Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 86

Author Topic: COVEN: Gulled Goldsmiths and Lost Locomotives  (Read 148320 times)

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably writing something.
    • View Profile
Re: COVEN: Mission One
« Reply #135 on: February 26, 2017, 05:09:23 am »

((...I feel like the GM just ignored my previous post.))

Cut the guy in half with my scyth after distracting him with a gentlemanly comment. Then Write the Crater rune down, walk away, Write the Crater run down, walk away, Write the Crater rune down, wa- you probabaly get the idea now don't you? I want everything to explode.
“I would stop you from doing unholy experiments with my people, but I don’t actually care about their well-being and I kinda want to see what happens”

Spoken like a true god TankKit.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: February 26, 2017, 07:14:02 am »

Into the rough stuff huh? I got something that will tighten those leather pants.

SUMMON SUMMON SUMMON SUMMON RIGHT IN HIS FUCKING FACE!

Head over towards Sand, because they sound like they might want some help.
Head back to find others and tell them about the machine and man. Look for Sand-chan, and use the collar on the beast attacking him.

3+2 vs 2+3

Sand desperately invokes the transparent snake demons, and a gate opens up between our plane and theirs. A stream of snarling serpents whoosh straight towards the beast, the ground beneath them cracking and filling with rich dark blood. The monster hurls itself sideways, Sand gritting her teeth as she forces the demon towards it again and again, the snakes eviscerating tree trunks into strips of flesh as they dive at the creature. Try as she might, however, Sand can't hit the beast.

Jimmy runs onto the scene, dashing around trees and getting lost in the darkness, just as the two of them square up for another round.

Goethe also comes running in, screams something incoherent about rituals, machines and dark energy, then clutches at a pendant hung round his neck.

1+1

He attempts to perform a miracle upon the beast, but instead finds himself engaged indirectly with a strong and dirty god. A ball of force explodes from the pendant, sending him flying back into the night, while his bones warp agonisingly and thick hair sprouts from his body, cheeks, chin and nose. He gets to his feet, recovering from the pain of the changes, then screams again as he realises his partial transformation.

You can hear the pair of Wiccan hipsters some way off running towards the sounds of conflict get interrupted, while the church bell starts tolling loudly. Shouting comes from all over the park.

Beat the shit out of the hippies, taking advantage of my superior agility and staff

4+1+1 vs 1+1.5, 1+1.5

You charge into the hipsters unawares, transforming your lampstand into a thick, ornate brass whip crackling with lightning and striking them about the heads with it. Both go out like a light from the heavy impact and massive electric shock to their skulls. Just to make sure, you finish them off with a great deal of non-arcane whacking. They seem pretty dead.

Micky continues sneaking towards the objective. If he encounters any hipsters who are alone, he will take them down quietly via chokehold.

6+1

You move very, very quietly through the trees, catching sight of something lurking on top of a publi toilets in the open space to your left but creeping quickly away. You arrive at the centre of the park to see a massively bearded man and a woman wearing a dark, richly embroidered tunic and a tracksuit standing talking in a sphere of malevolent dark energy. A white loop floats in the sphere, growing slightly as it spins, above what seems to be a coffee machine buzzing with ritual power. On top of the coffee machine are what look like charred human remains.

Sneak closer to the thing atop the toilets, remaining behind cover if possible, with knife and taser already drawn.  Inspect it.

1+1

You move left behind the parked cars surrounding the square, go round the corner, climb over the fence and enter the trees in the left side of the park. Subtly moving through them, you get much closer to the thing in the public toilets, illuminated by the unnerving light coming from the centre of the park.

Bent-backed, over-muscled, shaggy and vulpine, some messed-up human or caveman lurks, huge yellow-nailed paws on massive haunches. You step on a used needle, and it spins round towards you, sniffing at the air, although you could have sworn that the sound was covered by the church bell ringing.

((...I feel like the GM just ignored my previous post.))

