Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 23

Author Topic: ZL (2016)  (Read 35955 times)

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • light
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
Re: ZL
« Reply #135 on: December 23, 2016, 04:43:25 pm »

[[Here's what it looks like to me.]]

Spoiler: vertical (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: horizontal (click to show/hide)
Awesome With Autism

Eritzap

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
    • deviantArt
« Reply #136 on: December 23, 2016, 05:36:12 pm »

Try again to cast Lift on the southern edge of the East Hill.
(please add the rgb to your fon't, last reminder)
I quite don't know what you want from the text coloring, I don't see difference in bbcode from other people.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • light
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #137 on: December 23, 2016, 05:40:31 pm »

^Dont see a visual difference? Because the color takes time to change. But if you mean don't see the code when you quote them it should be there. If the code isn't used then when it does get used it'll seem like a snap rather than a transition which is the effect I'm going for.
The bbcode is displayed at the top of the OP, here it is again:

[glow=black,2,300][color=rgb(0,0,0)]
Aloha!
[/color][/glow]
Awesome With Autism

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • light
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #138 on: December 23, 2016, 05:49:45 pm »

<=p9=== Helmaland, Gloven, striking poses

==140=> Haiku Harry Caray

*light rain*

Cast Golem as near to the geyser as I can, so that I create as many as possible.
Name my rock golem "Slade".

Red=30 Green=15 Blue=30

#30 ( 5)
Your num-bers do add
two more to your clad, my lad.
His name is Slade? K.

+15 red
« Last Edit: December 27, 2016, 01:23:23 am by roseheart »
Awesome With Autism

helmacon

• Bay Watcher
  • Just a smol Angel
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: December 23, 2016, 06:41:02 pm »

My first action will be to Morph my two clay golems into shovel golems, specifically made for digging.
My second action will be to attempt to cast lift on the water of the geyser. ((not the land, I want to make the geyser shoot higher))
Science is Meta gaming IRL. Humans are cheating fucks.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • light
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #140 on: December 23, 2016, 07:05:42 pm »

<=138== Slade and Helmacon's new friends

==142=> Oh My

Spoiler: Q: (Turn Cooldown) (click to show/hide)

*light rain*

This will do no good! Not one bit. In retaliation for the ground's passive resistance, the large mage of black reachs downward and LIFTS once more!

#31 (( 3 )) +0r

It is sad
But do not be mad
Just a fad

Unraveller the Black, (√1) 15/50
Landmark: -
Landclaim: -
Banner 1(self): just south of central west
« Last Edit: December 27, 2016, 01:32:19 am by roseheart »
Awesome With Autism

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • light
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #141 on: December 23, 2016, 07:36:20 pm »

@halmacon

My first action will be to Morph my two clay golems into shovel golems, specifically made for digging.
My second action will be to attempt to cast lift on the water of the geyser. ((not the land, I want to make the geyser shoot higher))

A note about morphing in general, you typically want to say what their disadvantages are too. However since what you want is fairly straightforward and is probably paid for by them losing the ability to morph, you don't really need to worry about it.

Lift won't be able to work that way. You would need to either expand the underground water cavity to store more water(which the sink spell is not flexible enough for, as minor spells are fairly basic), or you need to make the water hotter somehow. The epic blue spell Erode is flexible enough to form a larger water cavity(and since it's below sea level it will be filled).

Wikipedia
"...the geyser effect is due to the proximity of magma. Generally, surface water works its way down to an average depth of around 2,000 metres (6,600 ft) where it contacts hot rocks. The resultant boiling of the pressurized water results in the geyser effect of hot water and steam spraying out of the geyser's surface vent (a hydrothermal explosion)."
« Last Edit: December 23, 2016, 07:44:20 pm by roseheart »
Awesome With Autism

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • light
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #142 on: December 23, 2016, 09:05:19 pm »

<=140== Haiku Harry Caray

==147=> Building A House

cast Landmark on my island. Which is obviously far superior to the other donut and definitely not a copy.

*light rain*

It happened. My Island is a real-place!

