Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 86

Author Topic: COVEN: Gulled Goldsmiths and Lost Locomotives  (Read 147532 times)

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: COVEN: Mission Two
« Reply #300 on: April 14, 2017, 12:11:06 pm »

Does the trippy summoning portal look like something that was produced sloppily, accidentally, or untrained?
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: April 16, 2017, 06:23:34 am »

Ahem. Players?

Does the trippy summoning portal look like something that was produced sloppily, accidentally, or untrained?
Sloppily and untrained, yes. With no real understanding of what they were doing.
One wheel short of a wagon

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: April 16, 2017, 06:34:16 am »

Go up to Sir Worthington, and ask him what he thinks of his new 'job'.

Edit: Ask her about the rooms of tenants who she hasn't seen recently. Or, perhaps, at all.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2017, 07:20:26 pm by OceanSoul »
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: April 16, 2017, 08:20:54 am »

well, guess I'll follow the others.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: April 16, 2017, 12:28:18 pm »

Whelp, I'd better Start going and looking in through people's windows on the first floor, and the second one if My broom can reach 'em.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: April 16, 2017, 02:03:53 pm »

Ahem. Players?

Sloppily and untrained, yes. With no real understanding of what they were doing.
Move up higher on the stairs, wait for my talisman to recharge, then pop my talisman's ability again. Try to triangulate the position of the LSD-portal, and go to the door of the room that contains it (does it make noise?).
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
Re: Re: COVEN: Mission Two
« Reply #306 on: April 16, 2017, 07:13:59 pm »

Since OceanSoul apparently gave up on interrogating the receptionist, Ben will take over!

...You brought this on yourself.
  *sigh*...  Nevermind, he remembered, Ben will keep mum.

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: April 16, 2017, 07:20:47 pm »

Since OceanSoul apparently gave up on interrogating the receptionist, Ben will take over!

"Well, miss, we're looking for one of these creepy loner types that always end up shooting schools or whatever.  You know, pale, skinny, stay in their apartment forever without leaving, listen to shitty whiny Jap music.  Crazies like that are ticking time bombs, you know?  Gotta get to 'em and solve the problem before they go off and rape your dog."
Forgot about that. Changed my action.
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: April 16, 2017, 10:21:05 pm »

"Well, miss, we're looking for one of these creepy loner types that always end up shooting schools or whatever.  You know, pale, skinny, stay in their apartment forever without leaving, listen to shitty whiny Jap music.  Crazies like that are ticking time bombs, you know?  Gotta get to 'em and solve the problem before they go off and rape your dog."
If syvarris actually says this:
"That is quite a bit of an... extreme (and racist) way to put it. And we're not looking for all of them, just one."

"Would you happen to know of any people who might match Mr. Jonathan's (made-up cover-name) rather... vulgar description, my dear lady?"

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: April 17, 2017, 01:51:30 pm »

Cast the rose wand's second spell on some inanimate object (like a picture frame) within the children's sight. If they don't react to that, they're probably muggles. If they do react, further investigation is warranted.
If nothing proves interesting, move up to floor three.

You send out a stream of thorny vines around the nearest ceiling light. One child screams softly in fright and runs back into the kitchen. The other two just look at you and the vines, confused. A large woman comes out, the sort of working class person you always assumed were there to contrast with the wealthy and intelligent, and accuses you of messing about with spray paint. All boringly mortal, apparently, and they don't even have anything worth stealing.

Trying the third floor up (21-26, this is England), you pick up a bit of magic coming from room 24, and a very nasty smell coming from 21.

Oh, and there's several valuable things on the first floor, you think. One of them magic and guarded.

Go up to Sir Worthington, and ask him what he thinks of his new 'job'.

Edit: Ask her about the rooms of tenants who she hasn't seen recently. Or, perhaps, at all.
She hasn't seen 06 and 05 in some time, she's starting to get worried about it. She also only saw 06 once, a foreign young man. 11, 12, 14, 23, 24, 26, 31 all don't talk or go out much, she thinks, but she sees them all fairly regularly, if not very often.

well, guess I'll follow the others.
You slouch near Ben. Oh cool, he has an automatic weapon.

Whelp, I'd better Start going and looking in through people's windows on the first floor, and the second one if My broom can reach 'em.
Your broom can indeed. Short swoops up to a height of thirty metres or so are very doable, but you have to get down fairly quickly.
You tick  11, 12, 14, 16, 21, 22, and 25 off the list. They're all inhabited by people who don't meet the description at all. Room 24 is lit up slightly blue, as if from a screen, and you can sense a bit of magic coming off it. You can also see some runes floating through the air and clustering downstairs, as if something else is going on down there.

Ahem. Players?

Move up higher on the stairs, wait for my talisman to recharge, then pop my talisman's ability again. Try to triangulate the position of the LSD-portal, and go to the door of the room that contains it (does it make noise?).
  Rit: 6+3

You find the portal, as much by the stench of magic as by your talisman's ability. Room 24. That's where the portal is. Definitely.

*sigh*...  Nevermind, he remembered, Ben will keep mum.

You just glower at people. Oh look, some punk who just joined the Coven whose name you don't know is standing next to you. If he survives the next few hours you might even talk to him.

Spoiler: rooms+information (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: sheets (click to show/hide)
One wheel short of a wagon

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: April 17, 2017, 02:08:38 pm »

Whelp, I'm going to Break into Room 6 Viva window.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Leftover Potential
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: April 17, 2017, 02:25:14 pm »

Knock on door 24. It's worth warning the person there that we're here, so they don't attack us if things go loud.
Always remember!
Pumsy loves you!

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: April 18, 2017, 01:35:54 am »

Knock on door 24. It's worth warning the person there that we're here, so they don't attack us if things go loud.
If the guy answers the door:
"Hello, we're with the Society of Dimensional Preservation. We've had some complaints about you weakening the fabric of reality to dangerous levels. Now, while we don't mind you using your ability to create portals for... recreation, you will need to be trained in the proper construction of them so that you don't accidentally summon an invasion force of prismatic horrors or the like. Fortunately, while the training process used to take weeks, recent magical rituals have enabled us to shorten the time required dramatically. If you would kindly come with us, we could get your dimensional magic stabilized within the hour."

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: April 18, 2017, 05:44:58 am »

Thank secretary for her time, and enter earshot of door 24.

Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 86