Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 57

Author Topic: Fallacy's BYOR 2: Game over! Post-game write up up.  (Read 92388 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Fallacy's BYOR 2(9/9): Day 1: The beginning: voting weirdness.
« Reply #120 on: March 03, 2017, 08:42:07 am »

@Tiruin:I do not have information on anyone besides myself.  I was guessing, to tell the truth.  Does that make sense?
Now I've no idea why you said that or why you didn't still answer my question :P
TBF
Quite possibly.
Are you going to post more, with more stuff than acknowledgement of other people's ideas? :P
And, how do you generally plan to communicate? This needs an answer of a concrete idea rather than a vague abstracted one.

Also for y'all, a Shakeragian role is commonly of the ol' American styled theme. "Role that {Does something ordinately particular}", like "The Role that Stops you from"
[...]
Maybe I'll run a BYOR in the future just for you, Shakerag.
<3

MY BODY IS READY
It was something in the making for quite some time :P (Search: "Shakeragian" in this board). With possible metahistory being important given Shakeragian design. Wait wrong tab, THIS ONE has Shakeragian roles--you can turn to page ...70+ and notice how a Shakeragian role is.

It's like Dadaism with style.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: March 03, 2017, 10:21:40 am »

I have to admit I have next to no experience as town, I can't remember the last time I was town on mafia. So far I'm more concerned about observing you guys.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: March 03, 2017, 10:24:20 am »

That said, are you in a position to disclose more on the specifics of your role, TDS?
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: March 03, 2017, 10:33:01 am »

@Tiruin:I don't understand your question, please define "freely".

Also, because I felt it necessary to correct a misconception.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: March 03, 2017, 11:02:04 am »

Come to think of it, we're probably facing a two person scumteam given 9 players, and I'm curious about a few things summarized here:
> Web, why the offer of aid so early in game? What would be the difference until later on?
> TBF: You haven't answered my question :P
.....Your behavior confuses me.
Also how do you understand people at the moment?

> Other than BHK/FLame/Cin, the rest are ol' players and it seems that there is a LACK of lists of people getting questions :O From...more than probable scumteam#. (2 in my opinion)

PPE: Ohai.
I'm just curious why the Canada. :P
Because I have Canadian paraphernalia.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: March 03, 2017, 11:09:02 am »

@webadict:...Okay, I'll buy in to your thing.  Whatcha got in there?
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: March 03, 2017, 11:29:40 am »

FoU: Do you randomize the roles from what you get or can you be requested to put a theme to it or something?
I do whatever I feel like(and I feel is balanced) with the name submission I receive.

The "putting a theme to it" sounds like a nice idea, though. Might use that for a future FBYOR.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: March 03, 2017, 03:18:13 pm »

Tiruin:
Tiruin: How many scum are there this game?  How many third parties?  How useless are these questions, on a scale of "completely useless" to "what the fuck are you smoking and where can I get some?".
These questions.  You know, the ones that I posted at the beginning of the day.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: March 03, 2017, 04:50:35 pm »

Webadict:
A rolename is a much higher price than I'm asking. I never granted my own, so I do not expect as such from you.

If you wish to pay such a high price, however, there is a much better chance that I can reward something to your delight. But it may be dangerous to know the True Name of a man. Many things can be done to those that know such knowledge.

So, be wary.
Pff. True names are only headology.

My name is Esmerelda Weatherwax. They call me Granny, or the Hag o' Hags, or K'ez'rek d'b'duz, or Aaoograha hoa. I am Good, because I do what is Right. I am not Nice, and I can't be havin' with that sort of thing.

Show me what you got.
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: March 03, 2017, 05:44:55 pm »

Oh my.

Bold choice, DA.
Sigtext

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: March 03, 2017, 05:55:51 pm »

* 4maskwolf Steeples his fingers and observes

Regardless of how this turns out, it should be most informative.  Although I suspect that the information he will receive (if any) will not be received until the night anyway, so we may as well move on with the silliness that is D1 of a mafia game.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: March 03, 2017, 06:19:59 pm »

Also to help stuff out, TDS, I believe setting a due date for talk and votes would benefit greater rather than letting a lie-loose-time for 'TDSHammer'ing :P

Tuesday [March 7] seems good. Forum time please?

