Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 100 101 [102] 103 104 ... 217

Author Topic: Wands Race - [Moskurg] {COMPLETED}  (Read 189178 times)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • "Lest he be compelled to labor."
    • View Profile
Re: Wands Race - [Moskurg]
« Reply #1515 on: May 03, 2017, 11:02:14 pm »

Fuckin' mecha wings:
What do I need to explain? They're mechanical wings for horses. Magic. Uh, wind and stuff.
Horsies with frickin wings on their backs.
It is good to choose your battles. It is better to choose your wars.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1516 on: May 03, 2017, 11:03:23 pm »

Fuckin' mecha wings (2) Egan_BW, Devastator

We've got wind magic and enchanting, this should be pretty reasonable!
« Last Edit: May 03, 2017, 11:05:24 pm by Devastator »

Khang36

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1517 on: May 03, 2017, 11:08:18 pm »

Since we can do any thing could we make something like a magic railgun where instead of using magnics we line the barrel with runes that pushes the projectiles forward?

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1518 on: May 04, 2017, 02:43:13 am »

What we need is climate control. Clearly they have spent an expense credit/revision on their frost towers, their chill citadels, their bad weather bastions. We tolerated this BS whilst it was in the jungle. No more.

Desert Winds: The Arstotzkans threaten to pull Forenia into a new ice age. We must counter this at any cost. A large ritual will be designed, wherein a long line of mages direct massive gusts of winds to blow north from the desert, sending the hot, dry air to bring relief to our troops on the front. Or perhaps towers of our own are what are called for. Modelled after wind-catchers, the wind-thrower towers will be manned by one mage each, constructed in lines leading from the desert to the front. Continuous enchantments force large bodies of air to move slowly northwards, whilst the resident mage recasts and maintains the enchantments when necessary.

The Arstotzkans currently have an advantage on every front. Countering this advantage will therefore benefit us on every front.

Desert Winds: (1) NUKE9.13

Also, not to shoot ourselves in the foot, but I feel like the coastline we have gained in the north should revert to Arstotzkan control if we can't take control of a neighbouring coastline this turn.
Long Live United Forenia!

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1519 on: May 04, 2017, 03:41:40 am »

Voting for Fuckin' mecha wings: Because securing air superiority is important.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Aigre Excalibur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1520 on: May 04, 2017, 04:50:11 am »

I too represent a part of the fuckin mecha wings voting bloc and hereby cast my vote for such.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2017, 04:52:35 am by Aigre Excalibur »
Never ever cease communication with your enemies, never ever cease interaction with them, never isolate yourself from them. Never ignore them, relish the time to deal with them, to exercise banter. The biggest mistake one can make is ignoring one's enemies. Go out of your way to pick a fight today.

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1521 on: May 04, 2017, 05:00:33 am »

I have to ask, how exactly do your proposed horse mecha wings work?
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

Aigre Excalibur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1522 on: May 04, 2017, 05:28:14 am »

I have to ask, how exactly do your proposed horse mecha wings work?

Horseshit and magic with a side of steam.

(Also known colloquially as a steaming pile of magical horseshit)

Also, uh wind and stuff like egan said.

(Fart powered flying mecha horses?)
« Last Edit: May 04, 2017, 05:33:26 am by Aigre Excalibur »
Never ever cease communication with your enemies, never ever cease interaction with them, never isolate yourself from them. Never ignore them, relish the time to deal with them, to exercise banter. The biggest mistake one can make is ignoring one's enemies. Go out of your way to pick a fight today.

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1523 on: May 04, 2017, 05:30:02 am »

enchanted steel equipment - a magically hardened Material making all items made of it stronger and sharper.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1524 on: May 04, 2017, 05:30:30 am »

Desert Winds: (2) NUKE9.13, Taricus

Nullifying their weather advantage will be key to retaking the mountains and the plains: We can't fight if we're freezing to death.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #1525 on: May 04, 2017, 05:41:33 am »

Desert Winds: (3) NUKE9.13, Taricus, Kashyyk

I  initially felt that we could just weather it in the jungle,  but now we have to take action.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1526 on: May 04, 2017, 05:46:02 am »

I do suggest using our expense credit on our ships: Their cold weather spell doesn't seem to work on the seas and having merely expensive ships will utterly drive them back on the basis of numbers and having that many more ballistae loaded with fire shot. Couple that with Desert winds and we'll storm their capital from a direction they cannot counter us from.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1527 on: May 04, 2017, 06:48:33 am »

Wings of Brazen Flight (4) Egan_BW, Devastator, AoshimaMichio, Aigre Excaliber
Enchanted Steel (1) Detoxicated
Desert Winds: (2) NUKE9.13, Taricus

Nullifying their weather advantage will be key to retaking the mountains and the plains: We can't fight if we're freezing to death.

If we can blow up their towers with flying cavalry, it will nullify their weather advantage.  We do also have a revision which we could use to try and make our greek fire into a usable fuel, if it comes to that.

I'll give it a more serious description then.

Wings of Brazen Flight
These are sizeable wooden construction made up of a number of vanes similar to arrows, run from a narrow leather-covered metal plate attached to the front harness of a horse.  This narrow plate runs above and below the front body of the horse, and is well attached to the harness and is met by a similar construction on the other side.  Similar Gust of Wind spells, comparable to the ones on our magic ballistae, run through the wooden vanes to allow the horse a form of limited flight.  Control and placement of these vanes is done through a few leather reins, allowing control over the positioning of the vanes and the thrust produced by the gust of wind spells.  The saddle is also redesigned, so the rider can ride lower, and the horn and front edge having a number of positions where reins can be tied to maintain the position of the vanes.  This allows for one hand to be free, sufficient to throw fire grenades or for a mage to hold a staff or wand.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1528 on: May 04, 2017, 06:49:55 am »

The horses need to survive the cold output by those towers to do that though.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1529 on: May 04, 2017, 06:53:23 am »

If it's botched we can still try to make our greek fire into a usable fuel.  It is cheap, after all.

I don't want to try and make a wind-type spell or a climate control spell because I think it would be going up against their towers, better roll win.  I'd be more supportive of a spell that generates heat internally or locally, to keep groups warm or creatures warm.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2017, 06:55:11 am by Devastator »
Pages: 1 ... 100 101 [102] 103 104 ... 217