Cut the guy in half with my scyth after distracting him with a gentlemanly comment. Then Write the Crater rune down, walk away, Write the Crater run down, walk away, Write the Crater rune down, wa- you probabaly get the idea now don't you? I want everything to explode.
4+1 vs 5+2

You say something in an incomprehensible accent, then turn your cane into a massive scythe as unobtrusively as possible and swing for his waist. He sees you coming, and reacts impossibly fast, a sphere of burning points of darkness forming around his hand before he hurls it into you point blank at head height. Only by blocking with the bone handle of your scthe do you prevent your cereberal matter being spread over several metres, and you're thrown back by the shock into a parked car, gashing your leg as the wing mirror fractures.

Your assailant ducks behind a gravestone, clearly preparing for another attack, while you get to your feet painfully. You could definitely write "crater" over things right now, but not killing the guy in one hit might have changed your strategy.

The church bells ring out through the park, and the place erupts into confused shouting.

The time is 11:47. 13 minutes left.

Spoiler: sheets (click to show/hide)
One wheel short of a wagon

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: February 26, 2017, 08:29:18 am »

Make sure I'm still recognizable as myself, and not things like the beast that attacked Sand,so I'm not confused for one of them. Use the molasses spell on the beast if Sand has trouble with it. This is probably reversible, right?
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: February 26, 2017, 09:55:29 am »

"Oh my, how ungentlemanly of you!" Start lecturing him about the Gentleman code of honor, and how it is rude to attack Gentlemen, and a bunch of other Gentlemanly until he decides to become my Gentlemanly apprentice. If that fails then just wack him in the face with my scythe.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2017, 09:58:18 am by TankKit »
“I would stop you from doing unholy experiments with my people, but I don’t actually care about their well-being and I kinda want to see what happens”

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: February 26, 2017, 12:02:57 pm »

Fill that ugly ape Fucker with Hot Copper, if he dies too quickly get a move on to finding that Bloody ritual.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Mallos

• Bay Watcher
  • sick and tired of being sick and tired
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: February 26, 2017, 12:35:24 pm »

Head toward the glow I saw earlier, that should be in the relative direction of the ritual.
Gone. Departed. Headed off toward greener pastures.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #141 on: February 26, 2017, 06:02:46 pm »

You guys got this? I got some power to devour.

Can I ride my snakes without being hamburgered? Probably not. In that case, desummon and get some mana back. Run towards the hipsters. Mooks don't matter, putting eldrich nonsense in my face hole does.

Murder Hipsters, inject lovecraftian horrors INTO MYSELF!

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: February 28, 2017, 06:22:56 pm »

Update tomorrow, haven't forgotten about this, post if possible S34N1C

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: February 28, 2017, 08:25:29 pm »

((Sorry about the delay))

Micky uses his gloves on himself, creeps up behind the duo, and punches the bearded guy in the back of the head.
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: COVEN: Mission One - A Warrior's End
« Reply #145 on: March 01, 2017, 01:58:50 pm »

Make sure I'm still recognizable as myself, and not things like the beast that attacked Sand,so I'm not confused for one of them. Use the molasses spell on the beast if Sand has trouble with it. This is probably reversible, right?
Fill that ugly ape Fucker with Hot Copper, if he dies too quickly get a move on to finding that Bloody ritual.
You guys got this? I got some power to devour.

Can I ride my snakes without being hamburgered? Probably not. In that case, desummon and get some mana back. Run towards the hipsters. Mooks don't matter, putting eldrich nonsense in my face hole does.

Murder Hipsters, inject lovecraftian horrors INTO MYSELF!

Sand chooses the better part of valour and the more ambiguous side of outright betrayl by sprinting away to the left of the ritual glow. She arrives at the hipster corpses shortly after Lucian Faust has finished beating them to death and left for the commotion at the centre of the park.

There's a slightly awkward pause as the combatants figure out who is staying, leaving, needs to be pursued, is still alive, etc. Then the beast throws itself at Goethe instead, clearly preferring the slower and weakened morsel.

5+0, 4-1 vs 4+3

Both witches start unloading with their wands, burning missiles flying through the night. Jimmy misses both times as the creature runs past him, while Goethe backs up and forces the animal to dodge around angrily, scoring a minor hit on its haunches with a gobbet of burning molasses. His aim is a little impeded by his suddenly prominent fingernails and pawlike hand.

