Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 217

Author Topic: Wands Race - [Moskurg] {COMPLETED}  (Read 189131 times)

Mardent23

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Wands Race - [Moskurg]
« Reply #675 on: April 20, 2017, 08:05:05 am »

Are we even going to address armor?

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #676 on: April 20, 2017, 08:06:56 am »

I'm happy to vote for armor.  I just want to vote for whatever will do something and isn't antimagic this turn.  I think personally I'd prefer big shields, and to restart the battles in the taiga and the mountains, if we go for armor.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #677 on: April 20, 2017, 08:09:01 am »

Here's our orders for the previous turns:

Last turn: (922)  Design Tubikh Rrahim.  Revise Tubikh Rrahim.

Previous turn: (921)  Design Tubikh Rrahim.  Revise Tubikh Rrahim.  Expense chit on Storm Strike.

Turn before that:  (920)  Design Tubikh Rrahim.  Revise Tubikh Rrahim.

Turn before that:  (919) Theoretical anti-magic.  Revise Spear of Allah.

Seriously, please, please PLEASE stop doing the exact same thing every turn!
I think you added in an extra year there. We designed theoretical anti-magic in 920, not 919.

I mean, you still have a point. We've been spending a long time on this. But we're so close!

We favour quantity over quality. We can afford to lose a few troops, I think. Obviously it would be nice to develop better armour, but I think better armour-piercing weapons and some anti-magic that actually works the way we want it to is more important.
Long Live United Forenia!

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #678 on: April 20, 2017, 08:11:13 am »

Here's our orders for the previous turns:

Last turn: (922)  Design Tubikh Rrahim.  Revise Tubikh Rrahim.

Previous turn: (921)  Design Tubikh Rrahim.  Revise Tubikh Rrahim.  Expense chit on Storm Strike.

Turn before that:  (920)  Design Tubikh Rrahim.  Revise Tubikh Rrahim.

Turn before that:  (919) Theoretical anti-magic.  Revise Spear of Allah.

Seriously, please, please PLEASE stop doing the exact same thing every turn!
I think you added in an extra year there. We designed theoretical anti-magic in 920, not 919.

I mean, you still have a point. We've been spending a long time on this. But we're so close!

Yeah, you're right.  One extra turn in there.

Come on though, lets design something new, not the same thing again.  I know you don't care about winning, but can we at least do something new?

You did say that, didn't you?  That you didn't care about winning, but you wanted to see new stuff designed?
« Last Edit: April 20, 2017, 08:14:00 am by Devastator »

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
  • if (ANNOYED_W_FANS==true) { KILL_CHAR(rand()); }
    • View Profile
« Reply #679 on: April 20, 2017, 08:20:20 am »

You need to take it easy, Dev.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #680 on: April 20, 2017, 08:38:03 am »

You need to take it easy, Dev.

Dunno.  Is the sitation distinguishable from one where the other players are trying to ensure my unhappiness?

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #681 on: April 20, 2017, 08:44:21 am »

Man, you are taking this way too personal. No one here is purposefully trying to make you unhappy.
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #682 on: April 20, 2017, 08:46:56 am »

Man, you are taking this way too personal. No one here is purposefully trying to make you unhappy.

No, I don't really think that's the case.  If it was, though, it would look just like this.

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #683 on: April 20, 2017, 08:50:44 am »

No one is attacking you, man.  People are going to disagree with you and that's fine.  No one is trying to "ensure your unhappiness", they're just debating the best course of action.  If they disagree with you it's not because they have a personal vendetta against you.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #684 on: April 20, 2017, 08:54:53 am »

Oy, evicted, I don't think that's really the case.  I just think that if it was the case, things wouldn't be any different than this.

I mean really, though, what's can I do about this?  Nuke doesn't want to win the game, but refuses to change vote.  Taricus and Kashyyk are happy enough to ride the vote train, with no more reason than saying that my idea won't work, so they're going to do the exact same thing they've done successfully the last two turns.  (I don't think we're going to roll better than 6,4,5, for one thing.)  What can I say in response to that?  Happyerry is happy to add a +1 to whatever the voting bloc does, should they need it, every single turn.

So there's no opportunity to design, no opportunity to see stuff done, and no opportunity for meaningful input.  Why isn't taking it personally justified again?
« Last Edit: April 20, 2017, 09:18:54 am by Devastator »

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #685 on: April 20, 2017, 09:29:37 am »

I don't know where you're getting the whole "Nuke doesn't want to win" thing, he's practically our top designer. And anyway, after this design, we're probably revising the bodkin arrows that you suggested
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #686 on: April 20, 2017, 09:29:43 am »

...seriously man, take it down a notch. It's a game.  This thread is starting to sound a lot like Arstotzka's with all the salt and it's kinda bumming me out.

I'm not going to tell you to chill out again.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #687 on: April 20, 2017, 10:21:50 am »

I don't know where you're getting the whole "Nuke doesn't want to win" thing, he's practically our top designer. And anyway, after this design, we're probably revising the bodkin arrows that you suggested

From here:

I believe that's what evicted has been trying to do. If we're willing to make this sort of concession for Arstotzka it will make us look all the better when we win. If we don't we can resort to classic salt tactics and claim they only won because Evicted was biased in their favour in an attempt to make it up to them for the bug.

It's a total win-win*

You're right though, it wasn't Nuke, but Kashyyk who doesn't care about winning.  I have that wrong.  Although it is in title text, so your device or browser may not be able to show it.  If that's the case, quoting it will show it.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2017, 10:33:56 am by Devastator »

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #688 on: April 20, 2017, 10:42:49 am »

...seriously man, take it down a notch. It's a game.  This thread is starting to sound a lot like Arstotzka's with all the salt and it's kinda bumming me out.

I'm not going to tell you to chill out again.

I'm done for today, anyhow, I've got like 12 hours of work starting soon.

Really, though, should I be happy about this game?  And am I at fault for being unhappy about something?  I'm not asking for much, just to see some of my input go through.  I did get to make the last design to go for knocking out crystals, which seems to have been a good idea.

The game's not that big of a deal, but calming down about it.. does that mean I shouldn't try to change people's minds?  Or should I be allowed to make only one post every update?  What am I allowed to do?

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #689 on: April 20, 2017, 10:54:09 am »

I believe anti-magic is a wunderwaffen that'll actually work. Making it mobile with a staff allows us to use it on the offensive, so we'll be as effective as we on the defence. This then allows us to convert it into something we can launch. Imagine planting one of these wands in the side of an enemy ship, into their cold tower or amongst a group of fireball wizards. They'll suddenly be unable to cast. If we can make it selective we can cast whilst they can't. This is a whole new branch of magic that is going to be (and already is) super useful, and super powerful.

I can appreciate it if you think there's some sunk cost fallacy happening here, but I believe it's worth it.

However, your suggestions of bodkins and big shields are definitely deserving of attention. I just feel they can be completed with a revision instead of a design.
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 217