Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 217

Author Topic: Wands Race - [Moskurg] {COMPLETED}  (Read 189098 times)

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Wands Race - [Moskurg]
« Reply #630 on: April 16, 2017, 10:33:32 pm »

Next round, we Start working on a Mindwashing Spell and turn their soldiers into unknowing Sleeper agents whom will Join our troops when the Correct moment Strikes.
Again, our antimagic is going to royally mess up that plan.
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #631 on: April 16, 2017, 10:38:19 pm »

We Activate it Before we Dispel all new spells, we've only proven we can Vaporize their Crystal weapons at short range, We can probably Set it up to be Specific to their weapons rather to our Mindslaves.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #632 on: April 16, 2017, 10:54:36 pm »

I'm against it, not because I don't like the idea but because it sounds like another big and complicated spell which will take a few turns to figure out, and we just did that. Let's take down a few low hanging fruit before we do something else big, like making our anti-projectile wind shield spell actually usable in mass instead of just on our officers, or reworking our mind reading spell into a mind blasting spell, or suchlike.
Forenia Forever!
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #633 on: April 16, 2017, 10:57:54 pm »

From mindreading to Mind Draining Spell Perhaps? by which I mean "Spell which allows us to Dig through the minds of Captured mages and reverse engineer their spells that way".
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #634 on: April 16, 2017, 11:07:19 pm »

From mindreading to Mind Draining Spell Perhaps? by which I mean "Spell which allows us to Dig through the minds of Captured mages and reverse engineer their spells that way".
We'd need a way to reliably capture mages too, to make that work. Again, I'm not against such a plan, but I want to grab a few low hanging fruit type things before we try to do any big game changers.

I'm definitely in favor of some sort of mind blast or create agony or confusion projection type spell next so we have something to reply to their fireballs with, at the very least.
Forenia Forever!
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #635 on: April 16, 2017, 11:36:28 pm »

No revision spent on non-magical gear to work under our antimagic?  Aww.

There's also the orders.  We could invade the Taiga or counterattack in the mountains.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #636 on: April 16, 2017, 11:36:53 pm »

create agony
Yes... YES... My corruption efficiency-oriented mindset is spreading... Soon, Moskurg shall RULE THE WORLD, WITH ME AS ITS LEADER! AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAA!

*ahem*

Er... Yes, I support this line of action, although I think that we should, as Happerry says, go for the low-hanging fruit first (and maybe develop selective antimagic as well).
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
  • if (ANNOYED_W_FANS==true) { KILL_CHAR(rand()); }
    • View Profile
« Reply #637 on: April 16, 2017, 11:38:39 pm »

Combat phase is going to be tomorrow night.  In the interest of transparency, I'll be copy-pasting the raw combat results in addition to writing up combat reports. 

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #638 on: April 17, 2017, 12:55:05 pm »

Yey!
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #639 on: April 18, 2017, 07:41:12 pm »

Combat phase is going to be tomorrow night.  In the interest of transparency, I'll be copy-pasting the raw combat results in addition to writing up combat reports. 
You lied to us.

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #640 on: April 18, 2017, 08:53:01 pm »

The hold up is the fact that the combat results don't seem to be reflecting the state of research between both nations.  It's been frustrating me for a while now - due to the way advantages and counters are handled, I'm having trouble making the combat engine behave in a way that makes sense.

For example, when Moskurg spent several turns researching Anti-magic, Arstotzka researched anti-mindreading and a newer fireball that can be cast more rapidly, yet there was hardly any effect in the battles that happened during that period.  There's been other weird results like this and I've been trying to tweak the engine to work in a way that makes sense.  For the past few turns (and this turn, especially) you guys have been doing remarkably well.  I love you guys, but this turn you just blew through Arstotzka and since I have knowledge of both sides capabilities I can say objectively that that should not be happening.

In all honesty, I'm tempted to abandon Iituem's python file altogether and move to the system that Sensei uses - simply determining how both sides are doing from a practical standpoint, figuring out how a new piece of technology would affect the battlefield, and progressing from there to subjectively determine which side gains/loses ground in an area based on what would be effective in what area.  This would mean changing the system mid-way through the game, though, and I'm not sure that's fair to either side.

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #641 on: April 18, 2017, 08:59:49 pm »

Well, if the program thinks that our strong Moskurg troops simply ravaged the weak willed Arstotzkan pigs, I mean, who are we to argue?
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #642 on: April 18, 2017, 09:19:46 pm »

Why not let the Arstotskans pick their poison: an automatic/mechanical system that currently shows them getting their rumps handed to them or a GM that (at least in their eyes) might be partial to the Moskurgians (even if he doesn't intend to be)?

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #643 on: April 18, 2017, 10:46:09 pm »

Dammit guys, we should have invaded the Taiga.

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #644 on: April 18, 2017, 11:34:42 pm »

Arstotzka would rather do Sensei's system, since it has a better reflection of how combat should be progressing.

If you guys are up for that, we'll switch over.
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 217