Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3341 3342 [3343] 3344 3345 ... 3518

Author Topic: AmeriPol thread  (Read 3679304 times)

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
Re: AmeriPol thread
« Reply #50130 on: December 19, 2022, 04:14:13 pm »

What have I missed in that regard?
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

None

• Bay Watcher
  • Forgotten, but not gone
    • View Profile
« Reply #50131 on: December 19, 2022, 04:35:26 pm »

From what I understand, the full report comes out to the public on wednesday, so it'll be a hot minute 'til we can see that ourselves, but the committee is alleging violations of four criminal statutes by Trump and maybe conservative lawyer Eastman, according to AP News.

It's also got ethics referrals for five House republicans for ignoring congressional subpoenas.

As the committee can only provide recommendations, it means now that it's in the DoJ's hands, but to ignore the committee and its recommendations would some somewhat damning to the credibility of the system since we've got record and exhaustive committee investigation to encourage criminal charges.

I never did get around to reading the Mueller Report, but I'm hoping to actually set time aside to read this one. Holiday doldrums, and all that, and it'd be good to get ahead of all the reasons my backasswards family might call it a nothingburger.

Fucking hate that term, 'nothingburger.' Totally unrelated, sorry.

Dostoevsky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50132 on: December 19, 2022, 05:02:18 pm »

I've always found the term harmlessly endearing, myself, but I am something of a DC person.

Anyways, the 154 page summary (oof) of the report is available here. I haven't looked at it yet, though I'll probably skim it later this week.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #50133 on: December 20, 2022, 01:07:38 am »

From what I understand, the full report comes out to the public on wednesday, so it'll be a hot minute 'til we can see that ourselves, but the committee is alleging violations of four criminal statutes by Trump and maybe conservative lawyer Eastman, according to AP News.

It's also got ethics referrals for five House republicans for ignoring congressional subpoenas.

As the committee can only provide recommendations, it means now that it's in the DoJ's hands, but to ignore the committee and its recommendations would some somewhat damning to the credibility of the system since we've got record and exhaustive committee investigation to encourage criminal charges.

I never did get around to reading the Mueller Report, but I'm hoping to actually set time aside to read this one. Holiday doldrums, and all that, and it'd be good to get ahead of all the reasons my backasswards family might call it a nothingburger.

Fucking hate that term, 'nothingburger.' Totally unrelated, sorry.

Typically, the DOJ investigates, then can find that nothing rises to the level requiring them to do anything. BUT...the DOJ has an active investigation on unrelated things, so we are talking Person Of Interest. It's going to take a while before anything actually happens...

None

• Bay Watcher
  • Forgotten, but not gone
    • View Profile
« Reply #50134 on: December 20, 2022, 09:34:51 am »

...The TV show? I don't follow.

Lidku

• Bay Watcher
  • Enclave here, why isn't your video feed working?
    • View Profile
    • [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/Ylvdlc5.jpg[/IMG]
« Reply #50135 on: December 20, 2022, 04:48:06 pm »

Anyone else find Elon Musk's insecurity hilarious? Made a poll on whether or not he should step down as Twitter CEO. He loses.

What does he do next?

Made it so that only "verified" (aka any random who buys into his money recoup scheme) users can vote on polls that "effect Twitter Policy" now.

I'll laugh nearly to death if the next time he does a poll, and it goes against the option he clearly wants like the last few times this has been happening.

lol

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #50136 on: December 20, 2022, 04:57:51 pm »

I don't get why he's resisting since he was supposedly looking for a replacement to run the company anyway.

Regardless, it will be immensely funny if he does lose again.
Through pain, I find wisdom.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #50137 on: December 20, 2022, 05:15:08 pm »

He probably won’t. If people are paying for a blue tick, it means they apparently don’t mind his nonsense because it was a controversial thing to do in the first place.

As I said in the Twitter thread though, it allows people to make the joke that free speech isn’t free anymore.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Lidku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50138 on: December 20, 2022, 06:20:12 pm »

He probably won’t. If people are paying for a blue tick, it means they apparently don’t mind his nonsense because it was a controversial thing to do in the first place.

As I said in the Twitter thread though, it allows people to make the joke that free speech isn’t free anymore.

Huh? I didn't even realize we had a Twitter thread. oops

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #50139 on: December 20, 2022, 06:29:27 pm »

I think it popped up when Musk initially floated the idea of buying Twitter. I first posted in it today *shrug*
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Lidku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50140 on: December 20, 2022, 07:26:27 pm »

Can anyone explain this omnibus bill thing to me, and on why it costs so much?

Folly

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam Profile: 76561197996956175
    • View Profile
« Reply #50141 on: December 20, 2022, 07:34:45 pm »

The House Committee just voted 24:16 in favor of releasing Trump's taxes.
It's finally happening!

McTraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • This text isn't very personal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #50142 on: December 20, 2022, 07:58:19 pm »

Taxes want to be free!

(I really wish people were more precise in their language - they are releasing the tax records, not releasing the taxes!  Presumably they already "released" the tax funds?)

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #50143 on: December 20, 2022, 08:02:06 pm »

Basically, it is Congress authorizing the funding for everything they want to do next year, including programs that have already been mandated. It "costs so much" because it is writing a check to pay for a large portion of the entire Federal budget for the next fiscal year.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Lidku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50144 on: December 20, 2022, 08:05:44 pm »

Basically, it is Congress authorizing the funding for everything they want to do next year, including programs that have already been mandated. It "costs so much" because it is writing a check to pay for a large portion of the entire Federal budget for the next fiscal year.

And Republicans want to vote it down?

lol
Pages: 1 ... 3341 3342 [3343] 3344 3345 ... 3518