Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 217

Author Topic: Wands Race - [Moskurg] {COMPLETED}  (Read 189078 times)

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Wands Race - [Moskurg]
« Reply #915 on: April 26, 2017, 11:05:09 pm »

Lets see how things go.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2017, 11:09:22 pm by Devastator »

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #916 on: April 26, 2017, 11:31:41 pm »

I'd be totally up for researching an Unlucky Strike spell that does the reverse of our Lucky Strike spell to cast on the other side.

Or just spending a design action to monkey see monkey do replicate the wand of heroism for wider use.

Voting Against the order to Deploy Ballistae on the boats only: [4] Happerry, ATHATH, Mardent23, Sosoku234
Giving the Trader the Wand of Heroism [???]: ATHATH
Giving the Trader the Wand of Gust of Wind [5]: ATHATH, Mardent23, Sosoku234, S34N1C, Taricus, Happerry
Giving the trader Storm Strike [2]: S34N1C, Taricus
NOT Killing the Trader [4]: ATHATH, Mardent23, Taricus, Happerry
NOT Telling the Trader About the Existence of Arstotska [???]: ATHATH, S34N1C
Don't sell anything to the Trader [1]: Detoxicated
Forenia Forever!
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #917 on: April 26, 2017, 11:38:00 pm »

We do need at least one expense credit, because if we get that we've got lamellar armour (the good stuff) for everyone. Our halberdiers will be pretty damn feared by the Arstotzkans.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #918 on: April 26, 2017, 11:39:28 pm »

Voting Against the order to Deploy Ballistae on the boats only: [4] Happerry, ATHATH, Mardent23, Sosoku234
Giving the Trader the Wand of Gust of Wind [5]: ATHATH, Mardent23, Sosoku234, S34N1C, Taricus, Happerry
Giving the trader Storm Strike [2]: S34N1C, Taricus
NOT Telling the Trader About the Existence of Arstotska [???]: ATHATH, S34N1C
NOT Giving the Trader Storm Strike [1]: ATHATH
« Last Edit: April 26, 2017, 11:41:17 pm by ATHATH »
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #919 on: April 26, 2017, 11:41:51 pm »

Hey how are you guys with selling the old teletalk wands? We never said they had to be consumer friendly!

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #920 on: April 26, 2017, 11:45:06 pm »

Hey how are you guys with selling the old teletalk wands? We never said they had to be consumer friendly!
That might get us murdered by the Trader/his country, and if he sells the wands to Arstotska, they could reverse-engineer them and develop properly-working teletalk wands (or other divination magic).
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #921 on: April 26, 2017, 11:45:59 pm »

I'm fine with Storm strike, really.  Against the teletalk wands, because I think the buyer may want a demonstration.  Also against boats only, these won't have a shock effect and we need everything we can get on the ground.

Voting Against the order to Deploy Ballistae on the boats only: [5] Happerry, ATHATH, Mardent23, Sosoku234, Devastator
Giving the Trader the Wand of Gust of Wind [6]: ATHATH, Mardent23, Sosoku234, S34N1C, Taricus, Happerry, Devastator
Giving the trader Storm Strike [3]: S34N1C, Taricus, Devastator
NOT Telling the Trader About the Existence of Arstotska [2]: ATHATH, S34N1C
« Last Edit: April 26, 2017, 11:47:41 pm by Devastator »

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #922 on: April 26, 2017, 11:51:40 pm »

I'm fine with Storm strike, really.  Against the teletalk wands, because I think the buyer may want a demonstration.  Also against boats only, these won't have a shock effect and we need everything we can get on the ground.
Storm Strike is one of our biggest advantages against the Arstotskans. If they get their dirty mitts on that spell... I suspect that WE may be the ones spewing copious amounts of salt soon.

@evictedSaint: Can we use Teletalk wands to aid in communication with the Trader? It apparently works on Arstotskans, and they probably (correct me if I'm wrong here) don't speak our language.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #923 on: April 27, 2017, 12:17:40 am »

I dunno, if the Arstotzkans get the storm strike spell they'll get hit themselves; we've got the clear skies spell to prevent getting caught in the storm.