A time limit sounds like a good idea. In the past, they've been good for driving discussion. Due to no time on Tuesday, I'll end the day at... 5pm forum time on Monday. Also, I don't like extends so you all better decide on who to lynch by then.

That said, are you in a position to disclose more on the specifics of your role, TDS?

The majority of my actual role is already stated on the first post of the game describing the voting system (there's also some text stating that the description of the voting system will be displayed to everyone and some other text stating that I actually have the control over the voting system that the stated description claims I do).

Cinder: Why do you ask?

Vote-request count:

Cinder: webadict, TheDarkStar
TheDarkStar: TBF
Tiruin: 4maskwolf

Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: March 03, 2017, 10:08:45 pm »

@Tiruin:I don't understand your question, please define "freely".

Also, because I felt it necessary to correct a misconception.
That wasn't even in the question. >_>

Tiruin:
Tiruin: How many scum are there this game?  How many third parties?  How useless are these questions, on a scale of "completely useless" to "what the fuck are you smoking and where can I get some?".
These questions.  You know, the ones that I posted at the beginning of the day.
The questions I missed and hence asked you to bop me about, yes. :P

...I'm getting suggest-voted because of missing things.
I just answered some indirectly even without seeing your question >_> I mentioned possibly 2 given a 9 player setup.
Third parties would be probably 2 or 1, given 7 players left in that possibility; one mafia wouldn't be possible unless this is a super power setup. Scum would also include malevolent third parties but knowing you, you say 'mafia' as scum usually :I
And how can I rate those questions as useless when you asked me them I: and I see use in EVERYTHING.

*Tiruin gives 4mask a 3/5 for customer comfortability.

How do you see other people currently?

Because I have Canadian paraphernalia.
Uhh...okay?
o-o
Cheers with Canada there.
Reminds me too of a past game where people would have in-flavor moments connected to their role and wincon. :I

FoU: Do you randomize the roles from what you get or can you be requested to put a theme to it or something?
I do whatever I feel like(and I feel is balanced) with the name submission I receive.

The "putting a theme to it" sounds like a nice idea, though. Might use that for a future FBYOR.
TDS intrigue intensifies.

Webadict:
A rolename is a much higher price than I'm asking. I never granted my own, so I do not expect as such from you.

If you wish to pay such a high price, however, there is a much better chance that I can reward something to your delight. But it may be dangerous to know the True Name of a man. Many things can be done to those that know such knowledge.

So, be wary.

My name is Esmerelda Weatherwax. They call me Granny, or the Hag o' Hags, or K'ez'rek d'b'duz, or Aaoograha hoa. I am Good, because I do what is Right. I am not Nice, and I can't be havin' with that sort of thing.

Show me what you got.
Oh now I'm remembering LNCP's SPY MAFIA GAME :I
This really feels like you are doing that to get webadict to speak about stuff more. But carry on. :V

This feels so strange >_> We've nothing to go on but people soft-softclaiming as of this time being and it feels like people are being utterly cautious around each other.

Oh my.

Bold choice, DA.
Oh wow.
* 4maskwolf Steeples his fingers and observes

Regardless of how this turns out, it should be most informative.  Although I suspect that the information he will receive (if any) will not be received until the night anyway, so we may as well move on with the silliness that is D1 of a mafia game.
Now this is intriguing. Other people knowing stuff. :V

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: March 04, 2017, 02:56:25 am »

Webadict:

So, be wary.

Show me what you got.
Hmm, that's a tricky one... THE Granny Weatherwax! She would want many things and nothing, though she'd never willingly tell me either.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: March 04, 2017, 02:59:30 am »

webadict:Did you see what I said in my earlier post?
Sigtext

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 57