Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 18

Author Topic: RTKEOAES, aka Necrothread the RTD (what is happening I don't know)  (Read 31374 times)

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile

"I am no cannibal, the flesh of the intelligent is far too valuable to eat," Dwyn said still dragging the unconscious man behind him. "I'd pay for your aid if you'll help me get this meat back to market though, or perhaps you'd like to help me gather up a few more to sell..."
"If not for the savoring of the flesh what other purpose could such a victim be? But for your proposal, I will accept to help your "extraction of resources", I'd imagine that one victim could only be so valuable compared to an amount" While I'm speaking this I am scavenging off this dead body for any valuable trinkets

"Ah, but consider how much flesh could be brought to you be a well trained slave. There's wealth beyond measure in a good slave, outlander. I would warn you though, there is something here that clouds the mind. Be wary."

Tighten the bindings on the new slave while waiting for the lizard to be done.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile

Poke the GM with THE MOST VERSITILE WEAPON EVER CREATED a finger.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Rethi-Eli

• Bay Watcher
  • I came for the LNP, I stayed for the RTDs.
    • View Profile

Thine journeys are starting, brave ones...
It is thine destiny to leave this place...
Of you there are four...
Thou shalt know each other by mine blessing...
I shall make thee luminesce to thine own...

Poke the GM with THE MOST VERSITILE WEAPON EVER CREATED a finger.

pls no

"Ah, a fellow cannibal I see here around in the plains!, I believe it's a good idea if we stick together, the world just doesn't seem as fascinated and content with ideals of a true warrior nowadays." Saying this in the natural snake-like voice

Request to this new character if I can tag along with, if refused than go my own way and follow down these footsteps for the assailant. Oh yeah either way, make sure I scavenge off the unclaimed dead body for loot than devour it

(Yes GM, I will try in my earnest to update my main sheet from here on out)

The body is devoid of any loot, but it tastes just fine.

"I am no cannibal, the flesh of the intelligent is far too valuable to eat," Dwyn said still dragging the unconscious man behind him. "I'd pay for your aid if you'll help me get this meat back to market though, or perhaps you'd like to help me gather up a few more to sell..."
"If not for the savoring of the flesh what other purpose could such a victim be? But for your proposal, I will accept to help your "extraction of resources", I'd imagine that one victim could only be so valuable compared to an amount" While I'm speaking this I am scavenging off this dead body for any valuable trinkets

"Ah, but consider how much flesh could be brought to you be a well trained slave. There's wealth beyond measure in a good slave, outlander. I would warn you though, there is something here that clouds the mind. Be wary."

Tighten the bindings on the new slave while waiting for the lizard to be done.

(12) you tighten the savage's bindings. When the lizard an finishes... feasting, you both start heading out. With the lizard man aiding you in carrying the fellow, you make it out of the grassy fields and back to the slave market posthaste. Almost immediately, a crowd swarms around you, shouting out various prices.

"100 black blood!"

"150!"

"5 red blood!"

3 red blood and 3 blue!"

However, the bids are drowned out by an unearthly voice. (It's the stuff at the start of the post, kek)
You look at your lizardman companion. Say, he didn't glow before, did he?

Use my Stare of Death on the tiger, then leap forward and slash its front leg.

"I don't want to kill you...but I see I don't have much choice."

You stare at the tiger. (3) it seems a bit shaken, but in doesn't flee, only backing up slightly. Your companion assumes a fighting stance, although they seem unfit for combat.

"I don't want to kill you...but I see I don't have much choice."

You leap forward and slash the beast's leg, causing it to roar and limp backwards. The beast circles you for a few tense seconds before slinking back into the grass.

With that over, you help the wounded warrior back out of the tall grass and into the tavern.

"T-thank you... I owe you my life. I am Deikos of High Rock, and I am forever in your debt. I was a dragons layer back in the day, so of you're ever going to be fighting those drakes in the southeast corner, feel free to ask for my aid. My sword and my strength are yours if you'd ever have need of them. I'll be at this tavern if you want to talk to me again."

doing his best not to vomit, he then turns his attentions to the captain of the cuttlefish-men. Switching to a more defensive stance, he would approach and as attempt to goad the captain into attacking him.
If he succeeded,he would try to parry the strike and riposte by bashing them with the pommel before bringing the blunt side of his halberd head down on the captain with the intent of knocking them out of combat quickly so they cannot rally their allies.

(I love the detail you put into this, because each sentence gives me a bit more info to work with on the rolls, from the defensive stance to the pommel strike.)

You walk forward menacingly, striding towards the cuttlefishman captain. The captain shrieks and charges you. He attacks viciously!