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
  • if (ANNOYED_W_FANS==true) { KILL_CHAR(rand()); }
    • View Profile
« Reply #924 on: April 27, 2017, 12:23:18 am »

You know what? That's a good point.

After some fiddling about with hand gestures and pictures, you eventually call in a mage to cast "detect thoughts" on the trader.

His thoughts primarily consist of amazement at the mages weaving magic before him, but you also manage to discern that he's an entirely honest man who just wants to make some coin selling whatever magic he can get back in his home country.  He is aware of Arstotzka to the north, but if he can successfully purchase some magical artifacts from Moskurg he sees no reason to waste the time to sail all the way up the coast.

Teletalk wands, unfortunately, do not work with the trader as thoughts are not auto translated.  He is surprised to hear your foreign language in his head, however, and oogles the wand with childlike wonder.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #925 on: April 27, 2017, 12:54:49 am »

Hey hey, good thinking! Alright then, since he's legit, I wouldn't mind selling him both Gust of Wind and Teletalk- only Gust if he is not willing to buy both. Heck, I'll even throw in the Staff of TR if it gets us both expense credits.
We shouldn't sell the wand of Heroism, though.
Long Live United Forenia!

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #926 on: April 27, 2017, 02:07:00 am »

Well, that helps.  Whatever gets us both is good, and if we can manage that without the heroism wand, that's good.

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #927 on: April 27, 2017, 03:20:49 am »

Voting Against the order to Deploy Ballistae on the boats only: [5] Happerry, ATHATH, Mardent23, Sosoku234, Devastator
Giving the Trader the Wand of Gust of Wind [6]: ATHATH, Mardent23, Sosoku234, S34N1C, Taricus, Happerry, Devastator
Giving the trader Storm Strike [4]: S34N1C, Taricus, Devastator, Happerry
NOT Telling the Trader About the Existence of Arstotska [2]: ATHATH, S34N1C
Giving the Trader Teletalk Wands [1]: Happerry
Well, in that case, let's sell him stuff! Added my vote to selling him the Storm Strike and Teletalk wands.
Forenia Forever!
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #928 on: April 27, 2017, 03:46:04 am »

Uh. Does Storm Strike use a wand? If it does, then yeah, we should sell it. But I think it involves a ritual, which is harder to sell in a convenient package.

Quote from: Overly large and complicated vote count
Voting For the order to deploy Ballistae on ships only: [2] Kashyyk, NUKE9.13

Giving the Trader the Wand of Gust of Wind [7]: ATHATH, Mardent23, Sosoku234, S34N1C, Taricus, Happerry, Devastator, NUKE9.13

Giving the Trader Teletalk Wands [1+1]: Happerry
  Provided it gets us both expense credits [1]: NUKE9.13

NOT Telling the Trader About the Existence of Arstotska [2]: ATHATH, S34N1C He already knows.
Long Live United Forenia!

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #929 on: April 27, 2017, 06:25:04 am »

I vote for robbing the trader, because of the following:

The only magical artefacts we have are teletalk wands, Tubikh Rrahim staves and the Wand of Heroism. Either we don't want to sell them, or they are worthless to him. Every other spell we have is just that, a spell, not an artefact.

Arstotzka has their Wand of Fireballs, which is is probably obsolete for them by now, they have their amulets of magic detection, they have crystal weapons. All of these things they could easily sell to the trader.

Thus, we stop trying to sell him crap and just rob him of his wealth and the artefacts he bought from the Arstotzkans. We can then throw expense credits at everything and reverse engineer their artefacts for our own ends.

Quote from: Overly large and complicated vote count
Voting For the order to deploy Ballistae on ships only: [2] Kashyyk, NUKE9.13

Giving the Trader the Wand of Gust of Wind [7]: ATHATH, Mardent23, Sosoku234, S34N1C, Taricus, Happerry, Devastator, NUKE9.13

Giving the Trader Teletalk Wands [1+1]: Happerry
  Provided it gets us both expense credits [1]: NUKE9.13

Robbing the trader [1]: Kashyyk
NOT Telling the Trader About the Existence of Arstotska [2]: ATHATH, S34N1C He already knows.

Also, evicted: if we limit ballista to naval use only, will that increase the number of ballista the navy can use, or will we just be hampering ourselves for no reason?
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 217