Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 35

Author Topic: Fields of Magical Murder: A Perplexicon Game. T20 [Or That Arm] [W0-E10]  (Read 52933 times)

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
Re: Fields of Magical Murder: A Perplexicon Game. Turn 4 [Two Pair]
« Reply #210 on: April 06, 2017, 11:55:33 pm »

Spoiler: West Coast Surfer Bros (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Note to Dolosus (click to show/hide)

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Does that make scientific sense? No? Well it's Earth IV and he's a giant crocodile-man. Use your imagination.
Ongoing Forum Thingamajiggers:
Wikipedia Wars: Revengance

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: April 07, 2017, 01:12:09 am »

Please don't let textbooks invade Bay12.
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: April 07, 2017, 08:00:49 am »

Spoiler: Question to Ocean (click to show/hide)
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: April 07, 2017, 08:24:59 am »

Spoiler: Question to Ocean (click to show/hide)
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile

TEAM EAST

[Derm Speed:5]

Derm stares over at Larry and prepares his magic.

[Pot:3+2]
[Dex:3+1]

A wall made of green acid appears before Derm and launches itself toward Larry.  Uh, they're actually all kind of close together with your allies...

Spoiler: Eastern Adjustment (click to show/hide)

[Bastien Speed:4]

Before you can consider messing with the hippo, you find yourself under fire from a wall of acid!

[Dex:2+2]

You fling yourself to the side and narrowly avoid it.  If it had been aimed square at you, it would have clipped you.

You turn toward the hippo, which gives Larry an opening to attack.

[Dex:2+2]
[End:2+1]
[End:4+1]

You realize what is happening too late to do anything about it.  You are sucked up into the spot where the attack hit, compounded by all the bodies flying into you.  At the end, the group is dumped into a big pile, with you near the top, dazed.  {-1 next roll}

The hippo was unfazed by this attack, and instead headed east to avoid people.

Spoiler: East (click to show/hide)

[Greg Speed:3]

Time to test with this aura!

[Pot:4+2-1]

Your existing aura doesn't like this spell, but succumbs to it.  The existing aura flares and vanishes, while magical sparkles cover your body and settle in.  You go ahead and activate the result.  Your skin turns grey and metallic, much like the previous one, but without the magical sheen.  Huh.

[Dex:3-1]
[End:2]

Distracted by the fancy magic, you barely notice the attack aimed at you, and it smashes directly into your face before you can move.

A point of nothingness explodes into a singularity, sucking you up into a ball.  It smashes you around the center for a moment before discharging and dropping you roughly on the ground.  You are too dazed to consider more magic... except to notice that your cape and guisarme are gone.

More magical testing, hiding behind this wall.

[Pot:4+2]

This gets you a nice shimmering image of a tower shield.

Spoiler: Note to Ocean (click to show/hide)

[Pot:3+2]

This gets you an image of a giant insect.  Well, giant as far as insects are concerned.

[Pot:5+2]

That's quite a large wolf.

[Pot:2+2]

A bit blurry... maybe some sort of thick wooden weapon?

[Pot:1+2]

Even blurrier.  Long and thin, something?

Also, something unseen from the west attacks Greg.  Whatever it was beat him up a bit then dropped him on the ground.  That's probably a bad thing.

[Lootington Speed:3]

A wall of acid flies over you.  Good thing you were prone!

[Str:2-2]

It doesn't save you from from becoming another member of the manpile, thanks to Larry's attack.

[End:4-1]

You end up under a couple people and a bit shaken.  Thoughts of magic are out of your head.

TEAM WEST

Spoiler: West Wanderers? (click to show/hide)

You do a lil' magic.

[Pot:5+2-1]

Something about the magic dislikes itself, but you force it to cooperate.  The result is a steel greatsword, with a crossguard and grip formed out of a dark hardwood.  It looks like something you'd see on display in a noble's quarters, but it does look quite serviceable.

Grabbing it, you walk on to the south bridge.  Wow; looks like they're having fun without you.

Spoiler: West (click to show/hide)

[Jefro Speed:2+1]

[Dex:4+1]

You easily sidestep the acid aimed at Larry.

[Str:2-1]

Your teammate's attack, however, is not dodged.  You are yanked into the growing manpile.

[End:5]

You're lying on the side a bit, annoyed but unhurt.  Wrong team!

Spoiler: West Wind (click to show/hide)

Enki heads north along the edge of the void.  The other team must have been busy; the easy access to the "bridge" has been walled off with obsidian.  You could climb and jump, but it'd be tricky.  There's another purple wall near the point itself.  Hmmm... yes, there's someone peeking out up at the north point you can see.

