Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 173

Author Topic: Magical ASCII Mine-diving Adventure, Day 20 - At Rest  (Read 222908 times)

Sir Knight

• Bay Watcher
  • E Platypus Unum
    • View Profile
Re: Magical ASCII Mine-diving Adventure, Day 8 - Twisty Little Passages
« Reply #900 on: July 01, 2017, 07:10:44 am »

( . . . Hmm, we seem to have unexpectedly lost contact with another member.  This is pretty rotten timing.  Do I make up an action for both of them and just proceed?)

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #901 on: July 01, 2017, 09:11:12 am »

((Roll insanity?))
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

magmaholic

• Bay Watcher
  • "Hello again"- canadian stalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #902 on: July 01, 2017, 10:36:00 am »

(have the rat lemmings target the weakest players in vicinity,AKA the ones who are staring off in the distance with a dopey look on their face in response to danger. you cannot play the WHOLE game for them)
I am a Goober.

PaPaj

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazed escaped dwarf from Alcatraz
    • View Profile
« Reply #903 on: July 01, 2017, 10:44:17 am »

(HEY,i just dont want to die)
"Hey how are you doing? well im doing just fine,i lie i am dying inside" - [place data of this short song being made here] some girl with a guitar

Sir Knight

• Bay Watcher
  • E Platypus Unum
    • View Profile
« Reply #904 on: July 01, 2017, 11:01:13 am »

(have the rat lemmings target the weakest players in vicinity,AKA the ones who are staring off in the distance with a dopey look on their face in response to danger. you cannot play the WHOLE game for them)

(Well, I can at least play ONE round for them.  This is unusual, after all.)

(Believe it or not, the main thing slowing me down is the possibility of giving these people kills when they're not playing.  It would be logical for me to have Durenadal (HugeNerdAndProudOfIt) start throwing rocks, since he's done that before, but by chance he hasn't killed anything yet.  It also would be logical for Alyssa Alpine (Rautherdir) to charge into battle, what with the background of "a hunter and a hired blade."  And these tiny creatures have 1 HP each, so both of the players would be away from the computer when they got their first kills in the entire game!)

(I guess, having acknowledged this in public, I can get over it and just post.  Though I'll have some real-world work to complete first.)

Rautherdir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #905 on: July 01, 2017, 12:41:48 pm »

(Sorry. I was unable to post for a bit.)
Hear the sounds of battle and rush back to the group.

Sir Knight

• Bay Watcher
  • E Platypus Unum
    • View Profile
« Reply #906 on: July 01, 2017, 03:10:04 pm »

Oh ho!  Then, like I said, I'll be on that "updating" thing, just with one fewer substitution.

Sir Knight

• Bay Watcher
  • E Platypus Unum
    • View Profile
« Reply #907 on: July 01, 2017, 04:35:49 pm »

Previous -- Next

Nice, the numbers turn out pretty well for this encounter!

Spoiler: Combat round order (click to show/hide)

. . . Dwain, Alyssa Alpine, Dustan, John, Durenadal, Ragnarok, Overseer, the ant lemmings.  You got lucky twice on dealing with those things, but they do still get to attack multiple times . . .

Word, deed, and chitinous rodent are agitated in the extreme.  John reaches Overseer and Ragnarok near the wheelbarrows, and there are attempts at organization, but in the end you wind up standing behind each other with a wheelbarrow barricade against the oncoming ant lemmings.  Wait, they're all crawling close to the ground, what good would that do?  Sure enough, that split-off group of them seems to continue on a "beeline" toward your entrance to this area of the caves.

John goes full-tilt, hacking and slashing with your pick as each new pincer-waving head appears in your midst.  Paying no attention to the fact that you have pincers still lodged in your body, you deal yourself a near-terminal dose of your own damage before the immediate threat lies dead!

Ant lemming has been struck down! x7

Ragnarok's strategy of standing behind John seems to have worked . . .

In the north, a concerned Dwain comes back around to investigate the shouting, and sees the other line coming around the bend.  You blink several times in confusion, expecting a human/human conflict.  And what are those weird ant . . . lemming . . . things doing, anyway?  Are they following some kind of trail?  Whoops, not for long; they're breaking march and swarming up to you!  A badly-thrown rock from Durenadal nearly brains you, but it alerts you to the danger of your position, and you whack a few with your pick until they stop moving.  And, oh yes, they are trying to rip your ankles out from under you.

Ant lemming has been struck down! x3

Alyssa Alpine runs up from behind.  It looks like there will still be more to kill . . .

Speaking of which, Dustan also appears out from the southeast cave.  You had gotten to your feet and vaulted the nearest ant lemmings without a bite, but now the remaining ones have abandoned their fallen kindred and swarm after you!

(Lucky not to get hit at any point.)

So, for once, the count of swarming creatures on the map is true to the actual count left alive.  Kinda neat.  I'm also amused that I didn't have to mess with Durenadal (HugeNerdAndProudOfIt) while absent, by a total coincidence of numbers.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2017, 09:49:23 am by Sir Knight »

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #908 on: July 01, 2017, 04:52:06 pm »

I've got this half-forgotten war-hammer, of course, so let's see what it does to these remaining critters... At least see if they bounce of walls if I hit them a hard enough blunt-damage swipe towards silly mid off or deep extra cover (or something). If they just bounce and come running back, though, return to threatening with a pointy bit of the pick before they scramble back into range.

(Also beware behind, Alyssa. But as an expert fighter you no doubt already know how to work round me.)
« Last Edit: July 01, 2017, 04:55:23 pm by Starver »

Rautherdir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #909 on: July 01, 2017, 04:58:38 pm »

Run around Dwain and kill Ant Lemmings with the sword I was given.

PaPaj

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazed escaped dwarf from Alcatraz
    • View Profile
« Reply #910 on: July 01, 2017, 06:17:24 pm »

Ragnarek is trying to rip nearest ant's head off
"Hey how are you doing? well im doing just fine,i lie i am dying inside" - [place data of this short song being made here] some girl with a guitar

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #911 on: July 01, 2017, 07:28:29 pm »

stomp these monsters and kill as many as I can.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

ziizo

• Bay Watcher
  • Tired and Lazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #912 on: July 01, 2017, 08:07:05 pm »

Put all the nearby  Ant-lemming corpses mostly to do something useful that doesn't threaten my life.
GG, Ziizo. May my spirit live on in your boobs.

Sir Knight

• Bay Watcher
  • E Platypus Unum
    • View Profile
« Reply #913 on: July 01, 2017, 11:00:48 pm »

(I'm noticing a theme in most of these replies.  I shall return to check for more, though we have one confirmation that responses will be slow.)

Sir Knight

• Bay Watcher
  • E Platypus Unum
    • View Profile
« Reply #914 on: July 02, 2017, 09:51:31 am »

Whoops, I just realized that I left out the "struck down!" announcements.  From both of the most-recent posts.  Corrected now . . .
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 173