Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 217

Author Topic: Wands Race - [Moskurg] {COMPLETED}  (Read 189158 times)

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Wands Race - [Moskurg]
« Reply #615 on: April 16, 2017, 02:34:55 pm »

Argh! We're so close to making them flip the table in anger! We just need a little bit more advantage...

Revision: Anchoring: Learn how to bind the center-point of Tubikh Rrahim to objects or people, causing the spell to move with whatever it's bonded to.
Hmm. That may be tricky- it's a pretty big change. I think if we can just get the spell to be mobile, so that we can use it offensively, that would be good enough to scare the shit out of them. We could perhaps make it bind to something if we roll high enough. How about this:

Revision - Wand of Tubikh Rrahim: God, in his infinite wisdom, requires a highly complex series of enchantments to call upon His aid. Drawing these spell circles is a complex thing, however, taking up much time and effort. Now, we cannot skip this step, but we can make it easier for mages on the front lines- by pre-inscribing the necessary circles onto a wand, and performing part of the ritual on it, it allows mages to cast through the wand, even whilst on the move.
This should allow Tubikh Rrahim to be used offensively. If we roll high enough, we might make the wand the actual center of the spell, allowing them to be thrown at enemy wizards like anti-magic grenades wait no then they can just pick them up and reverse-engineer them. Perhaps the apprentice casting the spell (apprentices can still cast Expensive spells, albeit only once per battle- but you can only cast Tubikh Rrahim once per battle anyway, so it's all the same) could be convinced to join a cavalry charge towards enemy mages. If they get killed... well, they're only apprentices. Dying a hero ain't so bad.
+1.
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #616 on: April 16, 2017, 03:47:49 pm »

Revision - Wand of Tubikh Rrahim: God, in his infinite wisdom, requires a highly complex series of enchantments to call upon His aid. Drawing these spell circles is a complex thing, however, taking up much time and effort. Now, we cannot skip this step, but we can make it easier for mages on the front lines- by pre-inscribing the necessary circles onto a wand, and performing part of the ritual on it, it allows mages to cast through the wand, even whilst on the move.
This should allow Tubikh Rrahim to be used offensively. If we roll high enough, we might make the wand the actual center of the spell, allowing them to be thrown at enemy wizards like anti-magic grenades wait no then they can just pick them up and reverse-engineer them. Perhaps the apprentice casting the spell (apprentices can still cast Expensive spells, albeit only once per battle- but you can only cast Tubikh Rrahim once per battle anyway, so it's all the same) could be convinced to join a cavalry charge towards enemy mages. If they get killed... well, they're only apprentices. Dying a hero ain't so bad.
Changing my +1 to this.
Forenia Forever!
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
  • if (ANNOYED_W_FANS==true) { KILL_CHAR(rand()); }
    • View Profile
« Reply #617 on: April 16, 2017, 04:54:41 pm »

Revision: Wand of Tubikh Rrahim [5]
Concentrating the intricate spell circles and weeks of holy prayer into the confines of a single wand is a very, very ambitious task - especially within the limited window of time a revision allows us.

Nevertheless, our researcher priests make a valiant attempt.

It's not that we can't do it - we've crafted working wands that operate off a basic spell framework before.  It's just that this particular spell has the majority of its complexity stored in the prayer and spell circles that make up the casting component.  To store it in a wand for ease of use would require us to engrave not just the spell circles, but also the entire prayer into the framework of the wand along with the base incantations and magical blessings.  There's simply not enough room on your standard foot-and-a-half wand to do it, regardless of what it is made out of.

By the end of our revision all we have to show for our efforts is a wand so thoroughly engraved with spellwork that it's little more than a tooth pick.

There is a silver lining to all this, however - we have a better understanding of wandcrafting, and our researcher priests are already drawing up schematics for a two and a half meter long staff with enough surface area to contain all the engravings we'd need to make it functional.  It's too late in the year to start producing prototypes, but we'll likely have an advantage if we revisit this concept.

Orders:
With Arstotzka now executing prisoners, our men are growing increasingly malcontent with Arstotzkan prisoners.  Our commanders have had to more than once prevent prisoner abuse, but even they are bitter about the executions Arstotzka have been performing.  Moskurg has a long, rich history of Chivalrous conduct, so our Sultan is reluctant to give that up to get "even" with Arstotzka.  He has asked you for advice on how to deal with Arstotzkan prisoners.