(17 - 3 + 1 + 1 = 16 vs. 18 + 3 - 1 = 20)

Your parry attempt fails, and you're struck by the axe!

-12 HP!

You still go in for the knockout with your halberd.

(20 + 2 + 2 = 24 vs. 14 + 3 = 17)

You bash the cuttlefishman captain in the side of the head, and it falls unconscious. Upon seeing this, the rest of the cuttlefishmen flee! The knights around you cheer.

+34 EXP!

The rest of the monsters also retreat, and the knights who fought with you start congratulating you and shaking your hand. It isn't long until one of their leaders approaches you, and starts commending you with a strongly accented voice.

"Lad, you fought bravely out zere. I hope I'm not being too brash, but vould you consider joining us in our endeavors? It is ze utmost honor to be one of ze Vall Knights, as opposed to a guard. I saw your prowess on ze battlefield - you downed three of those creatures in a matter of seconds! I am Marshal Bludlieber, commander of the Vall Knights. Will you join us?"

One of the Wall Knights whispers to you while he speaks.

"He's from some strange land where people say v instead of w. There ain't no such thing as a Vall Knight, just so ye know.

Spoiler: Executioner Dustan (click to show/hide)
In the end, the winner is the one with the most snake venom.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile

"Walk in accordance to nature, friend. Be well."

Continue heading southwest, still need to cull evil men from this world.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile

he would briefly attempt to speak, before clutching his chest in pain. Tossing his helm off to the side, he would hurl what litttle he had for lunch back onto the ground as his body tries to expel the foul poison.

After recovering from that moment, he would turn unsteadily to the wall knight marshal addressing him.

"I am honored to join the wall knights. It will be good to have kinship in this dark land, but I have matters to attend to now the battle is over: My health and my foe."
he would briefly scavenge the battlefield, pick up his helm, and then go to shoulder-carry the enemy captain back to town with him. His foe seemed primal, but was doubtless more intelligent than they seemed.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2017, 02:37:48 am by Dustan Hache »
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile

"Now what is this fuzzy feeling crawling under my skin? Never been a stickler of light y'know. This authoritarian voice isn't going to threaten me, y'hear! Speak clearly will ya! "
Request that this godlike voice clarifies what it's trying to say, if the voice won't clarify I'll just assume it doesn't want us to be in combat party with each other. Not because that I'm inferring that I'll leave the party. Also try to understand why my body is all...glowing
« Last Edit: March 04, 2017, 05:55:09 am by Shadowclaw777 »

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Dwyn pointedly ignored the voice for a moment. Its message was plain enough, and he had more pressing matters to attend to.

Get a feel for relative values of the different blood as people place bids, highlight the slave's strength and tenacity in order to bring prices up.

After:

Apparently we're both bound by the same master, my luminescent lizard friend. Shackles between equals creates a fascinating kind of slavery, and I see our partnership -if temporary- being quite profitable. Join me, and we'll both escape rich and well-fed.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile

Dwyn pointedly ignored the voice for a moment. Its message was plain enough, and he had more pressing matters to attend to.

Get a feel for relative values of the different blood as people place bids, highlight the slave's strength and tenacity in order to bring prices up.

After:

Apparently we're both bound by the same master, my luminescent lizard friend. Shackles between equals creates a fascinating kind of slavery, and I see our partnership -if temporary- being quite profitable. Join me, and we'll both escape rich and well-fed.
"Hah! a land filled with constant bloodshed and the relaxation of any sort of authority, well except for whatever this "master" is, is completely perfect for me.  The only escape I need is the one from is this voice. But I will still join you to help you for a portion of any loots and valuables of any kind we may find"
« Last Edit: March 04, 2017, 01:44:23 pm by Shadowclaw777 »

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile

impatiently await next turn.

Rethi-Eli

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile

It's been another day. Is something wrong?

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It's been another day. Is something wrong?

Depends on his nationality. he's still get 3 hours by my clock.

Assuming by day he means until 12:01 of the next calendar day.
---

Rethi-Eli

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I am extremely sorry, but I have standardized testing for the next four days, so the chances of update in that time period are nigh negligible. Apologies all around.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile

I am extremely sorry, but I have standardized testing for the next four days, so the chances of update in that time period are nigh negligible. Apologies all around.
Fair enough, just try to let us know when stuff like this happens. A short post  of "turn delayed, <reason>, <rough timeframe>" helps us keep patient while still eagerly anticipating an update.
Good luck on your tests!

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile

Seconded, best of luck!
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 18