Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 37

Author Topic: Nintendo Switch  (Read 62567 times)

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
Re: Nintendo Switch
« Reply #300 on: March 01, 2017, 07:19:04 pm »

Friday.
Black lives matter.

Nighthawk

• Bay Watcher
  • INT Score: Yes
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: March 01, 2017, 09:17:57 pm »

Considering the real reason most people are buying the console, at this point the Switch should be renamed to the Nintendo Breath of the Wild MachineTM.

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: March 01, 2017, 11:10:05 pm »

There's surprisingly few launch titles. I'm hoping that Monster Hunter comes to the system later on down the road. In the meantime there'll be things like Splatoon and the new Mario game that looks pretty promising. "Nintendo Breath of the Wild Machine" isn't too far from the truth though...

I did notice that Overcooked is coming out on it, and that might actually be a game that works great with the system.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: March 02, 2017, 07:06:55 am »

Overwhat?
Black lives matter.

Krevsin

• Bay Watcher
  • [RAINBOWS:REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: March 02, 2017, 08:14:02 am »

There's surprisingly few launch titles. I'm hoping that Monster Hunter comes to the system later on down the road. In the meantime there'll be things like Splatoon and the new Mario game that looks pretty promising. "Nintendo Breath of the Wild Machine" isn't too far from the truth though...

I did notice that Overcooked is coming out on it, and that might actually be a game that works great with the system.
Dunno, Nintendo seems to have a strong lineup of indies that'll be coming to the system in the coming months. IMO it's more important to have a steady stream of new releases rather than to just burst out all the games at launch and then nothing for months.

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: March 02, 2017, 01:01:27 pm »

Overwhat?
Overcooked
It's a co-op game that has a feature that allows players to share a single controller to control their characters (each player gets an analog stick and a couple buttons on each side of the controller), something that would be ideal for the detachable joy-con.

Dunno, Nintendo seems to have a strong lineup of indies that'll be coming to the system in the coming months. IMO it's more important to have a steady stream of new releases rather than to just burst out all the games at launch and then nothing for months.
Not just indies either, there's Mario Kart coming out in April, along with a couple of other titles sprinkled in throughout the year. Then there's Mario during the holiday which will sell consoles by itself, and by that time people who are just getting the console will already have access to all those other games.

Has anyone heard any kind of confirmation on just how much they're going to be charging for the online service yet?

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: March 02, 2017, 01:31:38 pm »

per what unit of time
Black lives matter.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: March 02, 2017, 02:37:33 pm »

Hmm, 2 stores nearby claim that they will have some for general sale.   Gamestop has a midnight release tonight, but won't say how many.   And a smaller local name store nearby says they will have 6-10 but will open at normal hours.

Don't know which to try.  On one hand if I try the midnight release at gamestop I'm thinking it's going to be a massive waste of time.  Everybody and their mother knows gamestop is doing a midnight release.  And I doubt they will have significant numbers since they refuse to say how many.  On the other hand, I can still go to bed and make the morning opening of the local games store if I do, I'll probably regret it all day, but I can.

The local games store claims they will have more than I expected them to have.  They are a smaller, more unknown store so I think I'm more likely to get one there. they are also generally better in that they don't do the whole pre order mess, and are good people, the owner is legitimately a gamer herself and isn't some corporate stooge.  I would much prefer to give them my patronage over gamestop.  But if I don't go to gamestop's midnight release and underestimate how many people know about them I may not get one at all.

Decisions decisions.  (And no a midnight release isn't a big deal for me, I work night shift, so I'm up and active then anyway, the opening time of the local store would be less convenient)
« Last Edit: March 02, 2017, 02:42:03 pm by Greiger »
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: March 02, 2017, 02:38:11 pm »

Nintendo has a bunch of already existing games lined up, so they're continuing to ask people to rebuy games they already own. :/ These are not new releases. World of Goo, a 9 year old game, is in the lineup.

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: March 02, 2017, 02:56:41 pm »

Gamestop probably only has a handful of non-preorder consoles available. Some bigger stores like Wal-Mart or Target are getting up to 50 or so consoles, depending on how rural or urban your area is.

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
  • likes dragons for their fiery breath
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: March 02, 2017, 03:08:30 pm »

My area is kinda somewhat rural. But if I get there extra early....
Kids make great meat shields.
I nominate endlessblaze as our chief military executive!

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: March 02, 2017, 03:14:15 pm »

Year, man. Year. That per month would be idiotic.
Didn't stop neon from claiming it would cost more than the system does before :P
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: March 02, 2017, 03:20:08 pm »

Year, man. Year. That per month would be idiotic.
Didn't stop neon from claiming it would cost more than the system does before :P

I said that back when I suspected it would cost 5 dollars a month. Get yer facts straight!

And I showed how much it would cost in total to demonstrate how it is more of a misleading cost then it being "Cheap" like everyone keeps spouting. No more then shopping channel multiple payment systems are "cheap" :P (Though most people here don't seem to understand the concept of incremental payments)

High highly doubt it will be 15 bucks a month, that would be suicidal for Nintendo.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2017, 03:26:12 pm by Neonivek »

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: March 02, 2017, 03:30:04 pm »

Nintendo has a bunch of already existing games lined up, so they're continuing to ask people to rebuy games they already own. :/ These are not new releases. World of Goo, a 9 year old game, is in the lineup.
How many exclusive games are you expecting for an untested system that previously hasn't been that favorable to indies? The fact that they're even porting things is massive progress. Give it time (assuming things don't end up as a complete and utter disaster, which is still up in the air).

Motion controls. Been done. Touchscreen. Been done. Handhelds. Been done. Friend codes. .... It's not that untested and a brand new game is set for release, that being Zelda. But no, let's line up decade old games that have never been on this brand new system before. World of Goo is not a year 1 purchase let alone a day 1 or month 1. I've played it to death on computer and android. Android. A thing Japan has lots of.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: March 03, 2017, 01:23:51 am »

Went to gamestop.  Also walmart.  Wastes of time both.  As I figured it would be and I had decided I wouldn't try it.  But then a friend wanted me to give them a ride to gamestop so they could try to get one, and figured I might as well.

Nintendo's promise to meet demand has so far been a massive load of bullshit.  It's official.  Gamestop had 5.  Wal mart didn't fare much better. the manager claimed to have ordered 50, but that there were only 8 in the box.  Only pre orders got one there, and from what I could tell there were 4 people who pre ordered one that were not getting it.  So not only is it bullshit, it is a dumptruck full of bullshit, with a dozen male cattle on top of it actively supplying more bullshit for all to see.

All I got out of the trip was a Wendy's hamburger and cold fries as my usual chauffeur tax to this particular friend.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2017, 01:27:17 am by Greiger »
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 37