Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 85 86 [87] 88 89 ... 217

Author Topic: Wands Race - [Moskurg] {COMPLETED}  (Read 189147 times)

Khang36

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Wands Race - [Moskurg]
« Reply #1290 on: April 30, 2017, 06:16:19 pm »

Wow we got super napalm. We are definitely winning the sea battles now. But we probably should make a spell that can put iut the flames.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1291 on: April 30, 2017, 06:18:40 pm »

Modification of a wind spell, perhaps, once we iron out the issues with the pots (And as I say this, we end up with pots with like bands of iron or whatever to take the stress of launch or something xD)

And yes, I am aware that the idea behind the design makes a huge impact on its eventual effectiveness....but the dice roll is far more important in the short term. Now then, let's make these things perfect and plentiful, and see what happens.

Oh, and the whole stockpile thing would be an excellent way to get RID of the dumb things....but in no way would there be much of a useful fort left. The heat would likely buckle the walls due to expansion stress. So, umm, yeah. Have fun with that, Arstotzka.
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1292 on: April 30, 2017, 06:21:45 pm »

Yeah, I concur with fixing the pots.  No, I'd rather not keep piles of volatile flammables in our forts to get pounded by enemy cannonballs.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1293 on: April 30, 2017, 06:24:25 pm »

Hadn't thought of that particular misinterpreted reinterpretation of the order. Yeah, best not make it an order.

Perhaps an order that "if successful with redesign and cheap, then throw over walls"?
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • "Lest he be compelled to labor."
    • View Profile
« Reply #1294 on: April 30, 2017, 06:39:08 pm »

Don't leave bloody red barrels laying around. ;)
It is good to choose your battles. It is better to choose your wars.

Mardent23

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1295 on: April 30, 2017, 07:47:12 pm »

What about the Gale Stones?

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1296 on: April 30, 2017, 07:49:27 pm »

NO.
We're done with those things right now. They'll never cause as much damage as the firebombs, and we need to make the firebombs useful. A 25% failure rate means that, even if the crews WOULD use them, with 4 volleys (Statistically speaking) we'll have destroyed all of our own artillery support....and anybody standing remotely close.

Perhaps next turn it will be time to invent methods of magical propulsion? As in, telekinesis, sort of. A mage's assistant (NOT apprentice) tosses one of these in the air, mage then uses the winds of the storm surrounding them (Or, you know, ordinary winds. But those don't sound as cool) to throw the projectile directly at the enemy. Are their archers doing well? BOOM! How about their mages? Good-bye!

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1297 on: April 30, 2017, 07:53:23 pm »

Can we build something not-wind related next turn?

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1298 on: April 30, 2017, 07:56:23 pm »

We just did. The firebombs have nothing to do with wind magic.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1299 on: April 30, 2017, 08:00:53 pm »

We just did. The firebombs have nothing to do with wind magic.
They have point blank Nothing to do with magic.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1300 on: April 30, 2017, 08:02:53 pm »

It's mostly that the word 'wind' has been repeated so often it's lost all meaning by now.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1301 on: April 30, 2017, 08:11:43 pm »

We have experience with wind magic.

Your point is about as valid as a modern weapons designer saying "Let's stop making guns. We've been using gunpowder and guns for so long, there's no point. Let's use some....SLINGS for now!"

Yes, bit of an exaggerated comic response, but you get the point. We know how to use wind. We (should) get a lot of bonuses to it and its research, and if we can continue using it, we should.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1302 on: April 30, 2017, 08:19:44 pm »

I'm mostly being comic.  I'm just worried that, espeically with the lobby for stronger wind gusts, that we're trying to make wind do things better done with other abilities.  There's also that new enchanting mundane items bonus that I'd like to have fun with.

It's easy to say our wind spells are effective, but the aren't, really.  We're doing all our damage with ballistas, luck spells, halberds, armor, and antimagic. Our lot of wind spells are only providing minor bonuses.  Trying to use one to block cannonballs is almost certainly madness.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1303 on: April 30, 2017, 08:30:02 pm »

Well, wind was the basis of the storm spells....which annihilate crap, and are one of the reasons we haven't lost yet---because we rain death from above. A lot.

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1304 on: April 30, 2017, 09:00:47 pm »

Personally I want to use our design action to make a 'Tears of the Heavens' spell next turn. Or, in other words, since lightning doesn't work as well when it's super cold, let's design a 'summon hailstorm' spell and let the enemy suffer under hailstones the size of a golf ball.

Fix Fragile Firestorm Pots: (5) EVERYBODY WHO HAS A BRAIN but mostly: Madman198237, NUKE9.13, Taricus, Abe, Happerry
« Last Edit: April 30, 2017, 09:04:08 pm by Happerry »
Forenia Forever!
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Pages: 1 ... 85 86 [87] 88 89 ... 217