A)  Maintain Chivalry: It's important to show we will release all who surrender to us and that we will not disrespect prisoners. +1 moral to our side (negated by enemy terror), +1 to enemy troop recovery

B)  Prisoner of War Camps: With Arstotzka executing prisoners, we can't in good conscious release captured soldiers.  We'll hold them in camps - humanely - until the end of the war. -1 unit to our side to maintain prison camps

C)  Forced Labor Camps: Put them to work.  We won't kill them outright, but they will either work in our mines, forests, and fields or they will be executed. -1 unit to our side to maintain labor camps, +1 Terror against enemy

D)  Respond in Kind: This is war.  They have done the unthinkable, in the very face of our kindness.  The only thing Arstotzkans understand is violence.  Kill them all.  +1 Terror against enemy

E)  Brutality: Moskurg doesn't kill prisoners.  That being said, there's nothing wrong with mutilating them until they're no longer combat capable and returning them to their kinsmen... +2 Terror against enemy. -1 Moral to our side
« Last Edit: April 16, 2017, 05:17:04 pm by evictedSaint »

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #618 on: April 16, 2017, 05:03:51 pm »

C. When we have a Brainwashing spell, we can Start helping those we "Fix" to Escape to their side so they can cause even more fear, Still we'd best put them to work.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #619 on: April 16, 2017, 05:06:41 pm »

E) Amputate our prisoners' limbs and cut out their tongues before sending them back, so that Arstotska has to either spend resources on feeding men who can't fight or work, deal with the consequences of killing their own crippled men, or spend several turns developing healing magic and/or prosthetics.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2017, 05:14:14 pm by ATHATH »
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #620 on: April 16, 2017, 06:35:37 pm »

Something that I just noticed: "Arstotska" is apparently spelled "Arstotzka" (in this game, at least). I'm going to continue using my spelling of it, however, just for ease of use.

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #621 on: April 16, 2017, 08:22:23 pm »

Invent the Machete to improve maneuvaribility of the jungle

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #622 on: April 16, 2017, 08:46:00 pm »

Invent the Machete to improve maneuvaribility of the jungle

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #623 on: April 16, 2017, 09:51:49 pm »

C)  Forced Labor Camps: Put them to work.  We won't kill them outright, but they will either work in our mines, forests, and fields or they will be executed. -1 unit to our side to maintain labor camps, +1 Terror against enemy
This has my +1.
Forenia Forever!
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #624 on: April 16, 2017, 09:55:52 pm »

C
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #625 on: April 16, 2017, 10:09:46 pm »

But C is directly inferior to D! We'd lose a unit for nothing (unless you consider peace of mind something, but since it doesn't affect our troops' morale, I'd say that it's still nothing), especially after (not if) Arstotska breaks their prisoners out of our camps!

Also, do you think that keeping our prisoners in horrible concentration camps is any better than killing them? At least with my plan, they'll get to see their friends and families again.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2017, 10:12:18 pm by ATHATH »

Sosoku234

• Bay Watcher
  • Shiny and chrome!
    • View Profile
« Reply #626 on: April 16, 2017, 10:13:54 pm »

Part of me really wants A, but it seems less feasible and almost detrimental to us. So my +1 goes to C.
Monster stowage inventory running low. Starting #2 Monster Pump, filling #4 Monster tank, via #2a Demonizer.

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #627 on: April 16, 2017, 10:14:52 pm »

That entirely depends upon if we can use an action to make our new slave labor built gear cheaper or something. Or convince them to turn sides. Or 'convince' them. Or use them up in blood magic rituals or something.
Forenia Forever!

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #628 on: April 16, 2017, 10:27:02 pm »

That entirely depends upon if we can use an action to make our new slave labor built gear cheaper or something. Or convince them to turn sides. Or 'convince' them. Or use them up in blood magic rituals or something.
True. Perhaps C does hold some hidden bonuses.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #629 on: April 16, 2017, 10:32:32 pm »

Next round, we Start working on a Mindwashing Spell and turn their soldiers into unknowing Sleeper agents whom will Join our troops when the Correct moment Strikes.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 217