[Enki Speed:3+1]
[Enki Pot:2+1]

[Dex:4+1]
[Will:6]

Something about the word combination feels awkward, but it resolves into a point of nothingness shooting directly toward Greg's face.

Spoiler: West Coast Surfer Bros (click to show/hide)

[Larry Speed:3+1]

Larry realizes that he's under direct acid assault!

[Dex:5]

Larry dodges hard and is able to avoid the attack.  It flies into the void and dissipates.

Lootington looks pretty tied up with Jefro, but Bastien is here and just looked away, so you point your right arm at him and will it to activate.

[Dex:6]

The runes on your arm burst into being, reading themselves off.  A point of nothingness flies the few feet required to slam into Bastien before he can react.  It sucks him inward, but the force is enough to pull at you too!

[Str:1-2]
[End:6+1]

Your weak and flimsy self is immediately pulled in, slamming into Bastien.  More bodies come in, and when the pile is dropped, you're on top, but unhurt.

"Awww... who's a good boy!"

Hug both the puppies!

Spoiler: More Importantly... (click to show/hide)

The puppies are hugged.  This agrees with them, though the latest one is like hugging a cloud.  You do not hug the wolf; considering how it looked at you, this seems like a good idea.

[Pot:1+1]

This gets you a minuscule steel chainwhip.  It looks perfect for a Barbie BDSM party.   Sighing, you head off toward your destination; it's a bit of a hike from here.

Oh, the violence!  It gives me great joy to see such aggression!

The only thing better is witnessing so much failure to injure!

That is correct!  I bet several of our contestants wish they had done more damage with that.

We'll see where this goes!

Quote from: Team East, 0 Points
ATHATH: Good Guy Greg - North Capture Point (Steel Aura, 5/6 Pool) [Rubber wallboots]
Person: Sir Lootington - South Capture Point (5/5 Pool)
Derm: Derm - Non-Euclidean Bridge  (3/5 Pool) [Leather Gloves]
Shadowclaw: Bastien - South Capture Point (3/3 Pool) {Dazed, -1 next turn}
OceanSoul: Poe Pello - North Capture Point (5 Pool)  [Dented sheet of purple metal]

Quote from: Team West, 0 Points
FallacyofUrist: Mr. Smith - West Grassy Field (4 Pool)
AoshimaMichio: Enki - West Crystal Field (1/3 Pool) [Druidic Dagger, Druidic Gloves]
Dolosus: Larry Laffer - South Capture Point (5/5 Pool)
Flabort: Johnny - South Capture Point (5 Pool) Druidic Steel Greatsword]
Coolrune:  Jefro - South Capture Point (3/4 Pool) [Steel Gauntlets]

Now that was an interesting turn to run.  Please check my math and make sure I didn't miss anything!
« Last Edit: April 08, 2017, 12:10:23 am by Toaster »
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
Re: Fields of Magical Murder: A Perplexicon Game. Turn 5 [Giant Manpile]
« Reply #215 on: April 07, 2017, 02:26:22 pm »

Spoiler: West is best (click to show/hide)
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: April 07, 2017, 03:10:06 pm »

Spoiler: West Windwalker (click to show/hide)
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: April 07, 2017, 03:17:01 pm »

I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: April 07, 2017, 04:26:16 pm »

Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

Rethi-Eli

• Bay Watcher
  • I came for the LNP, I stayed for the RTDs.
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: April 07, 2017, 05:00:28 pm »

In the end, the winner is the one with the most snake venom.

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: April 07, 2017, 05:51:42 pm »

Spoiler: Goddamn it of the East (click to show/hide)
Please don't let textbooks invade Bay12.
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: April 07, 2017, 05:52:15 pm »

Spoiler: Eastern Embarrassment (click to show/hide)

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: April 07, 2017, 08:16:31 pm »

Success on the weapons front.
Spoiler: Wild Westeners (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Toaster (click to show/hide)
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: April 08, 2017, 12:11:11 am »

Spoiler: Toaster (click to show/hide)

Fixed.

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: April 08, 2017, 07:25:43 pm »

Spoiler: The Wild West (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 09, 2017, 12:07:35 am by DolosusDoleus »
Does that make scientific sense? No? Well it's Earth IV and he's a giant crocodile-man. Use your imagination.
Ongoing Forum Thingamajiggers:
Wikipedia Wars: Revengance
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 35