+15 red

TopHat the Black, (√2) 075/200
Landmark: My Island
Landclaim: -
Banner 1(self): My Island

(map coming later update)
« Last Edit: December 27, 2016, 01:45:01 am by roseheart »
Awesome With Autism

Unraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: December 23, 2016, 09:11:01 pm »

This ground shall LIFT! It must, lest this dominion be for naught! Yet again, the heavy-set mage gestures those arms, it must work. This was the time for sure!

[[ I do believe I received +15 Red colour, yes? I could be wrong, hit me if I am. ]]

EDIT: Has been hit, deservedly.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2016, 09:19:35 pm by Unraveller »
I've lost control of my life.

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: December 23, 2016, 09:12:05 pm »

"Yes, I did know that already. Might I ask what you're doing? Oh, and in case you don't know, I'm S34N1C the Green." Cast Golem again.

<Red=30><Green=90><Blue=0>
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • light
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #145 on: December 23, 2016, 09:14:38 pm »

^No need S34, unless I update a player that posted after you.

@Unraveller...

..*hit* +0r +zero red aka no color
« Last Edit: December 23, 2016, 09:17:03 pm by roseheart »
Awesome With Autism

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: December 23, 2016, 09:21:31 pm »

Oh ok. Sorry
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • light
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #147 on: December 23, 2016, 11:36:07 pm »

<=142== Oh My

==p11=> Fountain Fortunate Failure

"Yes, I did know that already. Might I ask what you're doing? Oh, and in case you don't know, I'm S34N1C the Green." Cast Golem again.

<Red=30><Green=90><Blue=0>

"Building a house".

He explains, while doing just that. He brings his branches to what appears to be a VERY large pile. But in actual fact it is hollow.

"Welcome to my forest. Though I suppose from your perspective you think of it as yours, I don't mind sharing but, and this will seem strange to a new mage like yourself.. I have actually lived here my entire life. I've always existed in the oldest forest in Zenland."

He explains as he weaves in the branches.

"You see, to someone like me you exist as what you might call a 'living metaphor'. We, you and I, exist in the same space but our experience of it is different. To you Zenland is a curtain that you can peel back the corners to see its secrets. I'm the first secret."

#33 1 2
It suddenly stops raining.

No color gained

"Surely you aren't planning to rob me of my home with that small army you're amassing over there? I've grown quite fond of this forest, it's all I know.

Something you might find amusing, I was the one that called this Arkagon Forest."

*cloudy skies*
« Last Edit: December 27, 2016, 04:08:27 am by roseheart »
Awesome With Autism

helmacon

• Bay Watcher
  • Just a smol Angel
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: December 24, 2016, 12:56:36 am »

@halmacon

-snip-

Lift won't be able to work that way. You would need to either expand the underground water cavity to store more water(which the sink spell is not flexible enough for, as minor spells are fairly basic), or you need to make the water hotter somehow. The epic blue spell Erode is flexible enough to form a larger water cavity(and since it's below sea level it will be filled).

Wikipedia
"...the geyser effect is due to the proximity of magma. Generally, surface water works its way down to an average depth of around 2,000 metres (6,600 ft) where it contacts hot rocks. The resultant boiling of the pressurized water results in the geyser effect of hot water and steam spraying out of the geyser's surface vent (a hydrothermal explosion)."

I assumed that since the geyser was continuous that it just worked by magic. My bad.  :(

Could I try casting a localized shine underground? Could I sacrifice some amount of blue into my sink spell to make it more flexible that way? Maybe I could sacrifice some blue into a lift spell to raise sea level in that specific area?  If none of these are viable solutions then just lift the land around my geyser. Command my digger golems to begin digging a river towards the south from my geyser.

Red=45 Green=15 Blue=30
Science is Meta gaming IRL. Humans are cheating fucks.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • light
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #149 on: December 24, 2016, 01:08:35 am »

[[ It all comes down to what is more fun. An infinite magical geyser or the ability to learn about real geysers. I think a little bit of science doesn't hurt, if it invites interesting puzzles, strategies, and challenges :>

It also came down to the fact that I've already Incorporated groundwater into the map so that kind of train of thought is already part of the game. In fact it's the groundwater you're seeing is the shape under the geyser. There's also the cave chamber/cavity that Eritzap is currently trapped in that can be seen. ]]
« Last Edit: December 24, 2016, 02:32:29 am by roseheart »
Awesome With Autism
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 23