Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 217

Author Topic: Wands Race - [Moskurg] {COMPLETED}  (Read 188243 times)

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Wands Race - [Moskurg]
« Reply #585 on: April 13, 2017, 02:50:33 am »

Improved Tubikh Rrahim - Using our design action,  we shall attempt the following in order of priority:
  • Selectivity
  • Counter pre existing spells
  • Increased Area of Effect
  • Targeting the area somewhere other than centred on our caster
Aye. Sounds good. Personally I would reverse the order of the first two items, but unless we roll poorly we should manage to get both. +1

EDIT: Actually, no. Selectivity might be pretty hard to get. We should definitely reverse the order of the first two items.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2017, 12:05:29 pm by NUKE9.13 »
Long Live United Forenia!

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #586 on: April 13, 2017, 03:41:39 am »

I don't think selectivity is important due to not having spells that we cast in melee.  Our cheap lightning (great idea, btw), is not castable in melee due to it's indiscriminate nature.  (We soften them up a lot before the clash begins.)  Our other spells are all used outside of melee, when we don't need our antimagic for protection, and can work before the day of the melee.

As is, I'll vote with Nuke's idea, putting countering pre-existing spells first, and selectivity second.  (It'll still be quite useful in the future, even if it isn't right now.)

Whatever we do, our revision should be for something non-magical, as I'm expecting them to duplicate our antimagic pretty quick.  Improved armor, maybe?  Their AP weapons are magical in nature, and if we've got better armor for our common troops, it should help us some more.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #587 on: April 13, 2017, 06:50:12 am »

We could revise our scale to be cheaper maybe?

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #588 on: April 13, 2017, 06:57:42 am »

AP weapons matter little if we don't have armour. That being said, we do need more AP weapons that don't rely on a charge.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #589 on: April 13, 2017, 07:04:07 am »

AP weapons matter little if we don't have armour. That being said, we do need more AP weapons that don't rely on a charge.

* Devastator nods.

Lets make some then, if we knock out their AP weapons.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2017, 07:05:56 am by Devastator »

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #590 on: April 13, 2017, 02:40:26 pm »

As is, I'll vote with Nuke's idea, putting countering pre-existing spells first, and selectivity second.  (It'll still be quite useful in the future, even if it isn't right now.)
This has my +1.
Forenia Forever!
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #591 on: April 13, 2017, 05:05:22 pm »

This has my +1.
Changing my vote from the original revision idea to this.
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #592 on: April 13, 2017, 05:08:24 pm »

Hey(,) guys, do you mind if I bluff in the main thread about having secretly created a splinter faction that can carry out my ultimatum (regardless of what you guys want)? I figure that it might work, seeing as I tend to do that sort of thing in other games.
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #593 on: April 13, 2017, 05:29:58 pm »

Hey(,) guys, do you mind if I bluff in the main thread about having secretly created a splinter faction that can carry out my ultimatum (regardless of what you guys want)? I figure that it might work, seeing as I tend to do that sort of thing in other games.
What on earth do you hope to accomplish by that sort of ridiculous claim?
If we had a superweapon we would be using it. No one is going to believe for a single second that you are capable of fulfilling your threats.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #594 on: April 13, 2017, 05:39:35 pm »

What on earth do you hope to accomplish by that sort of ridiculous claim?
If we had a superweapon we would be using it. No one is going to believe for a single second that you are capable of fulfilling your threats.
It's not that ridiculous. All I'd need would be a dozen or so anti-Arstotskan fanatical wizards on my side (which shouldn't be too hard to find, considering that Arstotska just committed unprovoked mass-murder on thousands of Moskurgians).

And as for what it would accomplish? The saving of numerous Moskurgian lives.

We've had this superweapon for quite a while now. The only thing that's been stopping us from using it is our Chivalry policy (because of the massive number of civilian deaths/civilian property destruction that it would cause). Since I'm pretending to be a radicalist, I can (mostly) ignore that policy.

