latest version.

Argelle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Using the amazing font "meph clean 16x24", I came across one digit (or symbol?) I cannot decypher:

What is the goblin population in this image, please ?
something..60 ?
Killing dwarves is so much fun. Heck, even the dwarves agree, else they wouldn't kill themselves so often.

Pvt. Pirate

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Linux User
    • View Profile

Using the amazing font "meph clean 16x24", I came across one digit (or symbol?) I cannot decypher:

something..60 ?
i got no idea, but i need that font! i am currently using cursed as font because that way the menu doesn't take up 2/5 of my screen (but only 1/4).

Argelle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

(..img..)

something..60 ?
i got no idea, but i need that font! i am currently using cursed as font because that way the menu doesn't take up 2/5 of my screen (but only 1/4).

Genius!
You made me realize that the letters in other fonts may well be at the exact same place, so I opened font_Meph_clean16x24.png side by side to another one, and the gray pickelated thing can either be ~ or ~~
Someone else may confirm this? (I'd rather have "around 60 gobelins" as neighboards than "960" !!)
Killing dwarves is so much fun. Heck, even the dwarves agree, else they wouldn't kill themselves so often.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

It's a ~.

All numbers are written as numbers in the Meph font set. :)
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Mrok Girl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Any idea why all my cheese is red? Is it how it's supposed to be? It's red in every season.

Psithen

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

So i made an account cause i can't find an answer to this anywhere.

I noticed with this tileset the vision cones while sneaking in adventurer mode don't show up properly, mostly they don't show up at all however i don't remember having an issue with the tilesets I used before which i believe was phoebus and/or ironhand, not sure it's been awhile and i'm on a new PC. Is there some setting or graphic i can change to fix this?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

I noticed with this tileset the vision cones while sneaking in adventurer mode don't show up properly, mostly they don't show up at all however i don't remember having an issue with the tilesets I used before which i believe was phoebus and/or ironhand, not sure it's been awhile and i'm on a new PC. Is there some setting or graphic i can change to fix this?
It's due to TWBT. It forces a certain color on a lot of sprites, and the vision cones try to recolor those tiles... but TWBT (the dfhack plugin that allows adding to many new sprites) doesn't let it do that.

Any idea why all my cheese is red? Is it how it's supposed to be? It's red in every season.
Not sure, but I can easily make it yellow again. ^^
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Psithen

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

It's due to TWBT. It forces a certain color on a lot of sprites, and the vision cones try to recolor those tiles... but TWBT (the dfhack plugin that allows adding to many new sprites) doesn't let it do that.

Not sure, but I can easily make it yellow again. ^^

guess that means it's something that can't be fixed?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

Not really. I could fix it, but the fix would break a lot of other things... I did put the static colors there for a reason.
Pages: 1 ... 122 123 [124] 125 126 ... 187