((Sorry about the delay))

Micky uses his gloves on himself, creeps up behind the duo, and punches the bearded guy in the back of the head.
Head toward the glow I saw earlier, that should be in the relative direction of the ritual.

5+1 (Stealth Check)

3+2+1+1 vs 3

Micky moves silently around the pair of concerned-looking cultists, slipping from tree to tree, before coming up behind the beardy guy and hitting him brutally in the back of the neck. It's not a perfect blow, the spot behind the ear being preferable, but the fact that his hands are currently pretty much concrete at the moment combined with his fist's momentum suffices to snap the man's spine.

A stirring motion in the air of soiled energy flows out of the dead mage's body and into the substantial cloud of burning particles around the coffe-machine made ritual altar. A little gets caught on Micky's skull, and he gains a puissant clot.

The female cultists screams in anger and pulls back her hand, evidently preparing some kind of magical attack, just after Lucian arrives on the scene. Two more Wiccan hipsters can be seen running up from the further end of the park, knives drawn and glinting.

Back off a bit, and then start circling around, but don't stop watching that dude.  If stealth fails, taze it and charge forward to slash its throat with the knife.

Stealth: 3+1

You move back, not quite quietly enough. The things follows, though it still hasn't located you, as you attempt to melt into the trees.

Your circling away from the inquisitive beast is bringing you towards a glowing mass in the centre of the park, several figures running towards it.

"Oh my, how ungentlemanly of you!" Start lecturing him about the Gentleman code of honor, and how it is rude to attack Gentlemen, and a bunch of other Gentlemanly until he decides to become my Gentlemanly apprentice. If that fails then just wack him in the face with my scythe.

You give a brilliant, inspiring and witty lecture on the code of honour and chivalry in the modern day. Despite your eloquence, your opponent stays behind a tombstone only to pop up and throw a suspended explosion consisting of a perfect sphere of red-hot cofee grains at your head.

1+2 vs 2 +1

You less dodge than fall away from the blast created when the magical projectile impacts on the fence between you and detonates. The ground nearby, the tombstones the man was hiding behind, and the fence itself are melted and shrivelled. The two of you have no cover at all against one another. You raise your sythe for a final sweep, just as a hipster wearing several layers and garments made of nothing but tweed rushes through the church doors with an athame towards the two of you.

1+1 vs 4(escape), 5+2 (attack)

The mage rolls away from your wide and arthiritic swing, while the tweed-wearing assassin bears down on you and stabs you up through the kidneys and into the lungs with a short, very pointy ritual blade. You collapse, rolling away through puddles of melted iron and towards the line of cars as blood wells up in your throat and mouth. You estimate that you have about thirty seconds to live as you roll under a taxi clinging to your cane. Your puissance regenerates fully as the adrenaline really starts pumping, not that it can save you now.

The tweed-wearing avenger and the traumatised mage stroll towards you to investigate the soon-to-be corpse.

The time is 11:48.

Spoiler: sheets (click to show/hide)

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: March 01, 2017, 02:32:14 pm »

"Oh dear, it would appear that I'm about to die." Heal myself, if that works then try to run away and hide so that I can heal... if that doesn't work, then I will write Crater on everything within reach using... I guess I'd be using my fingers and my blood. "You guys are very ungentlemanly you know."

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: March 01, 2017, 02:49:24 pm »

Heal yourself with what? Do you have anything that might help with internal bleeding? Friends in otherworldly places? I might have forgotten or lost an item or something. But as far as I know all you have is a staff for breaking bones, and I don't see how that helps.

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: March 01, 2017, 02:54:35 pm »

You could roll for if the cars had medical supplies in them.

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: March 01, 2017, 03:02:43 pm »

You could roll for if the cars had medical supplies in them.
Or, at least, something to hold back the blood for now. Then again, looking for it would leave him prone to another attack.

Jimmy, I'll stop the beast by making it spin with a spell. Then you should have a clearer shot at it, and the wire'll twist around it as it spins. OK?
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 86