Finally, if I play my cards right, I can doctor up a few pms from evictedSaint to support my story.

Can I "quote" your pm and alter its contents to suit my purposes? It would help my bluffing a lot.
You may do or say anything you like, but if questioned I will answer honestly.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2017, 05:44:44 pm by ATHATH »

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #595 on: April 13, 2017, 05:48:16 pm »

We've had this superweapon for quite a while now. The only thing that's been stopping us from using it is our Chivalry policy (because of the massive number of civilian deaths/civilian property destruction that it would cause). Since I'm pretending to be a radicalist, I can (mostly) ignore that policy.
What superweapon? What are you talking about? Is this that thing about Storm Strike? Because that just makes it rain a lot. I am given to understand that it rains a lot in Arstotzka without magical assistance.

Finally, if I play my cards right, I can doctor up a few pms from evictedSaint to support my story.
Dude no. No. Why would you even consider that. Fictional mass murder is one thing, literally pretending the GM said something they didn't is a whole different ball game.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #596 on: April 13, 2017, 05:54:26 pm »

What superweapon? What are you talking about? Is this that thing about Storm Strike? Because that just makes it rain a lot. I am given to understand that it rains a lot in Arstotzka without magical assistance.
I'm talking about this thing:
Something that I cooked up for the order phase:

Order: The Manhattan Project:

Small groups of mages infiltrate/immigrate into Arstotska's capital and the cities that hold their largest plate mail producing facilities. They hide in secluded buildings at the edges of each of these towns, then cast Storm Strike. This will decimate Arstotskan infrastructure, potentially kill many of their leaders, and destroy vast amounts of that accursed plate mail (which is assumedly being stockpiled in these cities). We will then release a press-conference (or whatever the medieval-equivalent of that is) that states the the people who destroyed those cities were not ordered to do so and thus are terrorists who must be killed or captured on-sight (thus upholding our "chivalry" image). The infiltrating mages will be told about our plans to do this before the mission, but will be given adequate lodgings and resources in a hidden location. We will also send humanitarian aid to the affected cities. Some of this "aid" will be spies that can then take this opportunity to establish a nice spy network in Arstotska.

Can we get GM clarification on whether or not Storm Strike can create hurricanes?

Dude no. No. Why would you even consider that. Fictional mass murder is one thing, literally pretending the GM said something they didn't is a whole different ball game.
That's why I asked him first.

But yeah, that might cross the line a little bit (and draw some more favoritism hate towards evictedSaint). I'll scrap that idea.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2017, 05:58:11 pm by ATHATH »

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
  • if (ANNOYED_W_FANS==true) { KILL_CHAR(rand()); }
    • View Profile
« Reply #597 on: April 13, 2017, 06:06:13 pm »

Storm Strike generates storms of the same intensity as your average thunder storm.  It would probably need more work to get it to tropical storm or hurricane level.

Sosoku234

• Bay Watcher
  • Shiny and chrome!
    • View Profile
« Reply #598 on: April 13, 2017, 06:42:59 pm »

Well, we could use a revision to try to make it hurricane level. Then we'd have a real threat.
Monster stowage inventory running low. Starting #2 Monster Pump, filling #4 Monster tank, via #2a Demonizer.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #599 on: April 14, 2017, 02:00:32 am »

Well, we could use a revision to try to make it hurricane level. Then we'd have a real threat.
Right. Except our goal is not to perform terrorist attacks, our goal is to win a war. And a hurricane-level storm would hurt both sides equally.
If espionage was a thing in this game, maybe we could consider sabotaging the Arstotzkans by modifying the weather in their homeland. But (so far) it isn't.

Quote from: Votes
Improved Tubikh Rrahim
  -Selectivity First:  Kashyyk (1)
  -Counters Pre Existing Spells First:  NUKE9.13, Devastator, Happerry, ATHATH (4)
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 217