Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 217

Author Topic: Wands Race - [Moskurg] {COMPLETED}  (Read 189244 times)

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
  • if (ANNOYED_W_FANS==true) { KILL_CHAR(rand()); }
    • View Profile
Re: Wands Race - 914 Design Phase [Moskurg]
« Reply #255 on: March 26, 2017, 12:06:58 pm »

@Iituem: Would horse breeding be a revision, or a design?

If it's a revision, we should do Hammer of Allah.  If it's a design...well, that sucks, but we should do the Horse Breeding Program and either revise our Gust of Wind to deflect fireballs, or try to revise our Storm Strike to have natural, uncontrolled lightning.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: March 26, 2017, 12:08:50 pm »

Men without food can't fight. Starvation is funny like that.

And revising gust of wind or using the revision to make a variant that uses the Arstotzkan's firewalls against them would be a dream AND uses their own power to kill them. It isn't unchivalrous if they kill themselves!
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: March 26, 2017, 12:21:55 pm »

If our horses are faster and we have teletalk wands, what about an order to create our own elite troops?

Order: Elite Skirmishers
Code named "The Black Djinni", these men are elite soldiers trained to harass and disrupt the enemy behind their lines.  Faster than any Arstotzkan horse, they can constantly outrun pursuers and disappear into the wilderness.  Masters of hit-and-run tactics, they target unsuspecting soldiers asleep in their tents, supply caravans, and torch farms far behind their main line.  They are the best of the best, and excel at picking their battles.

Edit: Actually, this would probably be a design, not an order...

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: March 26, 2017, 12:37:21 pm »

That could certainly work, yeah.

Anyway, design:

Warhammers: Effectively a hefty bit of metal on a handle. The handle comes in variable sizes for one handed & two handed use. Designed to primarily be effective against armoured troops, the weapons are still viable against light troops.

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: March 26, 2017, 12:42:37 pm »

If we're designing an anti-armor weapon, then we should go with the Billhook.

It's a version of the spear, which we already use, so we'd get a bonus to development.

Or - just gonna pitch this idea out there - we could do some magical spell that would not only defeat their armor, but also be extra effective against people wearing it.  Some sort of electricity spell, perhaps. Something that uses our control of the weather, even.  Like...a lightning bolt or something.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: March 26, 2017, 12:48:24 pm »

We need weapons light enough to be used from horseback as well as on foot. While billhooks are good weapons they do suffer the issues inherent to polearms.

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: March 26, 2017, 01:00:35 pm »

I suppose so.  Either way, we should probably spend our turn designing the Horse Breeding Program to take advantage of the plains - the sooner we start utilizing that advantage, the better.

Really, it boils down to three options to beat their armor:
1) The Hammer of Allah.
2) Horse Breeding Program.
3) Warhammer/Billhook/Warpick.

Unless someone else has something that trumps all three of these, we should probably start voting on which route to consider.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: March 26, 2017, 01:06:32 pm »

I've voted for the shock and awe option.

Oh, and we should also send an order for the capture of  our opponent's mages so we can reverse engineer their spells.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2017, 01:13:51 pm by crazyabe »
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: March 26, 2017, 01:21:10 pm »

Capturing someone who hates us and can spew fireballs at will and trying to get him to teach us how to do it sounds...dangerous.  There's no way we could do that in an order.

Orders we COULD do: examine captured armor for weaknesses, move Al back to the desert.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: March 26, 2017, 01:26:05 pm »

We have Read minds, if we were to create a version which is more Tear apart someone's mind for information about how a spell works...
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: March 26, 2017, 01:29:02 pm »

We're getting a bit ahead of ourselves, here.  That would require another design and revision phase, and right now we're trying to stop the bleeding their armor is causing.

1) The Hammer of Allah.                    Crazyabe, Kashyyk, evictedSaint
2) Horse Breeding Program.               Nuke
3) Warhammer/Billhook/Warpick.       Taricus
« Last Edit: March 26, 2017, 04:25:27 pm by evictedSaint »

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: March 26, 2017, 01:46:06 pm »

I vote for the Hammer of Allah. Weather control experience,  plus not having to generate a lightning bolt from nothing (only encourage them to occur naturally) should make it pretty straightforward to do.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: March 26, 2017, 02:12:44 pm »

On the condition that Iituem is okay with it, I'm voting for Horse Breeding.
Long Live United Forenia!

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: March 26, 2017, 02:40:01 pm »

@Iituem: How effective are our horse riders?  Would amping up our Storm Strike to be a regular thunderstorm be something we could concievably do with a revision or is it too ambitious?  I'm not sure where the line is drawn.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: March 26, 2017, 04:59:14 pm »

Something that I cooked up for the order phase:

Order: The Manhattan Project:

Small groups of mages infiltrate/immigrate into Arstotska's capital and the cities that hold their largest plate mail producing facilities. They hide in secluded buildings at the edges of each of these towns, then cast Storm Strike. This will decimate Arstotskan infrastructure, potentially kill many of their leaders, and destroy vast amounts of that accursed plate mail (which is assumedly being stockpiled in these cities). We will then release a press-conference (or whatever the medieval-equivalent of that is) that states the the people who destroyed those cities were not ordered to do so and thus are terrorists who must be killed or captured on-sight (thus upholding our "chivalry" image). The infiltrating mages will be told about our plans to do this before the mission, but will be given adequate lodgings and resources in a hidden location. We will also send humanitarian aid to the affected cities. Some of this "aid" will be spies that can then take this opportunity to establish a nice spy network in Arstotska.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2017, 05:10:47 pm by ATHATH »
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 217