Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 57

Author Topic: The Unpopular/Controversial Ideas Thread.  (Read 73870 times)

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
Re: The Unpopular/Controversial Ideas Thread.
« Reply #405 on: March 08, 2017, 05:35:48 pm »

I don't dislike spiders but I vastly prefer snakes. I was even given a certificate of "snake friendliness" as a young child for handling one at a zoo, and I was too young to remember it.

I really don't understand what the deal is with snakes for people. Most of them literally can't hurt you and if you're handling a domestic snake then it almost certainly can't hurt you. I was even chased by an angry and wild cottonmouth as a slightly older child and did not develop any snake phobia.
Lord knows I don't have a phobia about them, and like anyone who has seen one, I want one of those crazy black and white storm trooper ball python morphs, but I can remember a couple of times when we'd be cooling off with a rope swing over a deep part of the creek in Texas and even though we didn't take into account situations where you don't let go (it kinda smacks you into the bank) I decided to take my chance with the dirt because of:

1. Looking down to see what looked like a manhole cover swimming below me, full grown snapping turtle? Ha ha, INTO THE DIRT I GO!

2. Looking down to see a bunch of adorable baby cottonmouths swimming past, in hindsight I don't think they hang out with momma, and I'm not totally sure how bitey and dangerous they are at that age, but once again I was quite happy to deal with a couple of bruises from the bank impact.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2017, 05:37:49 pm by Max™ »

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: March 08, 2017, 05:57:24 pm »

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: March 08, 2017, 06:43:14 pm »

-snip

1. Good idea. Full grown snapping turtles will FUCK YOU UP. My neighbor is rearing a young Alligator Snapping Turtle until it can be returned to the wild (It's about 12" across now, so that will be soon I reckon.)

2. Probably more dangerous than the mother. IIRC, baby snakes aren't able to control venom flow and will give you every ounce they have if they bite. Granted that's probably not anymore than a full grown snake would give you, but sometimes snakes give warning bites without venom. Dangerous either way.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: March 08, 2017, 07:38:49 pm »

Yeah, babies just fang and envenomate since they are gonna get eaten otherwise. Found a baby snapper once and a friend reached out for it, backhanded him and found a stick as big as his finger... *CRUNCHMUNCHCLICK*

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: March 08, 2017, 07:42:51 pm »

Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: March 08, 2017, 08:03:54 pm »

It was like this size though, small enough that for some reason my dumbass friend thought "HURR DURR, LETS SEE WHAT HAPPENS" before I smacked them.

helmacon

• Bay Watcher
  • Just a smol Angel
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: March 09, 2017, 04:39:14 pm »

My grandad owned a pond with some snapping turtles in it. Someone who worked for him legit lost a finger once messing with the turtles. Ever since I found that out i've always been a little terrified about that.
Science is Meta gaming IRL. Humans are cheating fucks.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: March 09, 2017, 08:02:03 pm »

Ok let me see... an unpopular idea...

PETA is a terrible animal rights activist group and should be disbanded.

In fact they have done far more to harm animal rights than anything else and I almost think the only reason they still exist is because SOMEHOW the higher ups actually earn money off it.

As well people need to stop giving PETA a voice and just ignore them like the bat crazy group they are. They are not a viable voice of animal rights... Just no more...

We don't need another scandal where they harass pokemon and go "Ohh sorry! It was a joke" because people actually got pissed at them.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: March 09, 2017, 08:24:11 pm »

http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/PETA
At the height of the Satanic panic in the late 1980s, PETA's newsletter reported (as fact) rumors that pets were being stolen by Satanists for animal sacrifice and "crucifixion" at Halloween.  PETA suggested that people keep their black cats inside around Halloween to protect them from Satanists.[34] They still maintain a "Halloween advisory" on their website, omitting any mention of Satanism or animal sacrifice, yet noting with approval that many shelters refuse to adopt out black cats during October.[35]

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: March 09, 2017, 08:51:43 pm »

.....Yup.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: March 09, 2017, 08:59:33 pm »

wow neo, standing up to PETA. what an unpopular stand. i'm suprised people haven't already burned you at the stake.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: March 09, 2017, 09:02:09 pm »

wow neo, standing up to PETA. what an unpopular stand. i'm suprised people haven't already burned you at the stake.

Yeah but saying that they should be disenfranchised is another step further then what most people would say.

That we should start to invalidate them in the same way that we do not let the KKK talk about immigration.

And before someone says false equivalence... PETA is a hate group.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: March 09, 2017, 09:33:51 pm »

While I am all x.x about making a new thread in my newbox...

[...]
I think that was sarcasm. :P
In which people do agree with you there, given what's been presented moreso lately.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: March 10, 2017, 01:27:21 am »

Ohh... they have gotten worse?

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: March 10, 2017, 07:10:41 am »

I'm pretty sure people have known PETA was borderline extremist for a while. It just doesn't come up very often because PETA itself doesn't do anything newsworthy often enough.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 57